Mystique and Kurt, Polaris and Magneto

Should their relations carry over?

• Total voters

TheManWithoutFear

#1 reason not to join UC
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Fanboys :roll:

Does anyone else think the relationship between these 2 sets of relations should carry over into the Ultimate Universe?

I vote no. Just because Nightcrawler is blue does not mean he's Mystique's kid. If you want proof? Mystique is most likely going to have Blue skin or scales and Nightcrawler has blue fur.

And no one was even sure of Polaris and Magneto's relations. Remember just before HoM when we weren't 100% positive about it until in HoM it was announced she was. So it's a secondary plot point dealing with a relationship that most people didn't give a crap about.

Furthermore these relationships are not the same as Sue and Johnny, Cyclops and Havok, Magneto and Wanda/Pietro, etc...

Mystique and Kurt - absolutely not, under any circumstances.

Polaris and Magneto - I would prefer for them not to, but I wouldn't have a problem if they did.

I feel these family revelations flirt with Soap opera territory.

I mean, if Mystique and Magneto are ex-lovers, Mystique is Kurt's mother and Magneto is Lorna's father... Next thing you know, Lorna will dump havok for Kurt, get pregnant and then a gloating Mystique will reveal to them that they are brother and sister. ugh!

Star Wars pulled off the mystery relative schtick well enough but then made it lame for any other author of a pop culture medium to try it.

Last edited:
UltimateE said:

Polaris and Magneto - I would prefer for them not to, but I wouldn't have a problem if they did.

I will say Polaris and Magneto would at least make sense considering their powers but I've always thought one of the more fascinating traits with him was Pietro and Wanda's mother and the untold love between her and Magneto. I think it was brought up briefly in one of the arcs and it said she was even human.

Now there's two types of villains

The type that can't control themselves and the type that are actually intelligent and regardless of their actions, status, and goals, have some type of class.

If I had to picture Magneto having relations with another woman it would cheapen his character for me.

The relationship makes sense but I'd rather not see it happen and there's no reason for it too happen.

And if it does happen they better do it now so I don't have to deal with somewhere down the road all of a sudden he's her father story because it was good for Empire but that was decades ago.

Last edited:
marvelman said:
better watch out calling people fanboys, MWOF!!

:twisted: :wink: :lol:

I can do whatever I want on these boards. Don't worry though, a thread's going up on how E's lack of control on his members is hurting messageboards across the net :crazy:

Good job E, you're like the parent that let's their kids do anything and when they get out to the outside world everyone says, "Oh if I was their mother, I'd slap them."

TheManWithoutFear said:
Good job E, you're like the parent that let's their kids do anything and when they get out to the outside world everyone says, "Oh if I was their mother, I'd slap them."

:lol:

UltimateE said:
Laugh it up. I heard the administrators of all the other boards are plotting to assasinate you. Which has always been my plan. Because once you're gone I will take over UltimateCentral or should I say UltimateDaredevilCentral and ban everyone but me.

Or maybe I'll just call it "CartmanLand".

Um Yeah so Blue skin and magnetic powers.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Laugh it up. I heard the administrators of all the other boards are plotting to assasinate you. Which has always been my plan. Because once you're gone I will take over UltimateCentral or should I say UltimateDaredevilCentral and ban everyone but me.

Or maybe I'll just call it "CartmanLand".

Um Yeah so Blue skin and magnetic powers.
Tony is Kurt's half-brother?

Guijllons said:
Tony is Kurt's half-brother?
:shock: OH MY GOD! You're right!!

*Throws on lab coat, lenseless-thick glasses, and pulls out the portable chalk board. Starts doodling a picture of a stick-figure infront of a house with a smiley face on the sun*

If blue skin = relation

than Thing is Charles Xavier's father!! Eurkeka!! :rockon:

It makes so much sense it's STUPID!

Last edited:
TheManWithoutFear said:
That's nice E.Vi.L make fun of the fact that I'm missing three of my fingers on my left hand and type slower than you. :cry: Real ****in' cool jackass! :x
I hope you lost them in an amusing way. Otherwise we're just gonna have to retcon you in a totally unconvincing fashion. Which brings us right back on topic.

No relations, Ryho is right, it's too soap opera-ish.

UltimateE said:

I agree with E here I wouldnt mine at all cuz they both have the exact same powers. Unless there are some differences im not aware of.

Last edited:
slimjim said:
I agree with E hear I wouldnt mine at all cuz they both have the exact same powers. Unless there are some differences im not aware of.
But there's an inconsistency there. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver don't have magnetic powers so why should Polaris? If that's the way the gene pool works, where you recieve you're mutant father's gene than Proteus, Wanda, Pietro should all have their father's exact same powers. Though I'm sure there's subtle differences in Polaris powers but it's still magnetic based.

slimjim said:
I agree with E hear I wouldnt mine at all cuz they both have the exact same powers. Unless there are some differences im not aware of.
But Quicksilver and Northstar both have similar powers, but no-one would consider those two to be related even though Pietro and Wanda's powers have no relation to their fathers at all.

I think it's silly to pop in relationships due to similarity of powers, especially since mutancy is such a contrived tool for superheroes in the first place. The whole Rasputin family have different powers from each other, as do the Guthrie's.

In fact, the only two that di have similar powers are the Summers brothers, and if gambit was the third, then well, we can see another link. But this would be the only case.

TheManWithoutFear said:
But there's an inconsistency there. Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver don't have magnetic powers so why should Polaris? If that's the way the gene pool works, where you recieve you're mutant father's gene than Proteus, Wanda, Pietro should all have their father's exact same powers. Though I'm sure there's subtle differences in Polaris powers but it's still magnetic based.
Well I still think thats better reason then because your blue. Mystique doesnt even have the golden smoke constantly coming out her mouth.(I still dont get why Millar added that to kurt:? )

I like the relationship between Mystique and Kurt. As for Polaris and Magneto, it's been said she's his daughter, but once again, there was talk circulating around somewhere that it might be false again. So really, we dont even freaking know for 100% again. And that I dont even care if they're related in the UU or not.

icemastertron said:
I like the relationship between Mystique and Kurt.

Great, but that's not what I asked. Do you see a need for them to be related in the Ultimate Universe? Or is it just because they're related in 616 that you think it'd be cool to see it happen.

*coughcough
TheManWithoutFear said:
Fanboys :roll:
cough*

.... ok, that wasn't as subtle as i wanted:innocent:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back