Are Comics becoming reality?

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
First the formula for kryptonite belongs to an actual substance, then scientist found a possibly habitible world near a red star, and now a scientist believes it may be possble to make superadhesive gloves and boots that could be used to create a Spider-Man-like suit in the near future and use carbon nanotubes to create large invisible cables that could act as human-strength cobwebs.

So the question is, will we be seeing somer super heroes showing up in the near future?

Not in a cool way...

But I remember people were excited back when some police out there became aware of a vigilante with a sword... forget where...

EDIT:
Here's the story: http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1246969,00.html

Honestly though... This material might be used by the government in warfare, or maybe super spy stuff (woot), but nothing that interesting... if it is, it'll prolly be top secret.

Last edited:
Honestly though... This material might be used by the government in warfare, or maybe super spy stuff (woot), but nothing that interesting... if it is, it'll prolly be top secret.
I'm saying what if one guy got a hold of it and became a vigilante, think how many comic stories started out with technology getting in the wrong (or right) hands
But I remember people were excited back when some police out there became aware of a vigilante with a sword... forget where...
I ahh, wouldn't know anything about that :shifty:

Last edited:
I thought this guy was pretty cool
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bradley_Willman
here's an interesting thing I learned today
"In the United States, evidence that derives from an illegal government search generally cannot be used in court against a defendant by the government. However, evidence that derives from an illegal private search such as from a citizen tipster may be used in court by the government, even though the search was illegal."

Citizen Tipster....what a name!

I just watched this show on the History Chanell called Spider-Man Tech. It explaned how all of Spider-Man's powers work and how theoretically Spider-Man could be possible in real life.

First the formula for kryptonite belongs to an actual substance, then scientist found a possibly habitible world near a red star, and now a scientist believes it may be possble to make superadhesive gloves and boots that could be used to create a Spider-Man-like suit in the near future and use carbon nanotubes to create large invisible cables that could act as human-strength cobwebs.

So the question is, will we be seeing somer super heroes showing up in the near future?

I thought this was a Mavericker thread.

I think this is an awsome thread. Some pretty cool real stories coming out..kinda like when i found out each issue of Fell was all based around what warren ellis had read in the "bizarre world" column that week...should this be in DC Comics Thread?

Last edited:
I just watched this show on the History Chanell called Spider-Man Tech. It explaned how all of Spider-Man's powers work and how theoretically Spider-Man could be possible in real life.
I saw the last half of that, and I was psyche to realize my theories on how his powers work were scientifically right
I thought this was a Mavericker thread.
I am insulted to no end
should this be in DC Comics Thread?

I dont see why, the main reason I started this thread was because of the "spider-man suit" thing

I think this is an awsome thread. Some pretty cool real stories coming out..kinda like when i found out each issue of Fell was all based around what warren ellis had read in the "bizarre world" column that week...should this be in DC Comics Thread?
I thought Ellis was drawing from multiple sources, not one column, as derived from his research and interests... and that when he says things like "From the Total Weirdness Folder" or whatever, he's just being metaphorical.

But really, all science fiction is becoming real. It probably first started with Frankenstein, then expanded. It's only logical to me that comics are the next to become science fact.

You're saying Frankenstein has become science fact?;)

Aww, man! I love those! Do you know if/when it'll be on again or where to find it online?

Last edited:
Ourchair's post made me think the same thing.

Weird.
That's exactly the kind of thing I meant to imply.

Warren Ellis said:
I take in as much information as I can in order to divine the shape of possible tomorrows. From the broad spectrum of news and theory right down to the small ways individuals mess around with the cultural aesthetic.
Ellis builds his science fiction not around 'the truth of science' but its zeitgeist. It doesn't matter whether this stuff becomes reality later, but what matters is that it is what science APPARENTLY wants to will into reality NOW.

That's not to imply that Ellis is being a 'better' fictionaut than other writers. He's just following the same tradition of sci-fi authors who wrote about the future of Flying Jetpacks, Robot Maids and Lunar Colonies back in the day. We call them cheesy NOW, but those silly things were the zeitgeist of science back THEN.

Latest posts

Back