Bully

Goodwill

Rockstar's next biggest titlel takes place in a school. Yes, you read right, a school. The main character? A deliquent whose reputation for bad behavior in public school procedes him as he's dumped in boarding school by his mother. Sound interesting enough? :) This title will be rated T for Teen in hopes that Rockstar can lay off the contreversy for a while and, at the same time, shell out a game where you can still beat unsuspecting people up with mallets and the like. I've been trying to find information on this game on the computer, but to no avail. I've seen screens of the game and it looks to me like the kid's going down as video games' Dennis the Menace. The article read like it was going to be a game similar to GTA, only with missions inside a school... You can give kids swirlies for information, beat kids up on an expansive playground (Not that the school itself will be a big enough one for you), etc. We'll see how this goes, right, guys?

Oh God, I can see the parents lining up to protest already...

Do we get slutty high school tramps like my school had?

As one would expect, several groups are already protesting this game.

But it's not like Rockstar wasn't expecting this, especially setting the game in a school. :lol:

Gamespot said:
Bully draws protesters to Rockstar's front doors

Washington, D.C.-based group marches on developer's Manhattan headquarters to protest marketing of violent games to children.

Although the Hot Coffee isn't quite as piping hot as it has been of late, the fallout over the hidden sex minigames in Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is still simmering. Always a lightning rod for controversy, Rockstar might be growing weary of all the free publicity it has been getting, as games it hasn't even released yet are now becoming the target of public outcries.

Yesterday, members of the Washington, D.C.-based youth group Peaceoholics protested outside Rockstar Games' New York offices, carrying signs that read "Put the cuffs on Rockstar, not youth" and "Prosecute Rockstar Games; they are felons" and chanting "Hey hey, ho ho, Rockstar Games has got to go."

Though the Peaceoholics have accused Rockstar of marketing violent games for children in the past, Tuesday's event was specifically directed at convincing the developer to shelve the upcoming Bully, which Rockstar describes as a game where players take the role of a "troublesome schoolboy" who "stands up to bullies, gets picked on by teachers, plays pranks on malicious kids, wins or loses the girl, and ultimately learns to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school."

Although the game is not yet rated (an M for Mature tag seems a certainty) and Rockstar has revealed next to nothing about the actual gameplay, Bully has already made some waves. Given the developer's history with controversial titles and the lasting taboo of violence in a school setting ever since the Columbine High School shootings, it's a safe bet this won't be the last bit of protest directed Rockstar's way over its latest offering.

Attempts to reach Rockstar Games and Peaceoholics for comment Wednesday afternoon were not successful.

From Gamespot.com

Bully draws protesters to Rockstar's front doors

Washington, D.C.-based group marches on developer's Manhattan headquarters to protest marketing of violent games to children.

Although the Hot Coffee isn't quite as piping hot as it has been of late, the fallout over the hidden sex minigames in Rockstar Games' Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas is still simmering. Always a lightning rod for controversy, Rockstar might be growing weary of all the free publicity it has been getting, as games it hasn't even released yet are now becoming the target of public outcries.

Yesterday, members of the Washington, D.C.-based youth group Peaceoholics protested outside Rockstar Games' New York offices, carrying signs that read "Put the cuffs on Rockstar, not youth" and "Prosecute Rockstar Games; they are felons" and chanting "Hey hey, ho ho, Rockstar Games has got to go."

Though the Peaceoholics have accused Rockstar of marketing violent games for children in the past, Tuesday's event was specifically directed at convincing the developer to shelve the upcoming Bully, which Rockstar describes as a game where players take the role of a "troublesome schoolboy" who "stands up to bullies, gets picked on by teachers, plays pranks on malicious kids, wins or loses the girl, and ultimately learns to navigate the obstacles of the fictitious reform school."

