Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
I noticed no one posted anything about this game.

Yes i am a huge db/dbz/dbgt and would get this even if it was crap as long as the cover has DBZ on it. But this game looks very impressive. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi was a fun game. It had a lot of cool features to it but the sequal looks even better.

Breif description-

Combining action, fighting and light role-playing game (RPG) elements, Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 will send players into a rich story mode that spans the entire Dragon Ball, DBZ, and Dragon Ball GT series. The game takes the acrobatic and intense 3D flying and fighting dynamic made popular in last year's hit and takes it to a whole new level with over 100 playable characters, 15 vast and vibrant 3D destructible environments, and nine different game modes, including intense single and multiplayer battles.

screen shots -
http://uk.media.ps2.ign.com/media/824/824079/imgs_1.html

trailers/clips -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuY47z6JkCw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiS_X2pMu-Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3groLaxAiw

New Characters -

1) Lord Slug
2) Giant Lord Slug
3) Android #13
4) Super Android #13
5) Turles
6) Great Ape Turles
7) Tapion
8 ) Hildegarn
9) Jenempa (Fat Janemba)
10) Garlic Jr.
11) Makio Powered Garlic Jr.
12) Base Cooler
13) Metal Cooler
14) Sauza (Cooler's Henchmen)
15) Base Bojack (The Blue Skinned one)
16) Zangya ( Bojack's Female Henchmen)
17) Yajirobe
18 ) Grandpa Gohan (Goku's grand father)
19) Pikkon
20) Buff Roshi
21) Uub
22) Majuub
23) Syn Shenron
24) Omega Shenron
25) Cui
26) Pan
27) Supreme Kai
28 ) Kabitoshin (Supreme Kai Fused with Kabito)
29) Base Broly
30) Restricted Super Saiyan Broly (Blue Haired form)
31) Great Saiyagirl (Videl in Saiyaman costume)
32) Pui Pui
33) Baby Vegeta 2 (Form with Gold Talons sticking out, as in the form right before the one in Tenkaichi)
34) Super Great Ape Baby Vegeta (he was seen on the start screen)

Other stuff

Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Known as Dragonball Z Sparking! NEO in Japan

The game will be release for the Sony Playstation 2 as well as for the Nintendo's Wii.

The PS2 version of the game is called Budokai Tenkaichi 2, and has the U.S. release date of October 17, 2006 with the retail price of $39.99.
The JPN release date is still slated for September and European release date is still slated for November. Mito did say he will try to have them all release close by, and hopefully tires a World-wide release.
There are now sites coming up with the retail value of the game to be $49.99 so who knows for now.

The Wii version of the game has the title "Tenkaichi NEO," and has the U.S. release date of March 30, 2007 with the retail value of $59.99. JPN and European release date are unknown.

Game Play:
-Story expands from the DB, DBZ, and DBGT series and the Movies.
-Custom Battles (Pretty Much What-If's)
-About 130 Characters, stated by Donny Clay, most JPN sources stills says over 100 characters.
-Tag Team Mode (This is also for the Main Story Mode)
-Mini Games
-Post your characters password on the Internet for others to fight (Similar to Budokai 3, apparently, this is suppose to help the replay value of the game)
-16 Stages, 11 stages from the first game and 5 new stages.
-9 Games modes

Wii Version
Apparently to pull off the Ki moves, you must move the Wiimote the same way the character will do the move. Also, seems like you will be able to charge the ki, but this is still just a speculation. They are trying to have this game be playable with all of the Wiimote's potential, thus why it has a later release date then the PS2 version.

Story Mode:
Starts off from Dragonball to the end of DBGT with the Movies in the mix.
-We do not know where in DB they will start and how much more of GT they will add.
-Also "What-If" battles are included
-Apparently the game will have a full adventure aspect where the player controls 3 characters (I guess a 3 man team) and fly around the world where he can explore areas, talk to other characters, etc., thus making it have RPG like elements in the game. Mito did state anything else more and nothing else has been said since E3.

The Loading game seems to be Yamcha using his Soukidan/Spirit Ball attack and destroy blocks/bricks.

