Wolverine & X-Men: Now Manganized!

I was wondering the same thing.

Isn't this what the unfortunately-named Tsunami line was all about? And wasn't it generally a pretty big failure?
The Tsunami line was Marvel trying to get interest in manga readers with manga-style comics. This is not that. This is Marvel characters done in actual manga by manga writers/artists. Both different things.

Last edited:

Isn't this what the unfortunately-named Tsunami line was all about? And wasn't it generally a pretty big failure?

We got Runaways out of it though, and almost Sentinel but the continuation apparently wasn't very interesting.

Tsunami failed because:

a) they were basically making manga that wasn't manga in storytelling, only manga in look

b) manga fans sensed this and couldn't care for the manga-nized titles

c) conventional Marvel fans had little interest in reading their favorite characters in manga-nized artwork.

Manga is not just a certain kind of art style. It's a completely different approach to storytelling.

All Marvel did with Tsunami was market superheroes to manga fans who weren't interested and market manga to superhero fans who weren't interested... all while failing to tap into what makes manga fans like manga in the first place.

Those writers it lists aren't even manga writers. I don't see how this is any different to the Marvel Mangaverse. :?

And the artist for the Wolverine one drew Tomb Raider and stuff! This is a scam!

Last edited:
So this isn't a manga based on "Wolverine & the X-Men" ? :cry:

So now that the Wolverine manga is out has anyone read it yet? I was thinking of tracking it down but if its crap I won't bother.

Latest posts

Back