Although the game is not yet rated (an M for Mature tag seems a certainty) and Rockstar has revealed next to nothing about the actual gameplay, Bully has already made some waves. Given the developer's history with controversial titles and the lasting taboo of violence in a school setting ever since the Columbine High School shootings, it's a safe bet this won't be the last bit of protest directed Rockstar's way over its latest offering.

Attempts to reach Rockstar Games and Peaceoholics for comment Wednesday afternoon were not successful.

God,......"The Peaceoholics?".............................I'm not even gonna say what I think about a group that calls themselves the Peaceoholics...........................................CAN'T.........RESIST!............

THOSE DAMN DIRTY HIPPIES NEED TO STOP PROTESTING AND TAKE A ****ING BATH THOSE STUPID DIRTY HIPPIES!!!!!!!" WE NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD ANDTHE ENVIROMEEEEEEENT! "WELL THAN GET OFF YOUR ****ING ASSES, PUT DOWN THE JOINT AND THE HACKEY SACK AND DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN SCREAM THINGS AT BUILDINGS AND BLOCK TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, do I hate hippies.

jtg3885 said:
Oh God, I can see the parents lining up to protest already...

Do we get slutty high school tramps like my school had?

Awww, man, you had slutty tramps at your high school? I missed out I guess. We only had semi-slutty trampettes at my high school. They were hot though, gotta give them that. Ahhhh....memories...

moonmaster said:
God,......"The Peaceoholics?".............................I'm not even gonna say what I think about a group that calls themselves the Peaceoholics

God, do I hate hippies.

Word, brother.

moonmaster said:
God,......"The Peaceoholics?".............................I'm not even gonna say what I think about a group that calls themselves the Peaceoholics...........................................CAN'T.........RESIST!............

THOSE DAMN DIRTY HIPPIES NEED TO STOP PROTESTING AND TAKE A ****ING BATH THOSE STUPID DIRTY HIPPIES!!!!!!!" WE NEED TO SAVE THE WORLD ANDTHE ENVIROMEEEEEEENT! "WELL THAN GET OFF YOUR ****ING ASSES, PUT DOWN THE JOINT AND THE HACKEY SACK AND DO SOMETHING OTHER THAN SCREAM THINGS AT BUILDINGS AND BLOCK TRAFFIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, do I hate hippies.

It's posts like this that make Moonie one of my favorite posters here.

UltimateE said:
It's posts like this that make Moonie one of my favorite posters here.

:mrgreen: I feel special.

DIrishB said:
Special like a hippie? Or special like Vin Diesel? Cuz if its the latter, Jason Statham is on his way to your house to kick your *** you Diesel-lover! Actually, if its either, cuz he hates hippies too.

;)

No. Special like a obnoxious purple hippopotamus who gets more *** than a rental car.

DIrishB said:
ok, in that case Statham's on his way over to make love to you like your purple hippopotamus self has never been loved before (and thats saying something, cuz I hear Bass is quite the stallion).

Hey DIrish, Did Ya Get That Thing I Sent Ya?

DIrishB said:
the severed crocodile head or the antique Thesaurus?

Wrong. The correct answer to my question is "You know it!"

You will now be taken out behind your nearest Denny's restaurant and shot.

I remember someone saying that Rockstar should make a GTA-game that was set in a school condition like this game looks like.

He was flamed badly.

Well, if it makes the situation any better, which, given the circumstances, probably won't, I don't think Rockstar is going to introduce guns to the game... Just a slingshot. It's a watered down version of GTA, but the fact that it takes place at a school is the one thing that's causing all of the trouble. I can't blame the protestors, although I wouldn't be out there myself.

ProjectX2 said:
I remember someone saying that Rockstar should make a GTA-game that was set in a school condition like this game looks like.

He was flamed badly.
That person was a smart person. Feh, most gamers don't know the value of good exploitation in video games anyway.

To bring us back to the more pressing matter of those damn dirty hippies, here's a great list of things hippies are good for that I found at the Best Page in the Universe.

Latest posts

Back