Avengers Invincible Iron Man discussion (Spoilers!)

Gemini

Taken from Newsarama.com

MattBrady said:
The question of what will fill Matt Fraction's writing schedule since The Order is ending with #10 has been answered. According to a new report on Marvel.com, Fraction, along with Salvador Larocca will helm a second, monthly Iron Man series,The Invincible Iron Man

Appropriately enough, the new series will launch in May (<i>Iron Man</i> hits theaters on May 2nd). The solicitation for the new debut issue reads:

THE INVINCIBLE IRON MAN #1
Written by MATT FRACTION
Pencils & 50/50 Cover by SALVADOR LARROCA
50/50 Cover by JOE QUESADA
A bold new ongoing series for the biggest hero of 2008!
IRON MAN! You know you love him! And as the summer's most anticipated movie boot-jets its way into theaters, here's the perfect jumping-on point for new readers and Iron Man fans alike!

Tony Stark – Iron Man, billionaire industrialist and director of S.H.I.E.L.D. – faces the most overwhelming challenge of his life. Ezekiel Stane, the son of Tony's late business rival and archenemy Obadiah, has set his sights, his genius and his considerable fortune on the task of destroying Tony Stark and Iron Man. What's worse, he's got Iron Man tech, and he's every bit Iron Man's equal and opposite…except younger, faster, smarter…and immeasurably evil.

Rising star writer Matt Fraction (IMMORTAL IRON FIST) and superstar artist Salvador Larroca (UNCANNY X-MEN) join forces to repulsor-ray your comic books to a cinder!
32 PGS./Rated T+ …$2.99

coming out just in time to capitalize on the new movie, as if we were'nt getting enough Iron Man anyhow, on the other hand I'm convinced that Fraction could write the hell out of this book.

should be pretty good

Re: Iron Man get's second ongoing

The way they're selling this I really hate it. This is just such a cliche sales pitches. The man that has no equal has just found his rival?

The only thing that makes we want to try it is that I really thought Immortal Iron Fist would suck, but Matt Fraction did a really good job with it. I mean if he can turn Iron Man into a bad ***, it's possible he can make this a hit, but that feels like a stretch.

Iron Man can't support two monthlies, not to mention he's one of the main characters in both Mighty Avengers and Captain America.

He's pretty much a main character everwhere.

He has random minis also.

I do really like what they are doing with his title now. It's really good.

I feel like this series is going to crash and burn in it's first arc. I mean if they had come up with a really original story idea for the first arc, I could see it getting enough of a following to give Fraction some time to flesh it out, but I really don't think many people are going to stick with this one.

Iron Man can't support two monthlies, not to mention he's one of the main characters in both Mighty Avengers and Captain America.
I disagree.

However, I also agree... insofar as I don't trust editorial enough to actually handle two Iron Man solo monthlies well.

Re: Iron Man gets second ongoing

If you had a really creative team behind it, it would work. Although this is true of pretty much any character.

Joe Quesada Variant

irnman.jpg

I ain't normally into the Quesada hating, but that looks rather crap.

I wouldn't say that it looks like crap, but I would say that Quesada's brand of art doesn't really lend itself well to his type of subject.

It's funny that while Wolverine has actually made less appearances than he used to, everyone else began to have more like he did.

At first I thought the title said "Iron Man gets sexy ongoing"

It's funny that while Wolverine has actually made less appearances than he used to, everyone else began to have more like he did.

Point...however, with Tony Stark it makes sense. He's the head of SHIELD and therefore is the "head" of the Avengers. It's not like Wolverine, who is just a guy.

Latest posts

Back