Failed Marvel DVD Concepts.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
From CBR:

MARVEL DVDS THAT NEVER MADE IT ...

Sure, we've got "Ultimate Avengers" already and both "Iron Man" and "Dr. Strange" in the pipeline, but what other ideas didn't make the cut when the House of Ideas was negotiating their deal with Lionsgate? Check out these sketches from John Delaney to get a glimpse at what didn't get the nod to find its way into your TV screen, including early concept drawings of one that will.

She-Hulk looks ugly. Awful art there. I do like the Sentry one.

My favorite was the Dr. Strange poster. It's weird, but I think if they were selling that at my local comic shop, I would actually buy and I've never reading anything with him in it.

The Dr. Strange one and the Captain Marvel one are unbelievably badass, though judging by how Ultimate Avenger turned out, they wouldn't have been anything close to what was shown there.

And The Sentry one just made me realize how much The Sentry rips off Miracleman.

moonmaster said:
And The Sentry one just made me realize how much The Sentry rips off Miracleman.
They emphasized the whole thing with the Sentry causing everyone to forget him which, in my opinion, was one of the weaker aspects of his character.

MaxwellSmart said:
They emphasized the whole thing with the Sentry causing everyone to forget him which, in my opinion, was one of the weaker aspects of his character.
That's what made him even better. A guy so powerful people need to forget him so they can be sage. Jenkins wrote that out beautifully.

I'm pretty sure that a few of those are already in the pipeline for future movies. Cloak and Dagger, in particular. I'm wondering if any of this has been confirmed with Marvel or Lionsgate to see if these aren't just the wankings over someone who's affiliated with Marvel but not at all connecetd to these projects.

Ice said:
That's what made him even better. A guy so powerful people need to forget him so they can be sage. Jenkins wrote that out beautifully.
The thing with forgeting people was that after he thought he killed his wife he made everyone forget about him, so he wouldn't have to live with everyone else judging him for what he had done.

Personally, I thought the best part of his mini was the end. They revealed that the reason he's the only Sentry is because of the danger of having such a powerful person be so mentally unstable. They just didn't want to risk another one.

MaxwellSmart said:

:shock:

The art and layouts on these covers are terrible. Blech.

ProjectX2 said:
The taglines are ****ty.
I liked the Dr. Strange tagline "Sometimes you must lose everything you were to become who you truly are..." I know it's for crap, but it sounds cool to me. The rest suck, though.

Captain Marvel - Meh :?

Cloak and Dagger - :sick:

Dr.Strange - :rockon:

Nick Fury - :arrgh:

She Hulk - :( ..........should've just got Cho to do it.

Sentry - Meh

I can't wait for the animated Doctor Strange film they're eventually going to do after the Iron Man animated film.

I think an animated Sentry film about the first miniseries would be awesome. Nothing after that, though, because that's when Bendis ****s him in the ***.

I only Just saw this, I wouldn't mind seeing any of those. Some are characters I'm not familiar with e.g Sentry but I would to to see it to become familiar with the character and maybe then I'll get comics with him in.

Overall my favourite looking one was Nick Fury it reminds me of M.A.S.K

They seriously look like one person just dicking around with a wacom tablet and photoshop... are we certain these are legit?

Latest posts

Back