Ultimate Fantastic Four #9 discussion (SPOILERS)

E

Excelsior Club
Good issue. I liked the "robot manipulators" bit tying into the bugs, although I thought that indicated Doombots when he first mentioned it. Actually, it still might. :D

All the talk about the FF meeting up with Dooms army (see October solits - http://www.ultimatecentral.com/modu...id=52&mode=thread&order=0&thold=0) has me wondering - maybe Doombots after all? Or maybe the guy's tattoo from issue #8 turns out to be something Doom uses to control people, consciously or subconsciously.

I thought in was interesting how we see Johnny and Sue both "max out" their powers and suffer physically from it, even though it doesn't seem in either case like they came anywhere near the max of their powers in 616. Good way of showing them slowly realizing what amazing things they can do without making them into super gods or something.

I also like how Ellis/Immonen are using the flashbacks (in this issue with the robot manipulators comment and in #7 looking back at the accident). I like how they are actively using previous writers' work and not ignoring it or only mentioning it in passing.

Thoughts?

I also liked the fact that they had limits, so many times super-heroes are given god-like strength and power. As weird as it sounds I liked to see the heroes in pain while using their powers.

I enjoyed ben and Johnny's interaction in this issue, I'm glad their witty banner together has been started this early.

I also liked the fact that they had limits, so many times super-heroes are given god-like strength and power. As weird as it sounds I liked to see the heroes in pain while using their powers.

I don't think it sounds weird; it's exactly why I don't read Superman.

I enjoyed ben and Johnny's interaction in this issue

Good point. I'd like to see something to make them bond so it doesn't come off as them just being mean to each other. No matter what happens in the 616 F4 you know they are like brothers...they haven't reached that point yet in Ultimate.

I also liked the fact that they are still learning what they can do with their powers. It makes the book more intresting that way.

Anyone agrees?

All of us do.

I haven't gotten the issue... I only recieved the cardboard backing that protects the comics in the mail. There was no comic or plastic wrapper that was given to my mailbox. True story. Subscription problems strike me for the first time and they have to be this drastic?

Goodwill I hope you contacted Marvel about that so they can send you a replacement...

Well let's hope so. It wasn't right how you got it. If it was me, I would have been super pissed! But either way the issue still rocked. Fav. part, Johnnys big blow out scene. And when hes trying to give himslef a name.

Yeah, I did... Is that what they do? Send replacements?

Not sure since I don't have any subscriptions. They would either replace those issues or credit your subscription and extend it.

Yeah, that's what I thought. Luckily, I found a comic shop in Jersey and I picked up the issue!

The issue, I thought, was a good one, though, I wanna see more Doom! I thought that Thing was great... He's giving Spidey a run for his money with one liners!

Luckily, I found a comic shop in Jersey and I picked up the issue!
Is it the JAY AND SILENT BOB'S SECRET STASH store? If not have you ever heard of it or been to it?

Thing was great... He's giving Spidey a run for his money with one liners!
Got to love those one liners! Its passing the funny mark that Spidey's one liners leave.

I haven't heard of that store before... I went to a place by the Jersey shore... Collector's Corner and Twilight Video. Pretty good store but very, VERY small.

Thing outta team up with Spider-Man rather than the Human Torch, it would make for a great team-up.

Latest posts

Back