Heath Bar, Ki Bar, and Blast/Energy Ball
The Health Bars are now up to 7 bars, and also, 7 Ki Bars, where as One Ki bar= One blast Ball.

Camera Angle
Like in the first installment, the camera angle is over the character shoulders. Thou, this time, when a character gets stuck against a wall, the character become transparent so that you are able to see what is in front of you.

Blast System
Seems like it's making a return, with 2 Blast One moves, 2 Blast two moves, and 1 Ultimate Blast. But, with "Transformation D," the character's Blast moves will "evolve" to what form they are in. Also, they are more cut-scene like. Apparently, the blast moves has also "evolved dramatically" according to the newest V-Jump scans. Not much else is said.

Password System
This is the games way for "Online Playability." The reason why the game has a password system but no regular online is because not everyone is able to play online. Also, online playability is not that big in Japan, thus, Spike did not find it necessary to put it in the game. The password system is most likley similar to the DBZ Budokai 3 password system.

Z-Items
Seems like they are making a come back. They seem to still the same thing but it was stated by Mito that it has greatly enhanced. This is going to be once again, the part where you "Customize" your characters.

NEW to the Game
According to the website and to the Shonen Jump/V-Jump scans, they have added the Transformation D. What this is, that characters can transform during real time (as how they put it as). So now, we have In-Game/Battle Transformations as part of the Battle System.

Also, it seems that Super Boo's Absorptions are count as Transformation. We do not know about Mecha Freeza or Metal Cooler.

You use up an Blast/Energy ball when you transform, also, seems like that if you have enough blast/energy ball, you can skip straight to a certain transformation
-Example, Son Goku to SSJ4 Son Goku will have you use up to 4 Blast/Energy ball.

Seems like characters can also start off in that transformation if you want to. And you also do power down when attacked hard or knocked down to the ground. **NEW**

Combo System
New to the game is Lift Strike Combo where you strike your opponent up in the air and teleport above them and strike them back down to the ground.

Also, there is something called Vanishing Attack. This is pretty much similar to the Budokai 3's Pursuit combo but its not continuous till your Ki goes down, and you dash around the character instead of teleporting behind them.

Tag Team ModeNew In this game is the Tag Team Mode or the "Amazing Conbi Battle" as what the JPN is calling it. Apparently, you press a button, and you switch with your partner.
*Seems like it's 2 on 2 battles as well as 2 on 1 battle. **NEW**
Also, a nice note is, if the situation is right, you may be able to FUSE your characters.

All in as far as a fighting game - great
as far as a dbz game - looks like it will be the best ever!

Last edited:
That's a lot of ****in new characters. :shock:

I've got the first 3 Budokai games.

I havn't got the first Tenkaichi yet. I might as well wait for this one.

thee great one said:
That's a lot of ****in new characters. :shock:

I've got the first 3 Budokai games.

I havn't got the first Tenkaichi yet. I might as well wait for this one.

The first one was ok. The learning curve was harsh as hell. It took me all weekend to get used to the controls......and even then it was just fustrating. So I probably won't even look at the Tenki 2.

But the Budokai games were just plain fun. There is very little that I would change about the series after DBZ3. It took me a while but I finally got all the characters including Sheng Long and The Ultra Mega Vegita/Goku Fusion person or whatever. I just like doing the 100x Kamehameha.

Victor Von Doom said:
The first one was ok. The learning curve was harsh as hell. It took me all weekend to get used to the controls......and even then it was just fustrating. So I probably won't even look at the Tenki 2.

But the Budokai games were just plain fun. There is very little that I would change about the series after DBZ3. It took me a while but I finally got all the characters including Sheng Long and The Ultra Mega Vegita/Goku Fusion person or whatever. I just like doing the 100x Kamehameha.

These games are lots of fun and very true to the show. 2 and 3 was when the game really became what it should be.

