Mutant Cure Storyline

The Overlord

Should they do a storyline in UXM where someone invents a cure for the mutant condition (possiblely for sinister purposes)? That storyline has already been done in X-men TAS in 1992, the 616 X-Men comics in 2004 and the third X-Men film in 2006. Should it be done or will it be old hat?

Last edited:
should of been done around the time the third film came out IMO

There is alot they could do with that, it a good idea and shouldnt be thrown out. If they can make it interesting and give it proper time I dont see why not, though I wouldnt say use it anytime soon

If they do an Ultimate Mutant Cure storyline, how should it be handled? Who should invent it? Should the inventor of this cure have a sinister alternative motive, with the politics of the issue still being explored (like in X-Men TAS and the 616 comics) or should there be no alternative motive and the story solely revolves around mutant kind dealing with the fall out from this "cure" (like in the third X-Men film)?

Last edited:
I don't like the idea of the "Mutant Cure". Saying the mutations is a disease that can be fixed closes up a lot of interesting possibilities to explore regarding the nature of the mutations.

Legacy Virus

What does the Legacy Virus have to do with a "cure" for the mutant condition? The Legacy Virus is a virus that targets and kills mutants. A "cure" would simplely take away their powers and perhaps change their appearances so they look like normal humans.

What does the Legacy Virus have to do with a "cure" for the mutant condition? The Legacy Virus is a virus that targets and kills mutants. A "cure" would simplely take away their powers and perhaps change their appearances so they look like normal humans.
I know what you're talking about. Doing something like the "Gifted" story arc from Astonishing X-Men.

I think that would be something good to save around maybe #100 and tie it in with Apocalypse (as in, when he should appear). Like that could be about Apocy killing homo-sapiens and to try and do a counter attack, they come up with a cure. Something like that.

should of been done around the time the third film came out IMO
The reason the film had it was because *of* Astonishing X-Men's Gifted arc.

Says you.
You never read Gifted from AXM?

Last edited:
Hmm.

Not sure about it being Fury who does that, but that's good!
I only say Fury because he's the one person in the UU who, although for good intentions, wants to control all superpowered humans. If not him, then ultimize Creed as higher level government official sanctioning the program or something.

Last edited:
I only say Fury because he's the one person in the UU who, although for good intentions, wants to control all superpowered humans. If not him, then ultimize Creed as higher level government official sanctioning the program or something.
That an interesting point. I can see it being Fury now, or like you said there, Creed.

I forgot how the Astonishing "gifted" storyline ends. All I remember is the alien smashing stuff and then Colossus showed up. Can anyone refresh my memory for me?

It's actually kind of funny, because I had only read really old volumes of Essential X-men before then, and Astonishing was my first contemporary X-title. So I knew who Colossus was, but I had no idea that he was dead and why everybody was so shocked to see him. I thought they were just surprised he got captured. But I figured it out pretty quickly.

I forgot how the Astonishing "gifted" storyline ends. All I remember is the alien smashing stuff and then Colossus showed up. Can anyone refresh my memory for me?

It's actually kind of funny, because I had only read really old volumes of Essential X-men before then, and Astonishing was my first contemporary X-title. So I knew who Colossus was, but I had no idea that he was dead and why everybody was so shocked to see him. I thought they were just surprised he got captured. But I figured it out pretty quickly.

Basically? They messed up the crazy scientist lady's stuff and then the project was set back. "for months, maybe!" or something. I can't remeber if it's been touched on since then, but I'll check my back issues.

The reason the film had it was because *of* Astonishing X-Men's Gifted arc.

I know but I meant if they did it at same time as film it would of been better as ultimate stories (well spider-man so far) have made it have a tie in with film kinda

stars off green goblin - like film

when 2nd film was out dock ock was in it ect...

I know but I meant if they did it at same time as film it would of been better as ultimate stories (well spider-man so far) have made it have a tie in with film kinda

stars off green goblin - like film

when 2nd film was out dock ock was in it ect...
Oh, then they may bring Venom back into the comics, declaring the placing of the game in the timeline. Hmm

Anyway, concerning X-Men. I think that when they plan to do something liek this, they should have lots of small things leading upto it, rather than having it so that it all just happens. That way, it may have a better impact.

Latest posts

Back