Avengers Thor (Aaron/Dauterman) Spoilers

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
Female Thor is back in town, but an all-new one.

BREAKING: MARVEL DEBUTS FEMALE THOR ON "THE VIEW"

Marvel has since revealed that the new "Thor" #1 will debut in October, from the creative team of Jason Aaron and Russell Dauterman.

This October, Marvel Comics evolves once again in one of the most shocking and exciting changes ever to shake one of Marvel's "big three" – Captain American, Iron Man and Thor – Marvel Comics will be introducing an all-new THOR, GOD OF THUNDER. No longer is the classic male hero able to hold the mighty hammer, Mjölnir, a brand new female hero will emerge will who will be worthy of the name THOR. Who is she? Where did she come from and what is her connection to Asgard and the Marvel Universe?

Thor-Design-a0126.jpg

They said it's definitely not Angela?

Proj might be on to something with the granddaughters of Thor as well.

They've said it's someone else new entirely. The granddaughter theory is going around and is plausible as they are new characters.

Jason Aaron Explains "Thor's" New, Female God of Thunder

CBR News: Jason, the big news is that a new volume of "Thor" launches in October and its protagonist is female. I understand you have to be wary of spoilers here, but what can you tell us about the new title character? Has Thor been transformed? Or has another character received Thor's powers?

Jason Aaron: The latter. This is not the Thor we knew transformed into a woman. This is a new character; someone else picking up the hammer. I knew when I took over Thor that at some point I wanted to do a Beta Ray Bill-style story about somebody else wielding the hammer for awhile. It took me awhile to figure out what kind of story that should be and who the character should be.

When you look back over the history of Thor comics, a lot of different people have picked up the hammer at one point or another and hardly any of them female. The only women to wield the hammer are in brief moments here and there, or "What If?" stories, or future stories and stuff like that. So we've never seen a big story about a woman picking up the hammer and if you look at the inscription on the hammer it even says, "Whosoever holds this hammer, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of Thor." I'm going to flip that on its ear and for the first time see what it's like to have a brand new version of Thor who is female; the Goddess of Thunder.

Is this new Thor a character we've met already? Or is she a character we'll meet very soon?

When I say new character I mean a new version of Thor. Who the person is behind the mask will be a big question mark. The Thor we know will not know the answer to that question. Odin won't know the answer to that. No one will know who this new Thor is.

Last edited:
They've said it's someone else new entirely.

When I say new character I mean a new version of Thor. Who the person is behind the mask will be a big question mark. The Thor we know will not know the answer to that question. Odin won't know the answer to that. No one will know who this new Thor is.[/I]

It sounds like Angela could definitely be a possibility.

Me either. It makes a lot of sense if you think about it given how they've been using her, especially in the last couple weeks or so.

Which is what makes me think it's not Angela.

It was said by Newsarama's report with a quote by Alex Alonso that it's someone close to Thor.

It was said by Newsarama's report with a quote by Alex Alonso that it's someone close to Thor.

Since it's clearly not Angela who could be closer than his daughter from the future?

I wouldn't say it means absolutely nothing. The two that have become before weren't really nothing. Everyone featured means they're getting big stories coming up and if Angela, let's say, was to become the new Thor, she'd either be on there without the other person in Thor gear, or just the new Thor.

I wouldn't say it means absolutely nothing. The two that have become before weren't really nothing. Everyone featured means they're getting big stories coming up and if Angela, let's say, was to become the new Thor, she'd either be on there without the other person in Thor gear, or just the new Thor.

Or time travel. The new female Thor is future Angela!

I really do not care for the new logo. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but bleh.

Thor-1-Ribic-Design-Variant-5b55b-8c30a.jpg

Latest posts

Back