Marvel: Your Universe Thread

Hey, I just read issue #1 of the new Daredevil. He made every one forget who he was... This seems very much like OMD. Have they revealed what he did?
Have you checked for the answer in #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 or #7? #8 is also out this week... :wink: :p

To answer your question though:
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................No.
:shock:

Yes, in Spider-Woman: Origin by Bendis, Reed and the Luna brothers.

As for the father of her baby? Not sure. Playing catchup on that series. She has the baby by issue 7 I think.

Yeah, the stupid voice to text on my tablet sausages

Have you checked for the answer in #2, #3, #4, #5, #6 or #7? #8 is also out this week... :wink: :p

To answer your question though:
...................................................................................................................................................................................................................No.
:shock:

Ice is feeling snarky today!:p

I read it in the marvel unlimited app, #1 just came out. And it didn't really impress me. Maybe I'm wrong, since I haven't read the rest of them, but it seems like Waid wrote himself into a corner and they has to reset it so they could continue. Which is frustrating, but I get it. If they want to put the genie back in the bottle, fine, just acknowledge it and move on, but don't draw it out like it's some big interesting plot point.

Last edited:
Iit seems like Waid wrote himself into a corner and they has to reset it so they could continue.

I thought everyone forgot due to the effects of Secret War...?

If that's the case then I would think that since they know that is coming up they basically let the writer do whatever they want.

Bendis was the one who outed Matt, Waid swept it under and rerevealed it.

alex-ross-Generations-embed.jpg

"Please, let it not be another Civil War!" - The Internet.

Looks like a cool idea maybe, depending on what they do with it. I think They should have put Mar-Vell, Carol Danvers, and Kamala Kahn in one row instead of having Carol on there twice. And I'm not sure Jean and young Jean count as generations...

Last edited:
This looks like Marvel trying to Rebirth. I know it's been said they realized the political stuff is why they're failing and they're planning a big relaunch pulling in old talent

Last edited:
I guess I kind of get it. People read comics to get away from that stuff.

But it's kind of naive to pretend that it doesn't exist.

I just read Planet Hulk for the first time (it was on the Amazon Kindle store for $2.99). It's a pretty good story, and World War Hulk is a good follow-up, but it kind of just goes out with a whimper. World War Hulk should have been a huge event that had major repercussions on the entire Marvel line, but it kind of gets swept under the rug in favour of Secret Invasion (which really sucked). The only fallout from WWH that I remember is that Dr. Strange has to give up being sorcerer supreme for a while because he channeled Zom. I don't think anything else came of it. They could have skipped Secret Invasion altogether and just had major fallout from the fact that NYC was destroyed due to the failures of the Illuminati. That could have then led to the Dark Reign stories. But it didn't. Sigh.

Bendis signed an exclusive contract with DC and is leaving Marvel. I wonder who is going to write Miles now? I'd be happy with Mark Waid, he was doing a good job on All New All Different Avengers (though I haven't read any of the Champions stuff). But there's been some push to get a person of colour to write Miles' Spidey book. I think that would be great. I just want them to get a good writer on the book regardless of race or gender.

Latest posts

Back