Dumb Ultimization.

Which is the dumbest Ultimization so far.....

• Iron Man: a human brain

Votes: 17 41.5%
  • Black Widow: Super-Athlete

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wasp: Mutant

• Thor: looney liberal

• Scarlet Witch and Quick Silver: Apparent incest

• Ultimate Reserves

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Captian France: He exsists

Votes: 5 12.2%
  • Defenders: No powers

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Venom and Carnage: created in a lab

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Dr. Doom: Skin is metal

Votes: 4 9.8%
  • Green and Hobgoblin: acctual goblins

• Black Cat: hair is black and wears white wig

• Skrulls: Chitauri

• Daredevil: doesn't show up often enough

• Colossus: he's gay

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Xavier

• Phoenix: American diety

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Emma Frost: pacifist

• Storm & Beast: dated

• Spider-Man & Shadow Cat: dating

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted for Venom and Carnage because they went from supervillains to supercliches.

However, I was sorely tempted to vote for Captain France. :lol: Best. Reason. Ever.

Iron Man was great until Card got near him.

Xavier a slut?And some seem to be there just to take up space.

With a lot of those choices, it's not as much dumb as drastic, strange, or inappropriate.

If dumbest = the worst, then it's human brain Tony Stark by a mile.

UltimateE said:
With a lot of those choices, it's not as much dumb as drastic, strange, or inappropriate.

I actually tried really hard not to agree, if only not to look so damned biased, but I'm sorry --- Iron Man is still the worst, the dumbest and the most inane of them all.

I've not read Ellis' current Iron Man series, but from the way he's described him in interviews:
Warren Ellis said:
Back in the '60s, it was just possible to have an arms dealer as a hero --- and Tony Stark was an arms dealer. He just happened to be America's arms dealer. If he was around today, Michael Moore or Oliver Stone would be making documentaries about him.
I don't know far Ellis pursues that angle, but that's about as Ultimate as you can get.

ourchair said:
I've not read Ellis' current Iron Man series, but from the way he's described him in interviews:

Warren Ellis said:
Back in the '60s, it was just possible to have an arms dealer as a hero --- and Tony Stark was an arms dealer. He just happened to be America's arms dealer. If he was around today, Michael Moore or Oliver Stone would be making documentaries about him.

I don't know far Ellis pursues that angle, but that's about as Ultimate as you can get.

You should, its a great read.

True statement, there was a scene in the first issue with a Moore-esque character making a movie about Tony.

UltimateE said:

I wholeheartedly agree.

Beast and Storm dating, no problemo, they made a great couple. Beast dying? I didn't like it, but that was the whole point. The Union? Great idea, just wish they could be explored more. Captain France? Who cares? Black Widow being a super enhanced athlete makes sense, she's the best Russian equivalent of Cap. Wasp, mutant, makes sense (I mean, in 616, Hank and Jan take the same formula, but only Jan grows wings?!?). Thor, no problems with him, because I strongly believe there's gonna be more to Thor coming up. Wanda and Pietro, they're just creepy, in a funny way. It's not incest. The Reserves, no, I really didn't like that idea, it cheapens the rest of the Ultimates, and maybe that was Millars point, but I disagree with their introduction. I can only hope they all get slaughtered by Ultron. Defenders, come on, they're hardly revered characters in 616, and it's refreshing to see someone without powers, just a bunch of wannabees. I can accept that Venom (and Carnage) were lab accidents, it's better than being alien symbiotes. The problem with those stories was in the execution, in particular for Venom. With the two month gap in Carnage, it would have much more sense to have an actual two month gap. I must be the only person around who thought Doom was perfect. Just because he wasn't immediately a dictator, he was still arrogant, pompous, vaguely ignorant and more than threatening. A brilliant Ultimization in my opinion. Same goes for Green Goblin and to a lesser extent Hobgoblin (although like Venom and Carnage, the problem there was in the execution). Black Cat wearing a wig? What? What? Who gives a flying fu... Skrulls/Chitauri, brilliantly written, a hundred times better than being green pointy eared chin aliens. Daredevil, it's good that he doesn't show up much, because he's exactly the same as the regular Daredevil. We only need one on a regular basis, keep UDD for guest appearences. Colossus is gay? Xavier being a little more sinister and creepy works greatly. Phoenix..... meh. Never liked the idea. Emma Frost.... she's overused everywhere else, nice to see a change to the character. Spiderman and Kitty? Genius. Absolutely genius. Finally, we get a break from that bloody Mary Jane. I hate her.

