Marvel Cinematic Universe - Timeline

Also, today's the big day in terms of MCU news. They'll be hosting the Marvel movie panels, and specifically offering views of Thor The Dark World, possibly some Captain America The Winter Soldier footage, and maybe, just maybe a bit of footage from Guardians of the Galaxy (but it did only just start filming so maybe not). We should also hopefully get some casting info regarding Ant-Man, and maybe find out who will play Scarlet Witch in Avengers 2. We might also get the info related to Vin Diesel's recent meeting with Marvel Studios and who he may be playing (rumors are saying Vision in Avengers 2), but he also stated that would be revealed toward the end of the month so possibly not.

And of course, we'll hopefully get confirmation that Dr. Strange and Black Panther are indeed the films scheduled for 2016, and possibly confirmation of a film for 2017 and what it'll be.

Been looking forward to today since, well, last years major comic con announcement.

From the SDCC Riddick Panel

When Diesel asked for one final question during the Riddick panel, a fan stepped up to the microphone and said, "It seems like every movie you're in, you become the face of that franchise, so I'm wondering, I guess the word is Vision? What's your Vision of the upcoming Marvel movies?"

Diesel laughed, "Why did I have to go ahead and say, 'Ask the question'? He asked the one question I'm not allowed to say anything about. Well, I will say there is some very big news coming at the end of this month."

As the audience cheered, Diesel added, "Poor Marvel."

The Marvel Studios panel will run from 6-7pm PST, meaning we'll start hearing reports in the next 6-8 hours about what's revealed.

While the focus will obviously be on Thor - The Dark World and Captain America - Winter Soldier, I'm sure we'll get updates/news on Guardians of the Galaxy, Ant-Man, and Avengers 2. And very possibly we'll get confirmation on Dr. Strange and Black Panther, and maybe an idea of that third upcoming MCU film down the pipeline (scheduled for 2017 I believe).

We may even get casting info on Ant-Man, since that starts shooting in a few months (the Ant-Man actor could very likely be the best kept secret by Marvel), and maybe even on who will play the roles of Strange and Panther, though since those are still 3 years off I'd expect those not to be cast yet.

tumblr_mq9lac83EB1qif38oo1_500.jpg

That is all.

:D

Last edited:
Also, I'm wondering when Comic Con is going to change its name, because its definitely now way less about comic books than it is about comic book movies. Comic Movie Con can totally stand on its own, no?

But I guess that's the real money maker. Until the next comic crossover event brings in half a billion dollars, I suppose the movies spun off from those comic events are going to remain as the real show horse.

And I'm fine with that, honestly.

Safe to assume Hank Pym and Vision will be a part of this movie in some form? Possibly even Janet?

I mean if Scarlet Witch will be in it, then they can start sewing the love connection.

I would hope so.

But just remember, it's always a possibility they won't hold to the origin story of the comics and alter it, meaning its possible Pym may not be the creator of Ultron in the MCU.

I doubt that, though.

Also, Edgar Wright recently said he'd had lunch with Whedon to compare notes on the scripts for Avengers 2 and Ant-Man, to make sure it all lines up. That indicates to me that Ant-Man will play at least some role in Avengers 2.

So if Whedon's claim of Pym not being in Avengers 2 is to be believed (it could be misdirection), I'm wondering if Tony isn't the one who creates Ultron.

Possibly as an attempt to create Mandroids for SHIELD, or to upgrade his remaining suits (after the events of Iron Man 3) to operate on a more advanced AI. Perhaps an AI created by Hank Pym, who may not appear, but is mentioned in passing as the creator of the AI. Perhaps that AI is corrupted or hacked by an outside force which turns it into Ultron, who then learns and gains knowledge at an immeasurable rate by tapping into Internet, etc, and comes to the conclusion all the world's problems are due to man. Hence, to solve the world's problems, humanity must be exterminated. And the showdown begins.

I read a description of the Avengers 2 presentation that said the Iron Man helmet morphed into the Ultron helmet...which would make sense if Iron Man is actually the creator.

I read a description of the Avengers 2 presentation that said the Iron Man helmet morphed into the Ultron helmet...which would make sense if Iron Man is actually the creator.

Yup, that's what motivated my previous post. Makes a certain amount of sense, I suppose, given the ending of Iron Man 3 and Tony having the arc reactor removed. Without that perhaps he doesn't have a way of powering a wearable Iron Man suit, so is exploring AI drone like Iron Man armors that each have miniature arc reactors installed within. I'm sure if thats the case that's only a temporary thing since I'm sure we'll see Tony in armor in Avengers 2 and 3.

Course I'm just throwing guesses out there anyway.

Or maybe they'll use the idea from the first arc of Might Avengers and have Ultron take over Tony Stark's body after he uses Extremis to make Iron Man part of himself.

But I hope not.

I like the theory that Jarvis becomes Ultron. It would give Paul Bettany something to do.

I'm guessing that if Coulson is a life-model decoy, he might become Ultron. Jarvis becoming Ultron also works, but its probably more likely to be a new character with a new actor.

I'm guessing that if Coulson is a life-model decoy, he might become Ultron. Jarvis becoming Ultron also works, but its probably more likely to be a new character with a new actor.

I read how they bring Coulson back from the dead in the pilot description from Comic-Con, that's not how he comes back.

Latest posts

Back