Ultimate Spider-Man #92 (Spoilers & Discussions)

the watcher

It starts off with Spidey waking up, and Deepool talking to another guy. The guy wants to take off spidey's mask. But Deepool says you have to respect the mask. They then toss spidey and the X-Men on the Island of... Krakoa! Spidey then takes down one of the bad guys and runs away. Only to run into Colossus. They then see Cyclopse's optic blast. They then help Scott take down three more baddies. The then run into Bonebreaker. Storm Takes him out with one bolt. A chopter then flies in and drops Kitty. Nightcrawler come in and Angel, Rogue and Jean comes in. Oh, and DIrishB. Angel was jus stopping by the Mansion for a visit. So your timeline is still in tack. Spidey says They kidnapped you out of your home and now they're going to kill you on TV?? Doesn't that sound rather inhumane? Deadpool and his goons show up and says, Well, that's one way to look at it. The other way to look at it is... You're sickening , unholy, genetic freaks who have no business bing alive in the first place. Pluse you animals are international mutant terrorists. We're doing the world a faver by putting uou down and we're going to entertain millions of people while we do it By the way, the guys here call me Deadpool you're about to find out why. So smile. You're about to make television history. So it looks like Mojo is behind this.

Not a bad issue. It was pretty good.

Last edited:
the watcher said:
Oh, and DIrishB. Angel was jus stopping by the Mansion for a visit. So your timeline is still in tack.

Yup...thank God Bendis didn't **** up the timeline any worse...course it seems hard to believe the Most Dangerous Game arc occurred only a month previously...Anyway, with the Magician not making an appearance, I'm assuming this arc occurs before "Date Night". Check the timeline for the update.

Anyway, I thought this issue was really weak. The plot hardly went anywhere, due to Bendis doing his usual crapola technique of having Peter and the other characters repeat themselves incessantly. I mean it took like four pages of Spidey asking where they were for him to finally get an answer. Seriously, the guy needs to take a new approach to his writing. No one talks like that. And as I said, it just makes the story drag along, almost making it painful to read. And will Spider-Man be losing a part of his costume every arc now? It sure seems that way. Deadpool was kind of a dissappointment, as the funniest thing he said all issue was "Hell yeah" in response to shocking Spidey again. Overall, very dissappointing.

2/5

This was a straighforward issue. Our hero gets dropped in Krakoa for team-up with the X-Men.

And I found myself enjoying it a lot! There was some great spidey banter and good action sequences with promises of more.

Spidey with Colossus acting as his straight man cracked me up (An I crack myself up for referring to Colossus as a straight man!).

When Colossus states that he was attacked by Storm and Spidey reveals he was attacked by Kitty :

Colossus : I believe we were attacked by shapeshifters.
Spidey : That, or the women are taking over the world. I've been warning the people about this but no one would listen!
Colossus : I don't think we should be joking right now.
Spidey : The shapeshifter theory was serious?

That was just fun. I also chuckled when Spider-Man complained about being interrupted during a ''Very poignant inner dialogue'', when Spidey wondered if Kitty was a shapeshifter and she whispered something in his ear to convince him, and at the ''Isn't this rather inhuman'' dialogue.

Most of the X-Men seemed in character to me thus far.

Just one question : Where's Iceman?

I always reserve final judgement for an arc after I get the chance to read it all in one sitting, but this is shaping up nicely for a light arc filled with more action and comedy then teenage angst which is fine by me.

4/5

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
I also chuckled when Spider-Man complained about being interrupted during a ''Very poignant inner dialogue'',

That would have been funny if Bendis hadn't used the same line several times already (and in recent history). He's just rehashing stuff, it seems, least to me.

when Spidey wondered if Kitty was a shapeshifter and she whispered something in his ear to convince him, and at the ''Isn't this rather inhuman'' dialogue.

That, I admit, was funny.

Most of the X-Men seemed in character to me thus far.

Just one question : Where's Iceman?

