For anyone confused about UFF continuity issues...

I wish I would have posted a quote from the post I linked to.

I'm sure it was hilarious.
I'm sure it's still archived somewhere, maybe via Wayback Machine.

Also, ******* what a ****ing cop-out they've made about UFF continuity.

And I don't even normally care about continuity.

I hope nobody does anything about this problem. I hope they all ignore and forget it, or leave it there untouched as a monument to editorial incompetence.

Right now, "that never happened" is all the solution I need. I only really care about the Ultimate Fantastic Four, and this is a complete nullity in their timeline.

After someone "fixes" it, the mess might be tangled up with Ultimate Fantastic Four events in a way that could not be easily ignored. That would be bad in itself and it could lead to further "fixes" that could be even worse.

I hope nobody does anything about this problem. I hope they all ignore and forget it, or leave it there untouched as a monument to editorial incompetence.

Right now, "that never happened" is all the solution I need. I only really care about the Ultimate Fantastic Four, and this is a complete nullity in their timeline.

After someone "fixes" it, the mess might be tangled up with Ultimate Fantastic Four events in a way that could not be easily ignored. That would be bad in itself and it could lead to further "fixes" that could be even worse.
The entire Microsoft software development process in three paragraphs.

I think the "Ben punched a dinosaur" explanation works as well as anything ever will.

:roll:

And since I know we'll never see the UFF continuity issues addressed in the future, I see it as already having been ignored by the Marvel editors/writers.

Hell, Bendis is ignoring previously established stuff on a major level in Ultimate Origins (when exactly did Mags/Xavier find the Savage Land...how many times can it be settled...what was Quicksilver/Scarlet Witch's mother's name?).

The entire Microsoft software development process in three paragraphs.

:lol:

In my personal opinion, the FF appearances in USM Super Special shouldn't be considered canonical. (I know DIB disagrees) but the version of the FF that shows up in USMSS is the same version that shows up in UMTU (just more serious) and Spidey has clearly never met Torch before he starts going to his school in USM #68 (but he's read papers by Sue).

But if Reed moved to the Baxter Building when he was 11 and he was 21 when he became Mr Fantastic, that meas Peter Parker (who was 15 when he was bitten by the Spider) would have been 5 when Reed moved to the Baxter building. So the flashback/home video in the venom arc that mentions Reed Richards getting a cover story in Time (or whatever) fits. It even makes sense these two grown men with families are trying to cure cancer and they can't get funding, but some 11 year old punk is able to send toys to another dimension and all of a sudden he's a house hold name and has unlimited funding from the military?
Eddie Brock Sr comments that Richards is getting media coverage and attention, Richard Parker says "good for him"
then Eddie Sr comments that maybe they should try to get media coverage (the idea being it's working for this kid, maybe it's what we need!)

Besides the fact that Reed's age keeps changing, I think that about covers it

oh, except for the fact that when the Ultimates are forming, they make mention to the fact that the FF is already around and when the FF are forming, they make mention to the fact that the Ultimates are alread around...

darnit

In my personal opinion, the FF appearances in USM Super Special shouldn't be considered canonical. (I know DIB disagrees) but the version of the FF that shows up in USMSS is the same version that shows up in UMTU (just more serious) and Spidey has clearly never met Torch before he starts going to his school in USM #68 (but he's read papers by Sue).

But if Reed moved to the Baxter Building when he was 11 and he was 21 when he became Mr Fantastic, that meas Peter Parker (who was 15 when he was bitten by the Spider) would have been 5 when Reed moved to the Baxter building. So the flashback/home video in the venom arc that mentions Reed Richards getting a cover story in Time (or whatever) fits. It even makes sense these two grown men with families are trying to cure cancer and they can't get funding, but some 11 year old punk is able to send toys to another dimension and all of a sudden he's a house hold name and has unlimited funding from the military?
Eddie Brock Sr comments that Richards is getting media coverage and attention, Richard Parker says "good for him"
then Eddie Sr comments that maybe they should try to get media coverage (the idea being it's working for this kid, maybe it's what we need!)

Besides the fact that Reed's age keeps changing, I think that about covers it

oh, except for the fact that when the Ultimates are forming, they make mention to the fact that the FF is already around and when the FF are forming, they make mention to the fact that the Ultimates are alread around...

darnit

But...Ben punched the dinosaur.

Dude, dude, dude, DUDE!!!

I just got an idea for what Ultimatum should be that will reconcile all continuity glitches. The Fantastic Four from UMTU accidentally created a riff tearing the UU into two alternate versions, the one we know of as the main with a young FF and the other one with an older FF.

The other 9-verse (As I'll call it, representing UMTU #9) will contain all the stories and origins that ****ed up the time line like UIM. Now this reality shift is heading towards a self correction where either only on universe or none with survive. And during this countdown the reality shifts every so often giving us these inconsistencies that no one seems to notice, like Fury being from WWII and of course, everything in Ultimates 3. The closer we get to zero hour the more this happens.

Dr. Doom of course learned of this and needed to get out of the universe to make preparations. He eventually returns to the UU finding the environment too hazardous, he contacts Fury and tells him about the "dangers" of other universes posses and makes a deal to study them for him. He planned on some of the probes exploding for purpose of provoking an incident to make other universes travel here. Since there are many inconsistencies from travel to one verse than to another he need to learn all that he can. Since Ultimate Power Doom has been traveling through the multiverse in order to gain all that he needs for his end game.

In the end we will be left with one UU that has been semi rebooted to get rid of the utter crap that has plagued the pages. And hopeful enforce a consistent continuity and style on future writers.

What do you think?

I just got an idea for what Ultimatum should be that will reconcile all continuity glitches. The Fantastic Four from UMTU accidentally created a riff tearing the UU into two alternate versions, the one we know of as the main with a young FF and the other one with an older FF.

The other 9-verse (As I'll call it, representing UMTU #9) will contain all the stories and origins that ****ed up the time line like UIM. Now this reality shift is heading towards a self correction where either only on universe or none with survive. And during this countdown the reality shifts every so often giving us these inconsistencies that no one seems to notice, like Fury being from WWII and of course, everything in Ultimates 3. The closer we get to zero hour the more this happens.

Dr. Doom of course learned of this and needed to get out of the universe to make preparations. He eventually returns to the UU finding the environment too hazardous, he contacts Fury and tells him about the "dangers" of other universes posses and makes a deal to study them for him. He planned on some of the probes exploding for purpose of provoking an incident to make other universes travel here. Since there are many inconsistencies from travel to one verse than to another he need to learn all that he can. Since Ultimate Power Doom has been traveling through the multiverse in order to gain all that he needs for his end game.

In the end we will be left with one UU that has been semi rebooted to get rid of the utter crap that has plagued the pages. And hopeful enforce a consistent continuity and style on future writers.

What do you think?

Work the dinosaur punch in and you might be on to something.

What do you think?

Ultimatum=Ultimate Crisis

I can't believe I ever cared about this.

Latest posts

Back