Peter's Fighting Skills

Jeremy116

Is anyone else fed up with the fact that after fighting a dozen big baddies that he still seems kind of a klutz on the battlefield?

It seems to me that he always jumps into middle of things before assessing the situation. Did his survival skills go bye-bye when he was bitten by that spider?

The first year or two I can see him learning to fight, but now it's getting old. I'm hoping in the next series of team-ups that he'll get some basic superhero training. I mean, can't Nick Fury help him with that or something?

Is this annoying, or endearing for the character?

Did his survival skills go bye-bye when he was bitten by that spider?

I think it's in his character to be klutzy and goofy...besides, when he needs to get down to it and kick some butt he does it

Is this annoying, or endearing for the character?

Endearing, totaly. It's part of his everyday guy persona; if I were in that same situation, with my luck, it would probably happen to me to. Also it's a big reason why people seem to identify more with Ultimate Peter than 616 Peter, who is married to a super model after spending all of high school not being able to get girls to look at him. :roll:

It seems to me that he always jumps into middle of things before assessing the situation. Did his survival skills go bye-bye when he was bitten by that spider?

I beleive that Spidey;s overall spontinatety [sp] in the battle field and in life is really relatable. I mean sure peter could learn how to fight but first he has to do his homework, mow the lawn, go to shcool 7 hours a day, go to work and spend time with the woman he loves, I'm surprised he even has time to be spider-Man.

The first year or two I can see him learning to fight, but now it's getting old. I'm hoping in the next series of team-ups that he'll get some basic superhero training. I mean, can't Nick Fury help him with that or something?

AS I said above, the issue is time, many hours and hours are needed to fine "true" fighting skill. I just don't think spidey has the time to work as hard as you have to do to "get that blackbelt" or whatever.

BUT Spidey has tried, you can't say that he hasn't tried [Marvel team-up # 16]

I think it has to do with him still being so young. Spidey has moves for his age, you have to give him that, but he really only has time to dodge other people's attacks before coming up with a plan to take the person down without killing them. Besides, he more than makes up for it with his strength. He was holding Captain America to a standstill in Ultimate Six before Cap convinced him his Aunt was safe.

Er, I think that was more Cap cutting him some slack. Keep in mind that Captain America can go toe to toe with the Hulk and unlike Spidey has incredible combat skill. And from the dialogue it seemed tome that Roger's undertones were along thelines of "come on kid don't make me have to kick your ass". And either way neither of them were actually fighting. Peter didn't want to fight Cap and Rogers isn't the sort of guy to enjoy beating up a 16 year old kid whose been blackmailed with having his only family in the world murdered.

Latest posts

Back