Sirius / XM satellite radio

E

Excelsior Club
I've had a Sirius subscription for just over 2 years...anyone else subscribed to Sirius? Or XM? It actually won't matter which one you're subscribed to if the merger goes though...

Hopefully they'll keep the Sirius management team, since XM has been running themselves into the ground over the last year.

Anyway...I have the S50 with an executive dock. I want the Stilleto 100 but I'm not sure if I should wait until the merger happens and see if any better equipment comes out.

Anyone else have satellite radio?

I got my girlfriend Sirius for Christmas, but I listen to it on the computer sometimes. I like Howard Stern but I'm dying for those baseball games!

Also, the classic radio show channel is my every dream come true, but I can't get it online. I'm so tortured. Maybe I'll buy my own radio someday.

I got my girlfriend Sirius for Christmas, but I listen to it on the computer sometimes. I like Howard Stern but I'm dying for those baseball games!

That's the only thing XM has that's worth caring about - I'm excited to get baseball.

Also, the classic radio show channel is my every dream come true, but I can't get it online. I'm so tortured. Maybe I'll buy my own radio someday.

You know, you can add another subscription to her account for $6.95/month.

I just had the weirdest experience with Sirius. I tried signing online, which I do every day at work, and it wouldn't take my name and password. I was freaking out. I use the same password for everything and my screename pops right up with the site. But I kept trying and trying and it never worked. So I called tech support and they couldn't find my account with my phone number. I was starting to panic.

Then I started talking to a real guy instead of a computer and he's telling me my number, which he somehow found, is registered to two accounts. Joseph Kalicki and James Kalicki. I tried explaining to him that James was a typo they made and I was Joseph, but he was having a hard time grasping that. I had to confirm everything. But then we got to my address.

I couldn't remember what address I registered the account to. I usually use my mom's address for everything, but when it doesn't involve getting mail I use my apartment address (I don't trust getting mail at my apartment). Well, it turns out it was my mom's address, but. . . the city changed her address a few months ago (before I got Sirius). Well, apparently I hadn't remembered the new address at the time, so I gave them the old address. But on top of just changing the numbers, they also changed what street the address is on. It used to be on a court, but it was right on the corner so they changed it to the street instead. So the address is totally different and this guy isn't buying or understanding that the city changed the address.

Finally, I convince him, or he just give sup or whatever. Anyway, he tells me my username and password (both of which I knew). He gets it to work over there and he tells me I need to capitalize the username. Well, I tell him, the username is exactly the same as it always is whenever I sign on. It pops up, I never type it. He just keeps repeating that I need to type it in uppercase. So I tell him thanks for the help, I'll figure it out myself.

Well, I change the username to caps and god dammit the freakin' thing works first try. What the hell was that all about?

I doubt the merger will go through, it would result in a monopoly.

They're argument over other radio options holds litle ground, considering they are the only pay for subscription options out there.

Well, I change the username to caps and god dammit the freakin' thing works first try. What the hell was that all about?

I bet he "fixed" it and is jerking with you so he doesn't look like a moron.

I doubt the merger will go through, it would result in a monopoly.

They're argument over other radio options holds litle ground, considering they are the only pay for subscription options out there.

That is something a lot of other Sirius sites are saying (I don't have XM and don't really keep up on XM news or forums). I thought it strange that they would announce a merger that has such a high likelihood of not being approved.

That is something a lot of other Sirius sites are saying (I don't have XM and don't really keep up on XM news or forums). I thought it strange that they would announce a merger that has such a high likelihood of not being approved.

I think they are counting on the likelihood of getting the okay, because of existing FM, HD FM and AM radio stations, and maybe anoucing the merger, in their minds, will help them go through with the deal

Latest posts

Back