One Year Later Changes

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
On News-A-Rama is a interview with Dan DiDio.

DAN DIDIO ON MORE DC CHANGES

This week's edition of Wizard Magazine provided some additions to the ever-growing pool of info regarding the make-up of the DC Universe and its "One Year Later"/post-Infinite Crisis line-up of titles.

While the DC offices were of course closed Thursday and Friday, Newsarama managed to track down DC's Dan DiDio on our special 24-hour hotline for five minutes of his time and a few brief comments on some of the new information.

Each title includes the information revealed to this date followed by DiDio's comments…

# Keith Giffen, John Rogers, and Cully Hamner new Blue Beetle ongoing: "Keith Giffen and screenwriter, John Rogers, are all set to take on a new Blue Beetle monthly starting next spring, and Cully Hamner's new look for the character is quite amazing. But before the series starts, the scarab pops up in Infinite Crisis #3.

# Bill Willingham Shadowpact ongoing series: "Bill Willingham will be both writer and artist on this series, as the Shadowpact spins out from Infinite Crisis: Day of Vengeance Special. Bill has been looking for the right project to pencil and I'm glad he picked this one for his return. As for Justiniano, stay tuned, big plans to be soon announced."

# Geoff Johns & Kurt Busiek on Superman/Action Comics crossover, and a James Robinson written storyline crossing-over Detective Comics and Batman: "We have planned stories to help re-establish Superman and Batman in the post-Crisis DC Universe. What follows each of these arcs? Let's save that for another day."

# Greg Rucka on Supergirl: "Greg Rucka joins Ian Churchill on Supergirl, 'One Year Later'. What can I say, Greg loves strong women.

# Rucka and Jesus Saiz on Checkmate series: "What can I say, Greg loves board games. This series spins directly out of, surprise, surprise, Infinite Crisis: OMAC Project Special and Jesus Saiz did a wonderful job designing the new Checkmate. Look for a lot of familiar faces, meta and non-meta, to fill the chessboard.

# New Wonder Woman series illustrated by Terry Dodson: "More announcements shortly on follow ups to some recently cancelled series."

# Ron Marz & Greg Tocchini Ion series: Ron did such a great job filling you in, you don't need me here.

# Anything new that you can add Dan??: "Two members of the extended Bat-family are seeing some changes as well. Bruce Jones steps in as writer of Nightwing while Adam Beechen and Karl Kerschl take on Robin. As for who is in the costumes … that's still open for discussion…

"Whew … glad you didn't ask me anything about Aquaman."

Last edited:
That's good new about the Superman and Batman crossovers. Plus I'm looking forward to Rucka's run on Supergirl. A new Blue Beelte series. I wonder if it's a prequel or if there will be a new BB?

thee great one said:
Keith Giffen, John Rogers, and Cully Hamner new Blue Beetle ongoing: "Keith Giffen and screenwriter, John Rogers, are all set to take on a new Blue Beetle monthly starting next spring, and Cully Hamner's new look for the character is quite amazing. But before the series starts, the scarab pops up in Infinite Crisis #3.
I'm buying that.

thee great one said:
# Bill Willingham Shadowpact ongoing series: "Bill Willingham will be both writer and artist on this series, as the Shadowpact spins out from Infinite Crisis: Day of Vengeance Special. Bill has been looking for the right project to pencil and I'm glad he picked this one for his return. As for Justiniano, stay tuned, big plans to be soon announced."
I'm buying that.

thee great one said:
# Geoff Johns & Kurt Busiek on Superman/Action Comics crossover, and a James Robinson written storyline crossing-over Detective Comics and Batman: "We have planned stories to help re-establish Superman and Batman in the post-Crisis DC Universe. What follows each of these arcs? Let's save that for another day."
Eh. Depends on how IC shakes out.

thee great one said:
# Greg Rucka on Supergirl: "Greg Rucka joins Ian Churchill on Supergirl, 'One Year Later'. What can I say, Greg loves strong women.
Nope.

thee great one said:
# Rucka and Jesus Saiz on Checkmate series: "What can I say, Greg loves board games. This series spins directly out of, surprise, surprise, Infinite Crisis: OMAC Project Special and Jesus Saiz did a wonderful job designing the new Checkmate. Look for a lot of familiar faces, meta and non-meta, to fill the chessboard.
Nope

thee great one said:
# New Wonder Woman series illustrated by Terry Dodson: "More announcements shortly on follow ups to some recently cancelled series."
Nope. Still don't care about WW

thee great one said:
# Ron Marz & Greg Tocchini Ion series: Ron did such a great job filling you in, you don't need me here.
maybe. I'm not a big Marz fan, but alot of reviews I've read have been talking him up lately. I might get this.

thee great one said:
# Anything new that you can add Dan??: "Two members of the extended Bat-family are seeing some changes as well. Bruce Jones steps in as writer of Nightwing while Adam Beechen and Karl Kerschl take on Robin. As for who is in the costumes … that's still open for discussion…
I hope Robin isn't Tim Drake. And if Dick Grayson isn't Nightwing I'm not buying it.

Last edited:
It seems that the scarab has been popping up more and more lately. I'm curious, though - in Countdown to Infinite Crisis, it was established that Ted had had the scarab in his possession for some time. I'm just wondering why he didn't use it.

I'm guessing the new Beetle, whoever it is, is going to be using the scarab. Although nobody will ever be as great as Ted Kord.

UPDATED

"Spinning out from Infinite Crisis: Villains United Special, there will be new secrets and a new six in the Gail Simone/Brad Walker Secret Six mini-series.

"Not sure how things can change One Year Later when the stories are taking place thousands of years in the future, but the future is about to get more exciting in the newly titled Supergirl and the Legion of Superheroes. And no, that is not a typo, wide awake now.

"Lastly, since you asked so nicely, Aquaman becomes Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis with issue #40. But I think that might raise more questions than answers.

So the lame new Supergirl gets two titles, it seems, and Aquaman gets renamed to some generic title. Oh well. Let's hope that Ian Churchill isn't allowed anywhere near Supergirl anymore. He draws her with the most anorexic arms I've ever seen.

Latest posts

Back