Archaic Marvel Planning Thread

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Re: Is this workable? The fanfic idea thread

I have resonatly been thinking of this as a good idea but it might be a bad Idea or been done before or done to death.

Ultimate marvel = modern versions of old heroes

I was thinking Archaic Marvel.
(working title)
Instead of modern setting it in Medieval times. Still trying to stay true to the orginal like Ultimate but also doing something new and adding new twists as its more Medieval fantasy so more heavy on magic and myth less on science and governments ect..

E.g Archaic Spider-man

Peter Parker has an interest in sorcery (not science) and while working on a spell one day accidentally creates a curse. It gives him spider-man powers.

Green Goblin = rich owner of theatre but when a new theatre opens up and puts his out of business he goes crazy and puts on one of the costumes in his theatre (a green coloured goblin costume) He starts killing in a brutal and sadistic way. Instead of a glider he is on something similar to a magic carpet .
Archaic X-men

Still get their powers the same way but because no one knows what a mutant is they assume they are demons and so are just as hateful as humans to mutants

if anyone has ideas , thoughts , likes something , hates it , feels like helping in anyway please say so.

I have resonatly been thinking of this as a good idea but it might be a bad Idea or been done before or done to death.

(working title)
Instead of modern setting it in Medieval times. Still trying to stay true to the orginal like Ultimate but also doing something new and adding new twists as its more Medieval fantasy so more heavy on magic and myth less on science and governments ect..

E.g Archaic Spider-man

Peter Parker has an interest in sorcery (not science) and while working on a spell one day accidentally creates a curse. It gives him spider-man powers.

Green Goblin = rich owner of theatre but when a new theatre opens up and puts his out of business he goes crazy and puts on one of the costumes in his theatre (a green coloured goblin costume) He starts killing in a brutal and sadistic way. Instead of a glider he is on something similar to a magic carpet .
Archaic X-men

Still get their powers the same way but because no one knows what a mutant is they assume they are demons and so are just as hateful as humans to mutants

if anyone has ideas , thoughts , likes something , hates it , feels like helping in anyway please say so.
That would be awesome.

Try searching the site for Compound's thread about Victorian/Steampunk Marvels or Willverine's "X-Boys" for related ideas.

(working title)

E.g Archaic Spider-man

Archaic X-men

Well, there is Marvel 1602

That would be awesome.

Try searching the site for Compound's thread about Victorian/Steampunk Marvels or Willverine's "X-Boys" for related ideas.

Cool will do.

Well, there is Marvel 1602

yeah didn't know how original idea was.

but yeah Idea still needs tweaking as some of it sounds kinda cheesy reading back on first post

(working title)

E.g Archaic Spider-man

Archaic X-men

I like everything except the idea of the Green Goblin on a magic carpet. I'd totally be behind this if you came up with a better idea than a magic carpet...

I think you can do the goblin without flying but this idea just popped into my head maybe have him tame a dragon, I'm not sure about that though. I think you should have Captain America as a great knight of old who was turned to stone by an evil wizard. (I'm thinking Dr Doom as an immortal wizard who will be the main villain). And Cap is freed by some crusaders who need to recruit them, among them the viking warrior who weilds a hammer that is enchanted, and a engineer in a incredible suit of armor, light weight, easily wearable and strong, with cross bows attached to his arms.

I think you can do the goblin without flying but this idea just popped into my head maybe have him tame a dragon, I'm not sure about that though. I think you should have Captain America as a great knight of old who was turned to stone by an evil wizard. (I'm thinking Dr Doom as an immortal wizard who will be the main villain). And Cap is freed by some crusaders who need to recruit them, among them the viking warrior who weilds a hammer that is enchanted, and a engineer in a incredible suit of armor, light weight, easily wearable and strong, with cross bows attached to his arms.

I envision Iron Man as an inventor, small and scrawny, who invented an Iron Golem, that works independant of him, not with him inside.

I like everything except the idea of the Green Goblin on a magic carpet. I'd totally be behind this if you came up with a better idea than a magic carpet...

Yeah that was part of the cheesier parts.

I LOVE the dragon Idea. Dragons not only fly but breath fire balls (so kinda like his glider fires miles and pumpkin bombs)

As well as that it would make him like the bad guy in the old dungeons and dragons cartoon.

I envision Iron Man as an inventor, small and scrawny, who invented an Iron Golem, that works independant of him, not with him inside.

That's cool idea too.

