Greatest. Comic. Ever.

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
superman.jpg

Mother****ing discuss. :shock:

Honestly, I feel another Superman story by Moore would feel redundant, at this point, no matter how great it looks.

He pretty much closed the book on the character in many ways, when he wrote Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Plus, many of the concepts addressed in both Supreme and Miracle Man cover the same ground as the key themes of the Superman mythos.

I think I'd much rather see original, creator-owned stuff from Moore, if he decided to come out of retirement.

Honestly, I feel another Superman story by Moore would feel redundant, at this point, no matter how great it looks.

He pretty much closed the book on the character in many ways, when he wrote Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow? Plus, many of the concepts addressed in both Supreme and Miracle Man cover the same ground as the key themes of the Superman mythos.

I think I'd much rather see original, creator-owned stuff from Moore, if he decided to come out of retirement.

I'd be interested in it in an iconic way, because it's basically the world's greatest creators on the world's greatest superhero. Though I'd much prefer Millar/Hitch's take on the Man of Steel, which we'll hopefully get in 2008/2009.

Moore isnt retired he's working on League of Extraordinary Gentlemen vol. 3 once he finishes the Black Dossier.

But this would -NEVER- happen.

And Alex Ross isnt the best artist ever.

I'd rather see Alex Ross's dream project, he and Moore telling the story of Jesus Christ. I'm not much of a Christian, but I think that would just be insanely cool.

I'd rather see Alex Ross's dream project, he and Moore telling the story of Jesus Christ. I'm not much of a Christian, but I think that would just be insanely cool.

I thought Superman was Jesus?

Damn you Bryan Singer and Superman Returns!

Hasn't that, y'know, been done before? Over and over? Then resurrected and done again?

Its a good story, whether or not you agree with its factuality and messages. But again?

I would read it, then make love to it. Over and over. Until I started chaffing.

And I don't even like Superman.

Hasn't that, y'know, been done before? Over and over? Then resurrected and done again?

Its a good story, whether or not you agree with its factuality and messages. But again?
I'm talking about a complete visual reinterpretation. Something akin to Salvador Dali's later, physics-inspired religious work:

dalicrucifixionthumb.jpg

dalichristdestjeandelacroixthumb.jpg

dali-last-supper.jpg

NuclearCrossSalvadorDaliW.jpg

Something metaphysical, abstract and exciting. I refuse to believe that Moore wouldn't do something original like that.

Last edited:
Wait....this Moore/Ross/Superman project is REAL?

Ihave no word or smiley for this, so I'm gonna have to borrow one from Will Ferr--uh, I mean James Lipton.

This will be scrumtrelessant.

I doubt it. Moore hates both of the Big Two anymore. When Wildstorm was bought by DC they had to set up some sorta handler system so he didn't have to deal directly with them.

Wait....this Moore/Ross/Superman project is REAL?

Ihave no word or smiley for this, so I'm gonna have to borrow one from Will Ferr--uh, I mean James Lipton.

This will be scrumtrelessant.

No, I was just thinking how awesomely iconic this would be.

Up next: Tarantino/Bradstreet - The Punisher.

No, I was just thinking how awesomely iconic this would be.

Up next: Tarantino/Bradstreet - The Punisher.

E said it best. But I'd go one step further and have it's babies.

While a Bradstreet Punisher would kick mucho asso.....I'm not sure I'd have Tarantino on the project because he tends to have his characters talk alot and that just ain't Frank.

Last edited:
Ya know, this thread is bunk. Moore and Ross on Superman wouldn't be the greatest comic ever.

Clearly, nothing could ever beat this:

64538939_7cb718b11b_m.jpg

Latest posts

Back