Dreamcasting #6 - NEXTWAVE!

Victor Von Doom

Fist of teh Internets.
HA! That got your attention didn't it?

Well you didn't read wrong. That's right my Doomites....it's time to cast the way most excellent NEXTWAVE for the big screen.

Here's teh rules:

1) The winner of the last round (THAT'S ME! :D) becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After two weeks, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round. And so the circle continues...when I last left you I was but the learner....now I am the master.

The property for this round is:

NEXTWAVE​

You must cast:

Monica Rambeau - Leader or the Ragtag Bunch

Tabby Smith - Former X-girl and vapid blonde

Aaron Stack - Awesome robot extraordinaire and hater of the fleshy ones

Elsa Bloodstone - Queen of Kick *** and Future Ex-Wife

The Captain - He's not really the captain of anything

Gen. Dirk Anger - Leader of H.A.T.E. and closet zombie cross dresser

Also....extra credit goes to casting a band to do their version of the Nextwave theme song for the explosivo opening credits.

For reference on NEXTWAVE.

Round begins at April 28, 7AM (Central). Round ends at May 5, 7AM (Central). I am giving it only a week for now. Based on the level of participation in the last round, I think it's unfair for those who want to keep playing to wait almost 2 weeks to see if someone might post something. Now if participation for this round is up...and it looks as if we'll need to extend the deadline....then we'll do so.

I've not read Nextwave but I'll give it a try

Nextwave

Monica Rambeau – Kate Beckinsale

Tabby Smith – Laura Prepon

Aaron Stack – Kerr Smith

Elsa Bloodstone – Milla Jovovich

The Captain – Neil Flynn

Gen. Dirk Anger – Bruce Campbell

Most of theses I picked beacuse I thought they kind of looked like them but more importantly have played characters with similar personalities in the past (might be wrong but reading the personality descriptions from different sites instantly most of theses popped in my head)

SSJMole said:
Monica Rambeau – Kate Beckinsale
I haven't read all that much of Nextwave either --- okay, TWO issues --- but isn't Monica Rambeau BLACK?

On the other hand, I have nothing against making her white for a movie adaptation.

I haven't read all that much of Nextwave either --- okay, TWO issues --- but isn't Monica Rambeau BLACK?

On the other hand, I have nothing against making her white for a movie adaptation.

I never read it and this may sound raciest (do not mean it to be) but i never thought she was black. I looked at her and thought tanned.

So maybe a bad choice but I think from what I read she could do the role great and that's cool. Like i loved daredevil kingpin and he was a different colour to comic

Photon.jpg

Monica Rambeau. White Chick with a Tan.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who can't see the picture?

ok she's black.

Well I made white for movie purposes

If Jamie Pressly was about ten years younger, I think she'd be the perfect choice for Tabby... But alas, what can you do?

nextwavejb6.jpg

Lathan, Tisdale, Eckhart, Piper, Olyphant, Campbell

By Doc Comic
No stealing my hard Photoshop work

Monica Rambeau - Sanaa Lathan - You need a leading actress for the leader of the team, but (good) African-American leading actresses are hard to come by. Ultimately, I chose Sanaa Lathan, based on her performances in Alien vs. Predator and Nip/Tuck. As a badass ice climber-turned-Alien killer, I knew she had the chops.

Tabby Smith - Ashley Tisdale - Preppy? Vapid? BLOND? Ashley Tisdale fits all of these fairly well. Put some bubble gum in her mouth and you got a stew going!

Aaron Stack - Aaron Eckhart - I kept looking and I kept looking, but no matter what, I kept coming back to Aaron Eckhart. He came right to my head when I thought of the former Machine Man, both for his looks and for his performance in Thank You For Smoking. When I did the manipulation, it was settled - he IS Aaron Stack.

Elsa Bloodstone - Billie Piper - An asskicker with a British accent? With a dye job, Billie Piper would fit the bill. She has shown able to defend herself as well as kick major alien *** on Doctor Who, so why wouldn't she be able to translate this into killing dragons with shotguns?

The Captain - Timothy Olyphant - Look at him in, say, The Girl Next Door and tell me that that's not The Captain. He reasonably has the facial qualities, the widow's peak hair, plus he can be quite comedic, not to mention he's an amazing actor.

Gen. Dirk Anger - Bruce Campbell - Widely known for his comedic skill, Bruce Campbell is quite familiar with playing insane, borderline schizophrenic characters. Now that he's reached middle age, the Evil Dead actor could play good ol' General Anger.

And finally, Dragonforce to do the awesome hard metal explosive opening credit theme song.

I would enter but I think I agree with everything Doc Comic posted.

I'm glad that people like Doc's entry........I wish people would make more entries themselves and not just decide to totally agree with what someone else posted.

I'm not directing this to anyone in particular....I'm just saying that we're on page#2 and the only 2 actual entries we have are Doc's and Mole's. I chose this property over another prospect (Y-The Last Man) because I thought this one would be more accessible and that more people read Nextwave rather than Y. I'm sure more will be coming....but still.....

Doc....I gotta say---those are some excellent choices. Particularly Tisdale and Lathan.

I can't wait for the round to actually end so I can post my choices! :rockon:

Latest posts

Back