See this Is what I was hoping. Also have different writers for each series e.g Houde does Iron man , I do Spider-man , Random does Captain America. Then every once in awhile the writers come together for an event but only now again. E.g of event Archaic Secret Wars which if broken up in to a trilogy could be kind of like LOTR meets Marvel.

Again thanks everyone for feedback/advice I honestly think it could be something very very cool.

See this Is what I was hoping. Also have different writers for each series e.g Houde does Iron man , I do Spider-man , Random does Captain America. Then every once in awhile the writers come together for an event but only now again. E.g of event Archaic Secret Wars which if broken up in to a trilogy could be kind of like LOTR meets Marvel.

YOU MUST DO THIS.

PLEASE.

(working title)

E.g Archaic Spider-man

Archaic X-men

Still get their powers the same way but because no one knows what a mutant is they assume they are demons and so are just as hateful as humans to mutants.

Have Galactus be a Roman general who wants to resurrect the Roman Empire, with him as Caesar? He could come into conflict with Dr. Doom, who like Random said, is a wizard who rules over Latveria. And the Silver Surfer would actually be the head of Galactus' Silver Legions (similar to the Light Brigade). Each of his heralds would be the leader of their own legion, similar to the actual Roman legions which had their own standard and name.

And then have Kang as the 616 Kang, trapped during this time? He could be similar to perhaps a Mongol Warlord, or an Attila the Hun?

Have Galactus be a Roman general who wants to resurrect the Roman Empire, with him as Caesar? He could come into conflict with Dr. Doom, who like Random said, is a wizard who rules over Latveria. And the Silver Surfer would actually be the head of Galactus' Silver Legions (similar to the Light Brigade). Each of his heralds would be the leader of their own legion, similar to the actual Roman legions which had their own standard and name.

That is very cool. Only thing I would add is Galactus = a giant demon Roman general. Not as big as he is in 616 I would say sentinal size who is known for eating villages and castles ect...

But yeah I love that idea.

I'm surprised how many people seem to like this idea. I figured most would say You can't do a Medieval Marvel

That is very cool. Only thing I would add is Galactus = a giant demon Roman general. Not as big as he is in 616 I would say sentinal size who is known for eating villages and castles ect...

I was actually thinking that no one had ever seen him except for his heralds. So there are many myths that Galactus is a giant, perhaps a descendant of Goliath? He could be unnaturally tall, but a giant demon thing? I dunno... his vast size could just be the massive number of soldiers he commands. And his armies could march in a formation similar to the 616 Galactus head. The unifroms could be purple, or a dark redish, upon bronze-colored, or steel armor? And the Silver Surfer would join him so his home village would be spared. But later turns against him, with his whole legion. And the Surfer could have a large sword, or a massive shield with sharpened edges, which he may 'surf' upon at one point. A chase through the Alps?

I was actually thinking that no one had ever seen him except for his heralds. So there are many myths that Galactus is a giant, perhaps a descendant of Goliath? He could be unnaturally tall, but a giant demon thing? I dunno... his vast size could just be the massive number of soldiers he commands. And his armies could march in a formation similar to the 616 Galactus head. The unifroms could be purple, or a dark redish, upon bronze-colored, or steel armor? And the Silver Surfer would join him so his home village would be spared. But later turns against him, with his whole legion. And the Surfer could have a large sword, or a massive shield with sharpened edges, which he may 'surf' upon at one point. A chase through the Alps?

That sounds cool.

I only added giant demon to make him still a giant monster that eats homes. But thee way you said would work too very well.

That sounds cool.

I only added giant demon to make him still a giant monster that eats homes. But thee way you said would work too very well.

I would be up for doing this if others want to too. I'd want to do the silver surfer/ galactus, based off of what I said before, simply because Roman history intrests me.

I like the idea of rumors about Galactus. But he should be a big guy, 7 foot at the most

SSJ...while I love your ideas for an Archaic series...I don't understand your fetish for Secret War. Why must it always be included?

SSJ...while I love your ideas for an Archaic series...I don't understand your fetish for Secret War. Why must it always be included?

that was just an example of an event.

yes I like secret war. But could be anything except civil war (would not work in the times)

Captain America question. Would he be best to be called Captain. The Captain , Captain Rodgers or something else because was America called America in Medieval times? I know it's Medieval fantasy so it might not matter just a thought

Last edited:

Even though I'm not great at writing I think I will, I'll pm you my idea.

So, if this idea is a go, I call Galactus, Firelord, and Drax the Destroyer, just as a heads-up.8)

Latest posts

Back