Ultimate X-Men #82... SPOILERS!

Re: Popcultureshock.com's Preview of Ultimate X-Men #82

fyi the image script has been wonky for me today, opening next pages in new windows -- to prevent this you can click on the "click for next page" text link underneath the image

fyi the image script has been wonky for me today, opening next pages in new windows -- to prevent this you can click on the "click for next page" text link underneath the image

Same here, I think it's just the site.

This Wednesday, Ultimates 2 will end. This Wednesday, UXM will officially become the best Ultimate title.

I can't wait for this issue.

Ah, the perks of a subscription...

In the beginning of the issue, we're introduced to some of the Morlocks. Nightcrawler is offered to Callisto by Leech, who explains how the underground society works. Their power is derived from a mutant girl named Sparks and they use hydroponics to grow what nutrients they need to thrive. In order for Nightcrawler to join the Morlocks, however, he must prove himself... Callisto at first attacks him, but tags out so that Ultimate Caliban can face him. The battle reveals that Caliban can "hulk out" and become much strong physically when he is angry. The Morlock leader, Sunder, eventually breaks up the fight, allowing Nightcrawler to join. A figure moves in and out of the shadows long enough to be noticed before the scene changes...

The next scene reveals that that mystery person at the end was Toad, who turned Scott and Jean on to the Morlocks. It is Scott's intention to recruit the Morlocks to beef up their school roster. He and Jean argue over trusting Toad and turning Xavier's mansion into a legitimate school. They also acknowledge the Sentinels, too. They are rumored to be around again, although not everyone (including Fury) is aware.

Then, we find Pyro taking down a Sentinel with the help of Storm and Bishop, who have come to recruit him on to their team. Pyro obliges, saying that he was waiting for an opportunity to join the X-Men.

After that, Sunder is walking Nightcrawler to what looks like the barracks. Along the way, Sunder explains that the Morlocks, also referred to as the Army of the Underneath, are preparing for war and that Nightcrawler should be vigilant if anything were to happen. Sunder than asks Nightcrawler his story and why he was turned on to the Morlocks for some help. In the midst of Nightcrawler's story, Toad barges in and explains to Sunder that the Xavier's institute is open to those Morlocks who would not like to live in solitude any more. Sunder becomes enraged and clumps Nightcrawler and Toad into the "pet mutant" crowd that resides on the surface, more specifically the X-Men.

Scott becomes worried that he sent Toad into a trap and wants to retrieve him from the lion's den, so he rounds up all of his troops.

At the end Pyro, Storm, and Bishop arrive at their new base of operations - the future. They are located in a warehouse in Sydney, Australia. Bishop orders Pyro to stay put while Storm and Bishop go and recruit another member. Bishop explains to Storm that, although his future was altered now that Xavier was killed, he knows about some of the legendary mutants that, if not brought into the action by him, may never become legends. He finds the person he's looking for, the legend... DAZZLER.

Aside from the art, it was excellent. 4/5.

At the end Pyro, Storm, and Bishop arrive at their new base of operations - the future. They are located in a warehouse in Sydney, Australia. Bishop orders Pyro to stay put while Storm and Bishop go and recruit another member. Bishop explains to Storm that, although his future was altered now that Xavier was killed, he knows about some of the legendary mutants that, if not brought into the action by him, may never become legends. He finds the person he's looking for, the legend... DAZZLER.

Future Dazzler or present Dazzler? If it's the former, what does she look like?

explanaition please ???

Don't ask please.... Ice has an obsession with Australia. He even tryed to pretend to have an Australian accent and typed it in. Like "Ehelo mates, mees and the othors are ganna put the shrip on the barbie. Youals are invited..... mates." Now we're going to, have to deal with that all over again...

But anyways I looking forward to this issue.

Last edited:
Hey, remember five issues ago when Cable destroyed Bishop's chronal displacer, thus trapping him in the present?

Future base? Trapped in the present? A little contradictory there. Slightly.

*raises fist*
KIRK-MAN!!

Storm and Bishop are recruiting from the present, so there are no alternative characters... Which is most likely the best thing. There would be way too much confusion in terms of who is who/who is where and from what time, you know? Unless it was something like Grizzly being a student and knowing his future counterpart being a part of Cable's team, I don't want to see two versions of characters.

The Opera House in the future is submerged in water, by the way... An indication of the condition of Bishop's future.

I thought Bishop's time travel devise was only temporarily down... So I didn't notice that gapin hole... Oh well.

Also, am I missing something about Toad? How'd he get free from the Trisk and in the good graces of the Morlocks and Scott?

That is true, though. I'd take time travelling over clones or stupid sorcery any day.

UXM is already IMO the best Ultimate title, Ultimates 2 is ****ed with all the delays.

Also, i think it makes more sense the morlocks living in the underground with all that stuff then to live in a pile of ****.

Don't ask please.... Ice has an obsession with Australia. He even tryed to pretend to have an Australian accent and typed it in. Like "Ehelo mates, mees and the othors are ganna put the shrip on the barbie. Youals are invited..... mates." Now we're going to, have to deal with that all over again...

But anyways I looking forward to this issue.

You are the weirdest person I've never met.

Latest posts

Back