A good free-roaming game with longevity

Goodwill

What's the best one there is? I got the Godfather and I fell in love with how much you can do... I need a game for either Gamecube or PS2 that will wet my appetite for the last month of my summer. Any suggestions?

I've seen the godfather and it fun to watch. The game is just so cool and really lives up to the original. I can't wait til they make part 2.

I don't know if it long or not. But Advent Rising looked cool when it first came out. Also I used to play FF11 online and it's a time killer.

I guess it depends on what you're looking for. There are a ton of sandbox games.....but sadly the GTA series is the only one with REAL top-notch production and variety.

But I still find it sad that the only game that offers such great quality has you being a degenerate thug. But then again I'm stuck on my current obsession of "Incredible Hulk" where I run around causing mass damage. So.............. :?

Yeah, The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction is incredibly fun. It's like Grand Theft Auto on steroids.

PS2 good ones (not sure about cube) that i have played
not in any order

-Ultimate spider-man (venom mode is very fun)
-Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction (the term Ultimate Destruction speaks for its self)
-The godfather (I recomended on here awhile ago)
-GTA series (The top name of free roam like halo is for first person shooters)
-Driv3r (like gta but diffrent in good and bad ways)
-Spider-man 2 (not as good as ultimate spider-man but fun)
-Simpsons: Hit and Run (LOL too funny if you like simpsons GET THIS)
-

Goodwill said:
You see, it's times like these when I wish I had an X-Box... I'd know what to get immediately - Fable.

I'm going to buy a cheap X-Box while I wait for the prices for the other consoles to drop down.

There is an amazingly cool free-roaming game coming soon to Xbox 360. Saint's row. Got my wireless live working today so i downloaded the demo to my hard drive. BEST DEMO EVER!!!!! Seriously people buy a 360 and saints row. 360s are cheap as hell. and the games are worth it.

Ice said:
Saint's Row is just Grand Theft Auto with a different name.

No no no no no

yes there are Alot of simalaritys between the two but saints row has the following cool features to make it unique

-after playing demo i noticed they have a navigation system far suprior to gtas. you tell it where you want to go and on the radar it tells you the fastest even where to turn.

-much better AI

-Custumise your character in a way that puts 90% of current rpgs to shame

-Take a car e.g police car. Strip it down , reshape it. re paint and make another car out of it oh i dont knowlets say THE BATMOBILE(i wanna make that at least lol)

-on the radar it tells you where bad guys are

-The blood is not over the top it's just right

-derail trains

and alot more but yes its a similar game but yet uniquly diffrent

gta i love but i see it as they made a new type of game now its time for other really good ones to come along

grand turismo and project gothem racer both very simalr games yet no one counts it as same same because its a racing.

Sounds like GTA the Turbo Edition to me.

The whole sandbox/GTA thing is so worn out and stupid to me. GTA3 was a novel concept....but overrated. But I admit that I am looking forward to Rockstar's "Bully".

sjmole said:
No no no no no
Uh... yes yes yes yes yes.

Just because it has some more "superior" things and better options doesn't make it a difference that it's still Grand Theft Auto with a different name.

Last edited:
Ice said:

Just because it has some more "superior" things and better options doesn't make it a difference that it's still Grand Theft Auto with a different name.

it's made by a diffrent company. it has diffrent features. It has the abilty to recruit "homies". It has multiplayer where the game play is completly diffrent to single. dont let the similaritys confuse you they are very diffrent. Like DC and Marvel. both comic book companys both do superheroes yet are two diffrent things. same with this.

I'll admit at first i thought "cool its gta" thenn i read about it and i realised yes there are simlaritys but its the diffrences that matter. Saint's row has stuff I could not of even dreamed of.

It has the gamplay, Unlike gta it has the graphics. It looks like damn solid game I recomend checking it out.

Ice said:

I agree with Ice.

It's GTA with a different name.

That doesn't make it bad, mind you, but it's the exact same concept.

I'm actually looking foward to it when I get my 360. Should tide me over until GTA4 in May.

sjmole said:
it's made by a diffrent company. it has diffrent features. It has the abilty to recruit "homies". It has multiplayer where the game play is completly diffrent to single. dont let the similaritys confuse you they are very diffrent. Like DC and Marvel. both comic book companys both do superheroes yet are two diffrent things. same with this.
It doesn't matter who made the company. That isn't and never was the point. Again, some differences doesn't mean it's not what I said it was, being that it's just like GTA, just marketing a different name.

Look at GTA 1 and GTA Vice City for example. There's difference there but still the same game. This is like that. Saint's Row has different things you can do, but there isn't that much of a difference that really seperates these games as two total different things.

sjmole said:
I'll admit at first i thought "cool its gta" thenn i read about it and i realised yes there are simlaritys but its the diffrences that matter. Saint's row has stuff I could not of even dreamed of.
Again, does not matter.

sjmole said:
It has the gamplay, Unlike gta it has the graphics. It looks like damn solid game I recomend checking it out.
Graphics are just about the same, another thing that puts 'em together even mroe.

Lynx said:
I agree with Ice.

It's GTA with a different name.

That doesn't make it bad, mind you, but it's the exact same concept.

I'm actually looking foward to it when I get my 360. Should tide me over until GTA4 in May.
Exactly. Doesn't make it bad, but what's bad is that not much thought is put into originality.

Latest posts

Back