If I was to add to that, I'd include the (apparent) death of Gambit, Juggernauts being a mutant and not related to Xavier, the apparent ressurection of Hammerhead, Vision being a robot from space, Sabretooth getting offed, Gwen being killed by a lump of red goo, Ultimate Punisher and Daredevil being...... 616 Punisher and Daredevil, Elektra being dark mysterious cliche lady, the FF time travelling, subterranean monsters, Iceman being an irritating little prick, Hulk never having that 'HULK SMASH' tatoo he was shown to sport in early art, Tony Stark being blue, Mystique not being the cat, the majority of Ultimate Team Up and having the principal be the bad guy in UA.

And breathe.

I voted Ultimate Dr.Doom. Wtf is he doing in denmark?

Fuzzy Birds said:
He landed there after the accident, you anti-Denmark person you.

He's from Denmark!!!!

Doom was an ok ultimization....the main problem was the storyline sucking.

Johnny Bravo said:
He's from Denmark!!!!

Was he? Huh. Don't remember that. I thought he was Transylvanian or something. Probably because of the Dracula connection. Anyway, I'm sure that was where he landed, but I suppose that would be too much of a coincidence.

I find, alongside Spiderman and Daredevil, Doom is one of those characters who always seems to stay the same, I for one applaud Ellis on his drastic take. he can't be a dictator straight away, he's gotta start somewhere.

Fuzzy Birds said:
Was he? Huh. Don't remember that. I thought he was Transylvanian or something. Probably because of the Dracula connection. Anyway, I'm sure that was where he landed, but I suppose that would be too much of a coincidence.

Lol no, Seacow's from Denmark!

ourchair said:
I've not read Ellis' current Iron Man series, but from the way he's described him in interviews:I don't know far Ellis pursues that angle, but that's about as Ultimate as you can get.

Here's a thread where Bass and I said the same thing. The contrast between the quality of the two books is astounding.

Just for the record, when I put the Colossus mention in the querry, I don't mean it as a wack at the homosexual community, i meant it more as 'if there had to be a gay character' make it someone other than Colossus.

I chose captain France, he kinda covers the Union in this instance. I am Okay with Captain Britian being super-boy, but a whoe little army of super-boys? If there is one thing I hate, it's duplicates. That is why I hate the SM clone saga, there's two SPider-Men. That's why it pissed me off when Ult. Sabretooth had adamaniun claws, and I don't like X23. I don't like Black Widow's Iron outfit, and I hate how the union is the same unit used over and over again.

Just for the record, when I put the Colossus mention in the querry, I don't mean it as a wack at the homosexual community, i meant it more as 'if there had to be a gay character' make it someone other than Colossus.

I chose captain France, he kinda covers the Union in this instance. I am Okay with Captain Britian being super-boy, but a whoe little army of super-boys? If there is one thing I hate, it's duplicates. That is why I hate the SM clone saga, there's two SPider-Men. That's why it pissed me off when Ult. Sabretooth had adamaniun claws, and I don't like X23. I don't like Black Widow's Iron outfit, and I hate how the union is the same unit used over and over again.

For the record, I have nothing against gay people, but COLOSSUS???? COme ON. I could pick a handful of characters they could have done this to, and I would be ok, even Nightcrawler to an extent, but colossus....i just dont like it. Btw, Union = Backstreet Boys and N*Sync

Latest posts

Back