MY NAME IS BRUCE!!! news/discussion

Random

Didn't **** any of those *****es
Anbody heard of this? Its an upcoming movie for February 2007 starring and directing non-other than Bruce Campbell! And the story sounds hilarious.

Bruce Campbell (playing himself) is mistaken for his EVIL DEAD character, Ash, by the members of small Oregon town and is forced to fight a real monsters terrorizing the town's inhabitants.

http://www.bruce-campbell.com/projects/bruce.htm

I saw him live, and this is some of the fun stuff that happened

-He made fun of Latvia, and said a foriegner in the audience was from Latvia.
-He talked about how he was going to be SPiderman in the third movie
-He talked about his hatred for movies like Batman Begins which is Hollywood shoving the same stuff down our throat every couple of years.
-He said he liked comic books, esp books like The Authority, but only when Ellis wrote it
-He loved to promote indy arts.
-He jacked me off
-He talked about his love of his children and how they need to star in B films.

For the love of god Hibiki, he's Brisco County Jr.!

I met him once, really nice guy. Did a signing tour when his first book came out and came to a local theator. They even did Evil Dead 1 and 2 screenings that night.

As for what he's done lately, I just wish that The Man with The Screaming Brain had been better...

Hibiki said:
Oh cool. haven't seen this guy since Xena and also the Spiderman movies.

:shock:

If I could ban you for a while....I would. :neutral: It's for your own good. This is Bruce "Hail to the King" Campbell!!!!!

But this film does reek of sheer awesomeness. I am so seeing this.....if it ever comes out.

I honestly don't understand the cult following of Campbell. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but his acting talents are pretty average.

And Bubba Ho Tep was a steaming pile of dog-eggs.

Fuzzy Birds said:
I honestly don't understand the cult following of Campbell. I'm sure he's a nice guy and all, but his acting talents are pretty average.

You're looking at him in the wrong light. It isn't about acting talent on the par of Anthony Hopkins, etc, but more just an over the top, whack-fest of a character portrayal. And therein lies the genius of Bruce.

Fuzzy Birds said:

It's the fact that he's B (hell even C) list actor and knows it. Even better is that he accepts it. He's not like these other actors who think that everything they do is so important and deep.

I mean there is no way anyone can watch The Evil Dead trilogy and think that the actors could take this seriously.

Victor Von Doom said:
It's the fact that he's B (hell even C) list actor and knows it. Even better is that he accepts it. He's not like these other actors who think that everything they do is so important and deep.

I mean there is no way anyone can watch The Evil Dead trilogy and think that the actors could take this seriously.

That sums it up even better. Bruce is the man, plain and simple. And most important of all, he's the one with the boomstick, snarky.

Last edited:
Fuzzy Birds said:

To go one step further.......have you ever seen Army of Darkness?

First off---before watching it---know that it is cheese and the actors know it's total gouda as well.

Then watch it. There is no way you can watch that film and not walk away a Bruce Campbell fan. And if that don't convince you......then you need look no further than Brisco County DVDs.

Victor Von Doom said:
To go one step further.......have you ever seen Army of Darkness?

First off---before watching it---know that it is cheese and the actors know it's total gouda as well.

Then watch it. There is no way you can watch that film and not walk away a Bruce Campbell fan. And if that don't convince you......then you need look no further than Brisco County DVDs.

I used to have the trilogy on DVD. Don't much care for amatuer horror/comedies or Sam Raimi. And I understand there's the whole 'I'm so bad and I know it' approach to his acting, but for me, he's just never had that much screen presence, at least not enough to hold a whole movie.

I'm renting all the Brisco County Jr. discs from Netflix since I'd never heard of it before and the DVD price tag is a lot. After the first two discs, I'm already completely obsessed. (Watch the Pilot commentary if you're a LOST fan.) Now I've read If Chins Could Kill, and have borrowed Make Love! The Bruce Campbell way from the library. And of course I've seen him in the Spidey films, plus his supporting role in Sky High, which doesn't suck! :x

hm..... While we're on the topic of Bruce Campbell, has there been any news on the two Bubba Ho-Tep sequels that he was supposed to be making?

Latest posts

Back