What i think of the budokia dbz games

Budokia - Really good. loved the what if's in story mode Krillen been absorbed by cell = must see LOL 7/10

Budokia 2 - New way of doing story mode but still great. New Characters and if you got the japanse one there was even more stuff like kurizea (LOL verry funny to be) 8/10

Budokia 3 - New features , new story pretty much revamped budokia. Great game 8/10 would be higher but IMO the story mode on 3 gets boring after you've done it a few times.

Shin Budokia on psp - Like budokia 3 but with less people and a really cool story mode - 9/10

Budokia tekishu - Perfect dbz simulator e.g play as hercule and try to punch perfect Cell :lol: diffrent people need to use diffrent tactics to win e.g Super 17 can not power up but if timed right can recharge ki by absorbing the ki of his enimes. 10/10

Budokia tekishu 2 already looks like Budokia tekishu but better!!!! i can not wait for this game. some people have their halo 3 , some their mario on Wii. Me i have my DBZ on ps2 lol

I got the first one for Christmas and finished it in like a day, I think. It was great fun though, but for some reason, when I go back to play, it's like super hard.

I did plan to get the rest, but then I went off Dragon Ball Z.

Finally i can play a Garlick jr.....Tutles tooo thats the Evil Goku rigth?

Venom Melendez said:
Finally i can play a Garlick jr.....Tutles tooo thats the Evil Goku rigth?

No, turles is a just a regular saiyan who appears in the tree of might movie trying to plant the tree of might ( who would have guessed) on earth. I dont think he has any relation to goku.

Lithium said:
No, turles is a just a regular saiyan who appears in the tree of might movie trying to plant the tree of might ( who would have guessed) on earth. I dont think he has any relation to goku.

Yup your right he just looks like goku.
Why? no idea

Oh NEW story mode info and pics

http://www.jeux-france.com/afficher...masters/Images/4970620060724_170200_0_big.jpg

In Dragon Adventure, it's all separated into their respective Arcs and Movies. Once picked selected Arc/Movie, you get a list of Scenarios which are now Missions.

They have listed 3 Infos of Dragon Adventure:

Info 1) Play all the missions to level up your characters.

Info 2) Now battles will have the 2 on 2 fights to make it like the DBZ story.
-Note: The fight w/ Saibaiman will be like "5 vs. 5" but'll take 2 vs. 2 for the first two fights and then a 1 on 1.

Info 3) The Story mode powers up w/ the more longer story. The mention all of DBZ, most Movies, TV Specials, and GT.
-Note: There is no mention of Dragonball...hopefully there is one since I have been looking forward for one.

They Introduce Garlic Jr. and his "Super" Garlic Jr. Form, where his Super has "Ultimate Blast" as one of his Blast moves.

Also, looking at one of the pics on the scan, they have the Main Menu(Goku on Kinto'un w/ Gohan on his shoulder), and it says "Dragon Library.

Lithium said:

I know That.The thing is that thye created him to reprisent what Goku would have been had he not lost his memory.

as for his relation non.But some say he's his cousin.
but pretty they have no relation.

I'm going to get this because there's 129 freaking characters playable, which is pretty much everyone.

The graphics are great as well.

I'm going to get this because there's 129 freaking characters playable, which is pretty much everyone.

The graphics are great as well.

yeah when I get the Wii THIS will be the first title i buy with game. For reasons you said plus It's dbz.

Hell yeah! been looking on the internet at this game

the uk version (and Japanese version) get an all-new battle arena and six extra fighters that don't feature in the US version

Yes when my Wii is in stock i'll be all over this like soap on hair

Last edited:
Hell yeah! been looking on the internet at this game

the uk version (and Japanese version) get an all-new battle arena and six extra fighters that don't feature in the US version

Yes when my Wii is in stock i'll be all over this like hair on soap

i think you mean soap on hair. which inspires me to change my sig. ty mole

been playing this game after work last 2 days. IIt kicks ***. I'll admit i don't play it with Wiimote i tried but found it easier and more relaxing to use control pad.

Still kicks ***. Love transforming , Love super moves , Ultimate moves and fusion plus it only takes a few a seconds to get good.

I give this game a strong 9 out of 10

Latest posts

Back