E3 2007

Goodwill

This year's E3 should bring many interesting (as well as disappointing) news stories...

From what I've heard, Nintendo is supposed to give released dates for Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime, as well as reveal that they will be releasing a harddrive for the Wii. Hopefully, they'll have more on Smash Bros. and other titles that aren't just ports and stuff... Here's hoping.

Also, GTA IV is rumored to be delayed due to it's nearness to the Halo 3 release. That'll be touched on at E3, too...

I thought they canceled E3.

yeah it's also not open to the public or anyone who a site they have to be sites like ign or magazines. Should be cool I loved seeing all the games announced at e3

This year's E3 should bring many interesting (as well as disappointing) news stories...

From what I've heard, Nintendo is supposed to give released dates for Mario Galaxy, and Metroid Prime, as well as reveal that they will be releasing a harddrive for the Wii. Hopefully, they'll have more on Smash Bros. and other titles that aren't just ports and stuff... Here's hoping.

Also, GTA IV is rumored to be delayed due to it's nearness to the Halo 3 release. That'll be touched on at E3, too...

I've heard they're going to announce the release date for Smash Bros. too. And Metroid's release date has already been announced. August 21st, I believe. Galaxy is rumored to be in October and SSBB in November. And the GTA IV delay rumor was debunked. I mean, honestly, why would Grand Theft Auto, a huge mega franchise, be pushed back for ANY game?

It's a new one, different place and everything

I wouldn't call it "new", per se. Just restructured. It's more of a series of press conferences for the press and industry insiders rather than the big media extravaganza it was in previous years. It should still have some good stuff.

why would Grand Theft Auto, a huge mega franchise, be pushed back for ANY game?

If there is a delay it's most likely due to a restructuring of the company due to the new CEO coming in or something along those lines.

If there is a delay it's most likely due to a restructuring of the company due to the new CEO coming in or something along those lines.

Possibly, but I doubt it. GTA IV was onlyh supposed to be delayed two weeks if it were going to be delayed at all.

Possibly, but I doubt it. GTA IV was onlyh supposed to be delayed two weeks if it were going to be delayed at all.

I'm with you on that one.

All this talk of the "new" E3 is a little weird considering how many people get most of the information via internet anyway. Unless you go every year I don't think it will be much different other than size.

I'm hoping for some Killzone 2 info.

Yeah, if GTA4 is delayed for any reason I doubt it has anything to do with any game.

GTA4 eats Halo 3 for breakfast and poops it out.

Yeah, if GTA4 is delayed for any reason I doubt it has anything to do with any game.

oh noes!!! the beta was awesome. i wish they called the atv a puma.

GTA4 > Halo 3.

We all know the humans are the Forerunners, we know the Covies will see the error of their ways, and we'll have a meh ending.

The gameplay will be a slightly altered Halo 2 with better graphics and a few new guns.

GTA4 shall own all your gaming hours this year.

It would be better business if they were space out... Halo 3 and GTA IV going toe to toe in sales would only mean that both would suffer, really. If they stood by themselves, maybe a couple weeks apart, each game could stand by itself and perform as it should be.

Personally? I don't see the hype behind Halo, so I'd definitely jump onto the GTA bandwagon.

Yeah, I can't wait to see what Nintendo is going to reveal. The games that have come out on the Wii so far haven't impressed me all that much, asied from Twilight Princess, so it'll certainly be interesting to see what they've got in the development. With the innovations with the controller and all, I don't see how they could make anything uninteresting to show off. We'll see.

Agreed 100%

What and where is E3?

Electronics Expo...it's where publishers and manufacturers debut new electronics, games, etc.

It's impossible to get into, so you have to rely on reports from websites and magazines.

It would be better business if they were space out... Halo 3 and GTA IV going toe to toe in sales would only mean that both would suffer, really. If they stood by themselves, maybe a couple weeks apart, each game could stand by itself and perform as it should be.

I'm sure some people won't be able to buy both right away but the fan base and hype for each game is pretty high. I think fans of both will buy whatever one they prefer first and the other one soon after.

Electronics Expo...it's where publishers and manufacturers debut new electronics, games, etc.

i shall be the master of nit-pickery and go ahead and say that it's actually the electronic entertainment expo... hence the three tacked onto the end.

or mayhap it stands for something more... sinister...

i'm hyper-excited for some of the stuff that will more likely than not be there- especially the new splinter cell (in which they are completely revamping the core gameplay dynamic, so don't think i'm just getting excited for sneakin'-round-in-the-dark part twelve) and bioshock, which is exciting enough on it's own, but it's also the spiritual successor to system shock II (and if you know what that means you understand why i'm having such a huge geekgasm over it).

i shall be the master of nit-pickery and go ahead and say that it's actually the electronic entertainment expo... hence the three tacked onto the end.

Right - I meant that it was an electronics expo (didn't mean to capitalize "expo") and couldn't remember the exact name.

I'm sure some people won't be able to buy both right away but the fan base and hype for each game is pretty high. I think fans of both will buy whatever one they prefer first and the other one soon after.

Just saying you can't underestimate the size of a gamer's wallet. That is for damn sure when they've priced the next gen consoles the way they have. Aside from the Wii, those things are like buying inexpensive (or les expensive) computers.

Just saying you can't underestimate the size of a gamer's wallet. That is for damn sure when they've priced the next gen consoles the way they have. Aside from the Wii, those things are like buying inexpensive (or les expensive) computers.

Plus people might just save up for both. I mean they don't come out for ages

Latest posts

Back