Anyone recomend any good action games?

a fan

I am in need of an action video game before god of war 2 comes out. i got Genji dawn of the samuai. It was an awsome game but I beat it in two days. can anyone recomend any action/adventure titles (not FPS, RPG or anything else like that pure action adventure and it has to be for the PS2 cuz that's the only system I have right now)

Last edited:
God Of War is the greatest action game ever.

The first three Onimusha are some of best games I played.

Devil May Cry series is also great but very hard.

I already have god of war and I also have the devil may cry series any others besides onimusha (I will check onimusha out however)

Last edited:
Max Payne and its sequel, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne are probably the most intelligently conceived action games in the planet.

I'm not saying it's the best action game EVAR, but I think it is a stroke of genius that is smarter than most people give it credit for. Ask me why!

Why?
As many of us long-time gamers would know, the videogame industry has long tried to emulate the movie industry. In the 90s, that was made manifest by games chocked full of FMV content that proclaimed themselves as 'interactive movies'.

In reality, most of these products could hardly be considered 'interactive'. They were really just stories on railroad tracks that tied the gameplay down to the FMV content. Nevermind the fact that much of this FMV was poorly directed material featuring actors with declining prestige and questionable talent (Tia Carrere? Kirk Cameron? I'm supposed to be impressed?)

Any twit can use 'movies' to string together the context that drives the design. Max Payne, on the other hand, is a franchise rethinks the idea of games that are 'inspired by the movies' by using the conceits of cinema --- camera angles and the use of shutter speed to 'manipulate' time as it exists on the screen --- as the basis for its entire design.

If that sounds kind of high falutin, then think about it in these plainer terms: In Max Payne, you are the director and the survival of your lead actor depends entirely on your cinematography. Just because Max can move in slow motion, it doesn't mean the world is at his mercy of his every dive and pirouette.

Mindless choreography doesn't just result in a boring fight scene: Shoot-dodging into an open area isn't just nonsensical in a movie, it results in death. Waste your bullet time gratuitously and suddenly you're out of the precious stuff at a time when it would be most dramatically opportune to use it.

As such, Max Payne is the art of directing action cinema made into a supremely simple action game.

Last edited:
Ps2 action games I would recommend :

• Ghosthunter - this is highly recommended
  • All of the Grand Theft Autos
  • Ultimate Spider-Man
  • The Godfather
  • Star Wars Bounty Hunter
  • Legacy of Kain: Defiance
  • Resident Evil Outbreak 1+2
  • Prince of Persia games
  • Max Payne
  • Devil May Cry games
  • Metal Gear Solid games
  • Lego Stars I+II

Are you an Indiana Jones fan? Indiana Jones and the Emporer's Tomb is one of the best action games I've ever played. The fist fighting alone is worth renting it for. Terrific game, and very heavy on the adventure too, of course.
Meh. Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb, as well as Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine weren't terribly good games.

Though they at least get points for actually being better than Tomb Raider II, Tomb Raider III, Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation, Tomb Raider Chronicles, and Tomb Raider: Angel of Darkness combined.

Now playing Hitman 2: Silent Assassin.

Codename 47 is still cooler than Solid Snake will ever be.

LIES!!!

Solid Snake is the definitive badass.
Nuh-uh!

Solid Snake is an overtrained special operations and espionage agent and total bad-***, I grant you that. I mean he's got the experience and wits to defeat large nuclear-armed battle mechs. But that's just it, he's a generic bad ***.

Codename 47 was bred from the augmented DNA of FIVE different criminals --- an insane German geneticist, a sword-wielding Chinese crime lord, a LAtin American drug emperor, an Austrian neo-fascist terrorist and a Soviet anti-Communist arms dealer --- and has an extra chromosome.

In fact, Codename 47 is SO bad-***, he doesn't get Down's syndrome or any other genetic retardation from having that extra chromosome, which is what would REALLY happen if you had a 47th chromosome.

Nuh-uh!

Solid Snake is an overtrained special operations and espionage agent and total bad-***, I grant you that. I mean he's got the experience and wits to defeat large nuclear-armed battle mechs. But that's just it, he's a generic bad ***.

Codename 47 was bred from the augmented DNA of FIVE different criminals --- an insane German geneticist, a sword-wielding Chinese crime lord, a LAtin American drug emperor, an Austrian neo-fascist terrorist and a Soviet anti-Communist arms dealer --- and has an extra chromosome.

In fact, Codename 47 is SO bad-***, he doesn't get Down's syndrome or any other genetic retardation from having that extra chromosome, which is what would REALLY happen if you had a 47th chromosome.

Solid Snake has a badass mustache.

Latest posts

Back