Ultimate X-Men #92 cover (spoilers)

Good call Goodwill:

Xavier in a Stark-tech suit from the future that uses powerful magnetic fields to enhance Xavier's physical capabilities. It is called the Onslaught Armor.

The other one is Cable from the future--making the 616 Stryfe-style armor create a little nod to the Cable/Stryfe tie-in from 616 without making a very big deal out of the whole thing.

Maybe that will be the issue where these two mysterious bad-*** Iron Men show up and start kicking *** and taking names.

I actually think that would be pretty cool.

Last edited:
Good call Goodwill:

Xavier in a Stark-tech suit from the future that uses powerful magnetic fields to enhance Xavier's physical capabilities. It is called the Onslaught Armor.

The other one is Cable from the future--making the 616 Stryfe-style armor create a little nod to the Cable/Stryfe tie-in from 616 without making a very big deal out of the whole thing.

Maybe that will be the issue where these two mysterious bad-*** Iron Men show up and start kicking *** and taking names.

Can we hope Kirkman was anywhere near this clever? I really like this idea and I think it is a GREAT way to "ultimatize" these characters without being just as contived and convoluted as the originals. Here's to hoping.

Good call Goodwill:

That's exactly what I told Gemini that would the a bad idea yet for this.

Last edited:
That's exactly what I told Gemini that would the a bad idea yet for this.

The Onslaught armor idea is better than having a physical manifestation of emotion.

I wasn't talking about the armor, I meant Xavier being in it.

Mmm...I dunno. It makes sense in that description.

It's not like having Aunt May in old Iron Man armor storming Latveria.

I'm just thinking since Xavier did something wrong in the future before, he'd better have a good defense to prevent his death. Thus, he's in the Onslaught Armor. I think that's a real good idea. Nice work, team.

I've thought about it, and I don't think it's bad anymore (of Xavier and Cable). I actually did think about that same thought last night and told Gemini on MSN. It does make sense.

I'm definitely against the idea of the original concept of Onslaught. But, he certainly can be an interesting character if dealt with correctly. He should still be Magneto or Xavier, however.

Everything in the UU has been rushed - Cable, Galactus, etc. I'm at the point of indifference when it comes to putting characters in now. It doesn't matter. It's like there is no thought put into all of these ulimizations as a whole.

Latest posts

Back