Should they do an Ultimate Cap story that is set in WWII?

The Overlord

In the 616 universe Captain America would have entire stories set in WWII? Should Ultimate Cap have flashback story set entirely in WWII? I think it would be a good idea, we have only seen Ultimate Cap fighting in WWII a few times (Cap defusing that nuke is one of the best scenes in the ultimate Universe.)

There are many 616 Nazi villains that Cap has faced, but I would like to see Cap face off against an Ultimate version of Heinrich Zemo (who would be a general instead of a baron and would wear an SS uniform instead of a hood and a spandex costume with tiger fur.) I think he would work best, the other nazi villains from the 616 universe: Arnim Zola was already used, I am not sure I want the Ultimate version of the Red Skull to be a Nazi (too similar to the 616 uversion) and Baron Blood is too outlandish.

Ultimate Heinrich Zemo would be the most realistic of the choices, he wouldn't be a super villain with a code name or super powers, he would just be an SS officer, with large platoon of SS soldiers and a briliant tactical mind. Besides in the 616 universe Heinrich Zemo was the villain who did the most damage to Cap, having killed Bucky, which is far more than the Red Skull has ever done. Also Heinrich Zemo's history with Cap would lead to some interesting tension if meets Ultimate Helmut Zemo in the present (who would be Heinrich Zemo's grandson.)

It'd work better than a mini about a side plot he engages in the present.

I'd like to see a story that involves something Cap did that he's not proud of like killing someone instead of capturing them.

I'd like to see a story that involves something Cap did that he's not proud of like killing someone instead of capturing them.

That's why I would want Heinrich Zemo to be the villain of a Cap WWII story, it could tie into the present when Cap meets Heinrich's grandson, Ultimate Helmut Zemo.

Heinrich Zemo would be one of the most evil men Captain America faced in the war. An high ranking SS officer, General Heinrich Zemo was a fanatical Nazi. In fact he was the commander of a death camp found in Western Germany. Heirnrich was a sadist and had an irrational hatred of those the Reich deemed inferior, so he would slowly worked the camp prisoners to death through stravation and hard labour.

Near the end of the war, Cap and his platoon liberated the death camp and freed the prisoners. They were so disgusted, that killed every single Nazi personal found in the camp. So when Cap meets Helmut Zemo in the present, he instantly dislikes him.

I would want Cap to have WWII foe who isn't outlandlish, not an alien disguised as a Nazi, not a Nazi mad scientist who becomes an AI program in the present, but just a regular SS officer who has a lot of troops under his command and has a twisted yet brilliant tactical mind, no super powers, no costume and no code name. Someone who Cap kills during the War and who stays dead, someone who never comes back to the present. I think Heinrich Zemo fits that bill, though Cap would have to deal with his feelings towards Heinrich Zemo, when he mets Helmut Zemo in the present.

That's why I would want Heinrich Zemo to be the villain of a Cap WWII story, it could tie into the present when Cap meets Heinrich's grandson, Ultimate Helmut Zemo.

Heinrich Zemo would be one of the most evil men Captain America faced in the war. An high ranking SS officer, General Heinrich Zemo was a fanatical Nazi. In fact he was the commander of a death camp found in Western Germany. Heirnrich was a sadist and had an irrational hatred of those the Reich deemed inferior, so he would slowly worked the camp prisoners to death through stravation and hard labour.

Near the end of the war, Cap and his platoon liberated the death camp and freed the prisoners. They were so disgusted, that killed every single Nazi personal found in the camp. So when Cap meets Helmut Zemo in the present, he instantly dislikes him.

I would want Cap to have WWII foe who isn't outlandlish, not an alien disguised as a Nazi, not a Nazi mad scientist who becomes an AI program in the present, but just a regular SS officer who has a lot of troops under his command and has a twisted yet brilliant tactical mind, no super powers, no costume and no code name. Someone who Cap kills during the War and who stays dead, someone who never comes back to the present. I think Heinrich Zemo fits that bill, though Cap would have to deal with his feelings towards Heinrich Zemo, when he mets Helmut Zemo in the present.
I like the idea of Cap butchering a bunch of pleading Nazi's.

