What should happen to UXM after Kirkman leaves?

Except that's a story we've already read....even in the UU. Return to Weapon X has the mansion destroyed and rebuilt in like 4 issues. That massive undertaking and money loss is not new to the UU either, in Cable the X-Jet was destroyed and then the back-up was crashed into Six Pack. Since then the X-Men had to take the train to get around. In the Apoc arc a new X-Jet appears just long enough to explode.

With Ultimates dumbed down, I want UXM to become the political sociological book of the UU. With race being talked about quite a lot today, the mutants should be doing the same.

One possible idea, open to be cannibalized, would be to have Xavier put his money with his mouth is...have him run for president. Ultimate Bush must be on his way out by now anyway. And Xavier doesn't have to win the election, but remember when the UU was topical?

Okay what about the mutant thing as a metaphor for real life events, like a criminal organization running a mutant smuggling ring?

Last edited:
Except that's a story we've already read....even in the UU. Return to Weapon X has the mansion destroyed and rebuilt in like 4 issues. That massive undertaking and money loss is not new to the UU either, in Cable the X-Jet was destroyed and then the back-up was crashed into Six Pack. Since then the X-Men had to take the train to get around. In the Apoc arc a new X-Jet appears just long enough to explode.

With Ultimates dumbed down, I want UXM to become the political sociological book of the UU. With race being talked about quite a lot today, the mutants should be doing the same.

One possible idea, open to be cannibalized, would be to have Xavier put his money with his mouth is...have him run for president. Ultimate Bush must be on his way out by now anyway. And Xavier doesn't have to win the election, but remember when the UU was topical?

Now is the time to introduce Ultimate Reagan!

They did screw up Apoc. He should have been a major arc that was built up too better. I would have liked to see Ult. Age of Apocolypse.

I'd like to see Ult Phoenix. (But not if it is done in the rushed & crappy way that Apocolypse was) Maybe Ultimate Brood or more on the Shi'ar (which I guess would be included in Phoenix).

I would also like to see more Shadow King. Yet another great villian that was seriously short changed.

This title has been too rushed and now they have used just about every character they have, and they did it poorly with most of them. This book started out so cool too.

I don't think Shadow King was short changed. He was defeated but he's not gone. He wasn't ready for what Storm threw at him. It was a good origin to a villain, IMO.

Mutant smuggling would be great! Just give me something! Have your Fox News analogue complaining about Mutant immigration! Mutant control laws (that whole bit about a mutant being stronger than a gun in the first X-Movie). SOMETHING!

I liked this book a great deal, I don't want it to die.

I don't think Shadow King was short changed. He was defeated but he's not gone. He wasn't ready for what Storm threw at him. It was a good origin to a villain, IMO.

Mutant smuggling would be great! Just give me something! Have your Fox News analogue complaining about Mutant immigration! Mutant control laws (that whole bit about a mutant being stronger than a gun in the first X-Movie). SOMETHING!

I liked this book a great deal, I don't want it to die.

Like I said a good way to introduce Silver Samurai is make him the head of a Yakuza gang that smuggles mutants out of East Asia and into America, that allows thew writers to introduce a bunch of East Asian characters from the 6616 universe.

A lot of you guys make some good points.

Silver Samurai doing a mutant smuggling ring could be very well done. And that could give us a chance to once again go international- see how mutants are seen around the world again, which we haven't seen since what, Millar?

But also, I'm very intrigued in the idea of Xavier running for President. That could be very cool.

But also, I'm very intrigued in the idea of Xavier running for President. That could be very cool.

It could lead into an interesting plot line about certain characters being conflicted with the idea (is Xavier using his powers to influence people to vote for him?) and possible revive the more ambiguous, gray-area Xavier we had in Millar's run. Now he's exactly like his 616 counterpart, so I'd like to see Xavier turn a little darker. A path to the White House is a great way of exploring Professor X.

I wonder what the public would do for a presidential candidate who was "dead" for a few months

Last edited:
I wonder what the public would do for a presidential candidate who was "dead" for a few months

I wonder what the public do if there was a PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE WHO WAS PSYCHIC! There's no way that would happen. I'd **** my pants if I found out a presidential candidate. Like, no way. No way!

I agree with Ice.

Xavier vs Creed.

Graydon Creed? Would they make him Sabretooth's son like in 616? That would make this Wolvie a grandpa. I say, since Kirkman's already introduced Wolverine as Cable, and Sabretooth as Wolverine's son, that he should just re-introduce Sabretooth as Genesis. Remember in the X-Men animated series from the '90s when Sabretooth was a 'good guy' for a while, while Xavier let him stay at the mansion? Yeah. Kirkman should just do that and make him into Ultimate Genesis. He's already introduced every X-Men character from the late Rob Liefeld / early Joe Mad era in the '90s into the Ultimate U, so how much more could it hurt the Ultimate U to bring in Ultimate Genesis (in the 616 universe, Genesis is Tyler Dayspring, Cable's son)?

After Kirkman's done, I guess they could start introducing new characters, Ultimate characters who aren't based on 616 characters. Like GELDOFF.

Graydon Creed? Would they make him Sabretooth's son like in 616? That would make this Wolvie a grandpa. I say, since Kirkman's already introduced Wolverine as Cable, and Sabretooth as Wolverine's son, that he should just re-introduce Sabretooth as Genesis. Remember in the X-Men animated series from the '90s when Sabretooth was a 'good guy' for a while, while Xavier let him stay at the mansion? Yeah. Kirkman should just do that and make him into Ultimate Genesis. He's already introduced every X-Men character from the late Rob Liefeld / early Joe Mad era in the '90s into the Ultimate U, so how much more could it hurt the Ultimate U to bring in Ultimate Genesis (in the 616 universe, Genesis is Tyler Dayspring, Cable's son)?

After Kirkman's done, I guess they could start introducing new characters, Ultimate characters who aren't based on 616 characters. Like GELDOFF.

It doesn't have to Creed per say.

It could another character who runs again Xavier. Cameron Hodge more or less serves the same function as creed, but with out the convoluted blood line. Hodge actually came before Creed.

They could introduce a new character to run against Xavier,. but that character would more or less be Hodge or creed with a different name.

When Kirkman leaves Ultimate X-Men, they should give the line to Loeb so he can start a new X-Men book starring an all-new cast that includes a new Wolverine and kid Hulk.

Zombipanda said:
Now is the time to introduce Ultimate Reagan!

Man.... Sometimes I forget how funny I am.

Last edited:
When Kirkman leaves Ultimate X-Men, they should give the line to Loeb so he can start a new X-Men book starring an all-new cast that includes a new Wolverine and kid Hulk.

Man.... Sometimes I forget how funny I am.

You really like resurrecting old threads, don't you? :wink:

Latest posts

Back