Good question...he was shown in the handcuffs before Spidey was zapped in the beginning of the issue, so I assume he's also on the island and will be showing up later on at some point.

the watcher said:
Except Ice after eating your brownies.

Good point.

Hi-Fi said:
Did Rogue and Jean have any lines in this issue?

Rogue none, Jean almost none. They both joined the group toward the very end of the issue.

DIrishB said:
Three times the info, three times the man-love. Thats Ultimate Central for you.

So you are saying that Ultimate Central is like a sauna where we talk about comics?

So. . .Bendis just ripped off Vaughan's "The Most Dangerous Game" arc, except replace Arcade with Deadpool.

. . .

This title needs a new creative team. Seriously.

Lynx said:
So. . .Bendis just ripped off Vaughan's "The Most Dangerous Game" arc, except replace Arcade with Deadpool.

Well, I wouldn't say "ripped off" is the appropriate term. He's just using the same island and idea (which makes sense given thats pretty much the purpose of the island). So its basically a continuation of that story.

. . .

This title needs a new creative team. Seriously.

That, I honestly wouldn't mind. I'm really getting tired of Bendis...well, mainly just his dialogue.

Additional thoughts ;

There is an aspect of fanatism at play here. Bone-naga dude clearly stated that they sacrificed their body for what they believe in.

And like most fanatics, they're completely unable to rub two neurons together in order to produce a single rational thought.

Consider Deadpool's speech on the last issue, where he calls mutants ''Sickening, unholy genetic freak that have no business being alive...''. Uh uh. And what's that behind you, Deadpool? Yeah, an army of murderous freaks. Every last one of them freakier looking than the weirdest looking mutant we've seen so far.

Oooh, but they look more like Cyborgs than genetic manipulation so their DNA might still be human. And they chose to become monster instead of being born with unique genes. So that makes it okay to be a living chainsaw but evil to be a mutant.

Oooookay. We're dealing with fanatics of the first order. I suspect we'll delve deeper into that next issue.

---

Is Deadpool a mutant? He's the only one who looks normal. If he has any kind of powers, (He has a healing factor in 616, right?), mutants seems more likely than cyborg freak.

---

Scott : Ready?
Colossus : Ready.
Storm: Ready.
Spider-man : Meh.

:lol:

---

Wolverine doesn't seem to be there. Didn't see him in the chopper.

Can you believe it? A cross-over that Wolverine isn't part of! And one that involve the X-men, no less. The end of the world is nigh.

He still managed to be mentioned, though.

---

It's not a ripp-off of BKV's story. It's a follow up. Someone had to do it, right? BKV's story ended with Mojo still free and no significant change in the statu quo of Genosha. It's just surprising that it occurs in USM instead of UXM. But people often complain there isn't enough connectivity between titles. Well, here is some.

Last edited:
E.Vi.L. said:
It's not a ripp-off of BKV's story. It's a follow up. Someone had to do it, right? BKV's story ended with Mojo still free and no significant change in the statu quo of Genosha. It's just surprising that it occurs in USM instead of UXM. But people often complain there isn't enough connectivity between titles. Well, here is some.

I still think it's a ripoff. They're stuck on the island. Again. And there's a hunter-type character after them. Again. It just has Spidey instead of Longshot and Deadpool instead of Arcade this time around.

And, to be honest, I don't think Bendis plans to deal with Mojo. There's no mention of it at all. It would have been a much better "follow-up" if a competent UXM writer dealt with Magento and Longshot taking Mojo, Krakoa and Genosha down.

Last edited:
I like the fact that they've been dragged back to Genosha. I'd like to see Mojo behind it rather than someone else manipulating and mimicing Mojo's original idea.

How do I feel about Deadpool at this point? I think Deadpool's line's are a decent nod to 616's sarcasm and humor but I don't think we're getting the full Ultimate Deadpool exposure. What's worse is I don't think we're going to get it before this arc is done either... :?

Very happy the timeline isn't ****ed up. Overall the issue was stale. I like the concept but I don't think we got anywhere with this. I hope the next one is better.

2.5/5

Latest posts

Back