Check out this unused Bryan Hitch cover...

E

Excelsior Club
This was in this week's Lying in the Gutters - an unused UFF cover by Bryan Hitch. I'd venture to guess that this was scrapped in favor of the slightly less grossening cover for #2 by Kubert:

hitch-uff-reed1.jpg

Yes - I meant the cover that was eventually used for #2, not #2 itself, if that makes sense. The original arc, of course, had 5 covers (not including #6 which was not originally intended for the 1st arc) - 1 group, one each of the four individuals. The only cover Hitch didn't do of the first arc was the one of Reed - #2.

The old Miken would take shots at Hitch, and say his baby starved to death over the two month period it took to draw this but I learned the hard way Millar Worlders can't take a joke, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

Miken_Ayers said:
The old Miken would take shots at Hitch, and say his baby starved to death over the two month period it took to draw this but I learned the hard way Millar Worlders can't take a joke, so I'll keep my mouth shut.

:lol: It was the "goth incident" that did it to you.

UltimateE said:
Miken_Ayers said:

:lol: It was the "goth incident" that did it to you.

Actually it's the Nazi accusations.

Oh yeah - forgot about that one. You really are quite a horrible person!

reed could stretch his actual eyeball - why bother stretching the optic nerve? if he has no internal organs does he even need optic nerves? don't tell me we've got ultimate ff continuity problems already! :wink:

ThatOneGuy said:
reed could stretch his actual eyeball - why bother stretching the optic nerve? if he has no internal organs does he even need optic nerves? don't tell me we've got ultimate ff continuity problems already! :wink:

No the continuity problems came to their origin taking place in present day, despite the fact the FF and Doom have been heavily referenced in other Ultimate titles. IE the Geldoff arc in USM.

Also, we don't know really whether or not Reed has a need for an optic nerve because I don't think we are finished learning about his anatomy. It should be good, though.

Interesting cover... :)

Miken_Ayers said:
No the continuity problems came to their origin taking place in present day, despite the fact the FF and Doom have been heavily referenced in other Ultimate titles. IE the Geldoff arc in USM.

i know - i was being sarcastic. :wink:

Doom wasn't referenced, just Latveria. We don't know who the hell was experimenting on poor ole Geldoff... We can't jump to conclusions that it was Doom.

Also, the references can be easily explained... Reed was mentioned by Peter's father in the first issue of the Venom arc about an article about him in Time or something... He's a kid genius, why wouldn't they pick up on something like that. Reed Richards has a lab named after him in the ESU science wing... It's present day by then and he's a world renouned physisist that has been one since he was in his diapers. I don't see anymore other than Peter saying "Oh, the Fantastic Four doesn't even do this". That's because they are now smack in between the rest of the Ultimate titles. Why is this so hard to follow?

Alright...! Speak up for yourself and show me that you've got my back! I know I'm gonna be disrespected around here for going and rui0ning their fun of trashing the title! :)

Goodwill, your explanation sounds good to me. You're right; even though Reed for example is previously referenced, there's nothing saying he's not a 20-something. I'll buy it - let's see if someone else wants to pick it apart. :p

Goodwill said:
Doom wasn't referenced, just Latveria. We don't know who the hell was experimenting on poor ole Geldoff... We can't jump to conclusions that it was Doom.

Also, the references can be easily explained... Reed was mentioned by Peter's father in the first issue of the Venom arc about an article about him in Time or something... He's a kid genius, why wouldn't they pick up on something like that. Reed Richards has a lab named after him in the ESU science wing... It's present day by then and he's a world renouned physisist that has been one since he was in his diapers. I don't see anymore other than Peter saying "Oh, the Fantastic Four doesn't even do this". That's because they are now smack in between the rest of the Ultimate titles. Why is this so hard to follow?

Victor Von Doom was mentioned several times in Team Up.

I've already asked and this particular site considers UTU as Ultimate continuity. But I'm still behind you on this buddy!

Latest posts

Back