Ultimate Marvel Timeline / Chronology (v. 4.0)

Ummm...no offense, but why is this time line stickied when the 3.0 time line seems to be updated more often?

Ummm...no offense, but why is this time line stickied when the 3.0 time line seems to be updated more often?

DiB didn't want to do it anymore, so I took over, but have been too poor lately to update it regularly. Plus it's going to look really different when I'm done with it, I just have to reread all the Ultimate books before I change anything, and it's pretty slow going.

Actually, all I have left to read is UXM 26-current, Ultimate War, Galactus, Six, USM 14-current.

I haven't forgotten.

DiB didn't want to do it anymore, so I took over, but have been too poor lately to update it regularly. Plus it's going to look really different when I'm done with it, I just have to reread all the Ultimate books before I change anything, and it's pretty slow going.

Actually, all I have left to read is UXM 26-current, Ultimate War, Galactus, Six, USM 14-current.

I haven't forgotten.

Exactly.

I basically got so fed up with the Ultimate continuity goof-ups I gave up. Ultimate Power really brought that all to a head. I've just been keeping the old one updated with the new releases for Joe, so he can use it as a reference with the new version he's working on.

So, like I said in the other thread, I should be finished with this by the end of March (finally).

In the meantime, I put in a link to DIrishB's timeline, since he's updating it and mine's going to look way different anyway. I also added a list of Ultimate writers and their work. I didn't include Supremeverse of Zombieverse stuff because it won't be in my timeline, at least not right away.

It's been two months since I posted in this thread so I thought I'd give you guys an idea of what I've been doing. Here's a sample of what this is going to look like. I haven't written any of this yet, so it's just an example.

May 2 - Captain America lost at sea in a battle with Nazis in Norway. (Ultimates 1. The date May 2nd is given in Ultimate Avengers: The Movie, which is non-canonical and could be contradicted in the comics.)

March - Peter Parker bitten by Oz-infected spider, given spider powers. Norman Osborn injects himself with Oz-serum to become the Green Goblin. In a lab explosion, OzCorp scientist Otto Octavius has his mechanical arms grafted to his skin. Ben Parker is murdered by a burglar. Spider-Man and Green Goblin fight for the first time. (Ultimate Spider-Man 1-7, Ultimate Spider-Man 14, Peter mentions he's been Spider-Man for "three months" in Ultimate Spider-Man 21, and in Ultimate Spider-Man 46, which takes place concurrently with Ultimate Spider-Man 21 it is mentioned to be June.)

An * means that the date is sliding, so next year it will be a year later, and so on. Any date without a * is set.

Anyway, so that's basically an idea of what it's going to look like. I'm not finished with the "research" and haven't started writing it yet.

Last edited:
I'd be careful depending on the months mentioned in USM. I originally had planned to map it out by months early in the timeline's existence, but Bendis doesn't really follow any sort of real-time flow in terms of the occasional firm date reference. Specific years mentioned in the series have placed it in 2001 (the security camera's from Wilson Fisk's penthouse, in the second arc), and I remember a 2005 dating on a message board (forget the arc). Point being, it might be better to just focus on the year and order the stories based on events in those stories and their relation to each other. As far as we know, still less than one year has passed in the USM ongoing (despite moreso passing in The Ultimates, though the way the stories relate to each other making them concurrent makes this a bit of a timeline fiasco in itself).

However, looks good, and I'm looking forward to the expanded results!

Last edited:
I'd be careful depending on the months mentioned in USM. I originally had planned to map it out by months early in the timeline's existence, but Bendis doesn't really follow any sort of real-time flow in terms of the occasional firm date reference. Specific years mentioned in the series have placed it in 2001 (the security camera's from Wilson Fisk's penthouse, in the second arc), and I remember a 2005 dating on a message board (forget the arc). Point being, it might be better to just focus on the year and order the stories based on events in those stories and their relation to each other. As far as we know, still less than one year has passed in the USM ongoing (despite moreso passing in The Ultimates, though the way the stories relate to each other making them concurrent makes this a bit of a timeline fiasco in itself).

However, looks good, and I'm looking forward to the expanded results!

I'll just ignore the year references because those are just to make the book "contemporary" with the time it's published, basically just a substitute for "today," but the months should still be fairly good. And from what I can tell, USM and UXM match up pretty decent as so long as Millar is on UXM.

And I don't care what anyone says, the Ultimates books do not have year or two long gaps between them. They just don't.

I'll just ignore the year references because those are just to make the book "contemporary" with the time it's published, basically just a substitute for "today," but the months should still be fairly good. And from what I can tell, USM and UXM match up pretty decent as so long as Millar is on UXM.

Eh...not really. You'll see. Trust me, man, I've been there.

And I don't care what anyone says, the Ultimates books do not have year or two long gaps between them. They just don't.

[Bad Fake Brooklyn Accent]De Nile ain't only a rivah in Africa![/Bad Fake Brooklyn Accent]

I'm willing to accept that Ultimates 3 doesn't take place two years after Ultimates 2, but Ultimates 2 definitly takes place something close to a year after Ultimates 1. However, since Ultimates 1 and 2 respectively cover multiple months at least (mainly in the first arcs of the series...the second arcs usually take place over the course of a day or two), its feasible to consider that Ultimates 1 starts (for instance) in February of Year 1, and lasts until say...April, May, heck, even June or July. So say Ultimates 2 picks up around 6 months after (January or February, Year 2) and last several months itself (which it obviously does based on the various time jumps in the series). I think this approach kind of solves that problem.

I'm willing to accept that Ultimates 3 doesn't take place two years after Ultimates 2, but Ultimates 2 definitly takes place something close to a year after Ultimates 1. However, since Ultimates 1 and 2 respectively cover multiple months at least (mainly in the first arcs of the series...the second arcs usually take place over the course of a day or two), its feasible to consider that Ultimates 1 starts (for instance) in February of Year 1, and lasts until say...April, May, heck, even June or July. So say Ultimates 2 picks up around 6 months after (January or February, Year 2) and last several months itself (which it obviously does based on the various time jumps in the series). I think this approach kind of solves that problem.

I'm not sure what you said, but I'm just going to read the One Year Later in Ultimates 2 1 as one year after Ultimates 1. So Ultimates is in year one (2007) and Ultimates 2 is in year two (2008 ). And Ultimates 3 also takes place in 2008.

Last edited:
Hey! Your timeline looks great! I just have one suggestion. You have the USM video game inbetween Cat Fight and Hollywood arcs. Though I don't see how this is possible since MJ is grounded so she really can't leave her house. So she can't meet Peter at the warehouse or ask him to go to the movies, or sit on his roof or anything! Just wanted to let you know.

Hey! Your timeline looks great! I just have one suggestion. You have the USM video game inbetween Cat Fight and Hollywood arcs. Though I don't see how this is possible since MJ is grounded so she really can't leave her house. So she can't meet Peter at the warehouse or ask him to go to the movies, or sit on his roof or anything! Just wanted to let you know.

You've never sneaked out before?

Oh yeah, 'cause you know, it is so un-noticable that when you are suppose to come home and go to your room staight away you just don't show up. Expecially when you have an ***hole of a father.

Unless they work... then I could see it.

Latest posts

Back