Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
Metal Gear Solid 4 Guns Of The Patriots *Spoilers*

OH MY HIGH SWEET HEAVEN ABOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The greatest video game series of all time is coming back. On the PS3 no less.
On IGN there is a article and 9 minute trailer for the game.

The world is brown, broken. Buildings lie burnt and shattered. Streets are twisted and mangled. Some war ruined this place. Some war ruins it still.

Soldiers prowl the futuristic battlefield, boasting their technological might. Bipedal personal war machines saunter alongside heavily armored tanks, almost strutting with artificial bravado. Above, helicopters rumble, tearing the very air apart. Air... And smoke. And dust.

This one has life.

The world is shown from the first-person. Hideo is taunting us. Is this an FPS? No way! Snake appears suddenly. Old and gray, he leaps forward like an animal and out come the CQC maneuvers. Soldiers fall helplessly before him. In someway we're reminded of Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns. Age is not synonymous with weakness, anyway.

With his victims before him and their comrades rapidly approaching, Snake makes a hasty retreat behind cover. He's hidings among some debris. Effective as he was, the fight still seems to have taken its toll. He's worn now. His body is showing it, too. Though the injections he self-administers seem to calm his ailments, it's obvious our hero has lived better days.

Nowhere to hide.

That's what Kojima promised at E3. Does he mean from Death? Can Snake not escape the reaper that comes for us all? Is his time nearly up? Or maybe Kojima was just talking about Otacon. Maybe Snake can't hide from him. The old nerd seems to have attached himself to a mini-gear. But before the vid-link conversation can carry on for too long, Snake vaults back out into the fray.

Suddenly he's being hunted again. He flips the Solid Eye personal viewer on to get his electronic bearings. Then he's off. Through the air, between bullets and away from pouncing gears, he goes. He's running. Snake's running. Running and running and running. Not hiding. If he stops, they'll kill him.

I think I'm going to cry.

Last edited:
What he maeans by "nowhere to hide" is that the enviorment is always changing like if u hide under a car the car will move

Isn't this and GTA4 the two games getting released with the PS3?

In honor of this news, a repost of the Metal Gear series timeline.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence 1960-1972 (PS3)
Metal Gear 1995 (PS3)
Metal Gear - Snake's Revenge 1997 (NES)
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake 1999 (PS3)
Metal Gear Solid - Ghost Babel 2002 (GC)
Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes 2005 (GC)
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance 2007-2009 (PS3)
Metal Gear Acid 2016 (PSP)
Metal Gear Acid 2 2017 (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots 2019 (PS3)

Last edited:
They really should make some remakes from the nes and game boy games...

It looks like MGS4 takes place 10 years after the Arsenal Gear thing...
Can't wait to get my hands on it... Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game i played and Kojima wil not let me down with MGS4

And snake is such a old badass, like Sean Connery... :D

thee great one said:
I wanna know how Snake loses his eye.

That was revealed in Metal Gear Solid: Never Run With Scissors.

And in case you can't figure out that, Snake ran with scissors.

In the art that was showed before the video we see many ppl related to the game

Vamp
Meryl
Raiden and a baby (possibly Olga's)
Snake
Otacon
Ocelot
And Big Boss body <-- i Wanna know what they want with his body (maybe do a cyborg like GrayFox)
AND a misterious woman

And i don't think Snake lost his eye that thing look more like a bionic eye or something...

Last edited:
Ah, ok. Now I wonder, too what they want with it.

I haven't played MGS3 since last year, but didnt is show there how Big Boss lost his eye?

icemastertron said:
Ah, ok. Now I wonder, too what they want with it.

I haven't played MGS3 since last year, but didnt is show there how Big Boss lost his eye?

Big Boss lost his eye with a bullet from Ocelot's gun when he tried shooting Eva.

Solid Snake is using a patch that enchances his abilities it's called Solid Eye System aparently

Ultimate Quicksilver said:
Big Boss lost his eye with a bullet from Ocelot's gun when he tried shooting Eva.

