guess who wrote the superman adventures issue i have

a fan

when the wb store went out of busniss I got a batman gotham adventures comic which was written by brutbaker and a superman adventures comic i looked at the comic a few days ago and i found something interesting out: guess who wrote it.....................................................................

MARK MILLAR!!!!!!:D

Last edited:
Whatwouldyoudo-1.jpg

I've recently acquired this run in its entirety and yes, it's really, really good. Just a great little series of one-off character drama stories and definitive proof that Millar 'gets' Superman in a way that not a lot of people do. Not only that, he understands how to write great, exciting Superman stories without constantly relying on goofy Silver Age whimsy like Geoff Johns or Grant Morrison, great as they both are.

The only real fault I have with this run of comics is that it's tied in with Superman The Animated Series, which was never as good as these stories at realising the full potential of its cast of characters. The resulting 'tie-in art' is just a bit too boring to match the magic of the writing. It'd be awesome if the scripts from this run could be re-released with contemporary art, unrelated to the animated series.

Millar should have been chosen for Superman: Earth One. Hell, he should have been chosen to write the Superman movie.

Last edited:
I honestly think, with the sole exception of THE ULTIMATES, Mark Millar's run is, without a doubt, the finest work he has ever done. Not only is it pitch-perfect, but every issue is pitch-perfect. It's a travesty they're not collected. I think they're better than ALL-STAR SUPERMAN and the animated series they're based on.

And I don't even know if I have them all.

I honestly think, with the sole exception of THE ULTIMATES, Mark Millar's run is, without a doubt, the finest work he has ever done. Not only is it pitch-perfect, but every issue is pitch-perfect. It's a travesty they're not collected. I think they're better than ALL-STAR SUPERMAN and the animated series they're based on.

And I don't even know if I have them all.

They're not quite better than All-Star, but they certainly take less questionable liberties with the tone of the story and the characterisation of Luthor definitely foreshadows the characterisation of him in Red Son and All-Star (Millar and Morrison are close friends and worked together on the 'Superman 2000' pitch, so they probably shared ideas on certain characters, like Luthor).

They're riotously, recklessly better than the actual animated series they're based on, which frequently seemed to be ashamed of being a Superman show, despite interesting interpretations of villains and decent action scenes.

Last edited:
I actually want to guess, so I haven't read the body of the post yet.

William S. Burroughs

Edit: Damn...

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back