I don't know if it would serve well to have the story be too history based. I like the idea of it being about a solidier who's taken to his breaking point and just snaps. This whole flash back is told as Cap is once again in a point of extreme stress and fears he might snap again. The mini ends as Cap finally confesses what he did in WWII to someone in the present.

hell yes that'd be awesome. Throw in a few covert missions with Wolvie so you get a little origins on him and then boom! hit em with wolvie origins ultimate

I like the idea of Cap butchering a bunch of pleading Nazi's.

I don't know if it would serve well to have the story be too history based. I like the idea of it being about a solidier who's taken to his breaking point and just snaps. This whole flash back is told as Cap is once again in a point of extreme stress and fears he might snap again. The mini ends as Cap finally confesses what he did in WWII to someone in the present.

Well maybe death camps are too dark, even for the Ultimate Universe, but you need to have a good reason for Cap and his troops to kill a bunch Nazis in cold blood. Zemo and his troops engaging some horrorific war crime, would make it understandable for Cap and his men slaugther the whole bunch of them. Cap should be a professional soldier, he wouldn't break the rules of war unless the opposition did something really bad.

Past rembrances with side plots dealing with the future can be the most engaging stories.

Maybe have the story deal with Cap being attacked by one of those people's sons

Past rembrances with side plots dealing with the future can be the most engaging stories.

Maybe have the story deal with Cap being attacked by one of those people's sons

That's already happened in the 616 universe, Helmut Zemo's original motive was getting revenge on Cap for killing Heinrich Zemo, Helmut's father. Also the timeline wouldn't make sense, the son of a Nazi would have to be born in the 1930s at the latest, so he would be in late 60s or early 70s today. Cap beating up a man in his 60s wouldn't be fun.

I'd like to see an Ultimate Universe WWII story that doesn't necessarily focus on Cap's solo missions. What I'd really like to see is the Ultimate incarnation of the Invaders. We could see Cap in his prime, get a better look at Namor, and maybe see the original Human Torch. Not to mention, James Howlett would be a shoe-in for the team. Unless I've gone completely loco, I remember Cap mentioning he knew Wolvie in the War.

Not to mention, it would be a good set-up for that Ultimate Invasion/Atlantis Attacks story, if they are really doing that after all.

But a GRANDson might be neat.

A grandson wouldn't really have a motive for revenge. If Cap killed a Nazi in WWII, his grandson wouldn't be born when he is still alive. A guy likely wouldn't want to avenge a grandfather he never knew who died 60 years ago, especially if said grandfather was a Nazi war criminal No what I think would be better is Cap killed Ultimate Heinrich Zemo during WWII (mainly because Heinrich was a particularly evil man) and when he meets Heinrich's grandson Ultimate Helmut Zemo (who may not even be a villain) and instantly dislikes him.

Who should the villain of this storyline be, Kleiser or one of Cap's 616 Nazi foes: Red Skull, Arnim Zola, Wolfgang Von Strucker, Baron Blood or Heinrich Zemo?

I would go with Heinrich Zemo myself, Kleiser's and Arnim Zola's storylines have already been concluded, I'm not sure I would want to see a Nazi version of the Ultimate Red Skull, I don't want to explain how Wolfgang Von strucker relates to the Von Strucker twins and baron Blood is vampire, that's too super natural for a story like this.

Heinrich Zemo I think would be the most realstic out of the bunch, he doesn't have code name and hasn't been used so far. Plus he can be linked to the present without using the cliche of him being alive today, with Cap having to deal with his feelings over Heinrich Zemo, when he meets his grandson Helmut in the present.

I'd like to see ult. red skull and yes an ultimate cap. ww2 story would be amazing

Latest posts

Back