Solid Snake is using a patch that enchances his abilities it's called Solid Eye System aparently
Gotcha. Thought you meant Big Boss, hehe.

I so cant wait to get this game. The title rocks as it is.

They really should make some remakes from the nes and game boy games...

Very true. But the good news is both the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake are available on the MGS3 - Subsistence PS2 game, not sure if they're unlockables or playable right from the get-go, but they're there. Now all we need is Snake's Revenge (maybe on MGS4?) and we'll be good.

It looks like MGS4 takes place 10 years after the Arsenal Gear thing...
Can't wait to get my hands on it...

Which game was the Arsenal Gear from? I only ask so I can update the timeline.

Metal Gear Solid 3 is the best game i played and Kojima wil not let me down with MGS4

And snake is such a old badass, like Sean Connery... :D

DIrishB said:
Which game was the Arsenal Gear from? I only ask so I can update the timeline.

Metal Gear Solid 2. Arsenal Gear was the Big Shell.

thee great one said:
I wanna know how Snake loses his eye.

He didn't. It's a sight for his gun and Metal Gear Mark II, apparently.

DIrishB said:
In honor of this news, a repost of the Metal Gear series timeline.

Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence 1964 (PS2)
Metal Gear 1995 (NES)
Metal Gear - Snake's Revenge 1997 (NES)
Metal Gear 2 - Solid Snake 1999 (NES)
Metal Gear Solid - Ghost Babel 2002 (GBC)
Metal Gear Solid - The Twin Snakes 2005 (GC)
Metal Gear Solid 2 - Substance 2007-2009 (PS2)
Metal Gear Acid 2016 (PSP)
Metal Gear Acid 2 2017 (PSP)
Metal Gear Solid 4 - Guns of the Patriots ???? (PS3)

Snake's Revenge is not apart of the timeline. In fact, it wasn't made by Kojima OR Konami. It was made by Ultra Games. It was also a CRAP game.
Ghost Babel is also not apart of the timeline because it blatantley contradicts both Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid. It's considered an alternate sequel to Metal Gear 1. Still, one of the best games I've played for the GBC. I'm replaying it now, in fact, because the MGS4 trailer has me psyched (And I can't play the Solid series at work. I don't have AC!D yet).

The ONLY thing I don't particularly like is how old Snake is. Still, it should be an absolutley brilliant game, like every other Metal gear game that isn't Snake's Revenge. Yes, I'm a Metal Gear geek. :wink:

Arsenal Gear = Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty - Plant part (2009)

Gotcha.

Lynx said:
Snake's Revenge is not apart of the timeline. In fact, it wasn't made by Kojima OR Konami. It was made by Ultra Games. It was also a CRAP game.

I know a lot of people don't consider it a part of the timeline, but as far as I know it doesn't contradict anything, so why not include it?

Ghost Babel is also not apart of the timeline because it blatantley contradicts both Metal Gear 2 and Metal Gear Solid.

How so? I don't remember it contradicting anything, though its been several years since I played it (borrowed it from my buddy who was a Metal Gear freak).

It's considered an alternate sequel to Metal Gear 1. Still, one of the best games I've played for the GBC. I'm replaying it now, in fact, because the MGS4 trailer has me psyched (And I can't play the Solid series at work. I don't have AC!D yet).

A lot of people that have played Acid say they didn't like it due to the card based turn system (too different than the other Metal Gears I assume). I haven't played either so I can't comment.

The ONLY thing I don't particularly like is how old Snake is. Still, it should be an absolutley brilliant game, like every other Metal gear game that isn't Snake's Revenge. Yes, I'm a Metal Gear geek.

If it only takes place 10 years after MGS2, why does he look so old? According to Hideo's own timeline, Snake was born in 1971, meaning if this game does take place in 2019 he'd be 48. He looks about 60 in the MGS4 screens, so either it takes place more than 10 years after MGS2, or Snake doesn't age gracefully.

Latest posts

Back