The Snake Plissken Chronicles.

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
From Newsarama:

ALIAS & HURRICANE COLLECT SNAKE PLISSKEN CHRONICLES

Reviving a series that last saw life in 2003 Alias Comics has confirmed for Newsarama that it has teamed with Hurricane Entertainment to bring back John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles, stories based on the character from the John Carpenter films, Escape from New York and Escape from LA. The return will be the first of several projects coming from the two companies.

Snake Plissken Chronicles will see life first in November as a collection of the original four-issue miniseries which was originally published by CrossGen and Hurricane – with a cover by legendry film poster painter Drew Struzan. Alias Executive Director Mike Miller: "The sales on the title were strong from start to finish. It was a no-brainer to agree to publishing the trade. Then when I saw that one of my favorite artists of all time was doing the cover, I just about fell out of my chair. Drew Struzan is a modern day master of the craft!"

Originally, the series was one of the licensed feathers in the cap of CrossGen's CGE imprint. Two issues were published under CGE, while the remaining two were published by Hurricane.

"The cover alone is worth the price of the trade, but luckily, people will get a killer story with some fantastic artwork by fan favorite penciler Tone Rodriguez to boot!" Miller said. "We're getting a LOT of really great properties coming through our doors lately, but I have to admit that this is a big one for me, personally."

John Carpenter's Snake Plissken Chronicles will be available for to order in the September issue of Previews for November release from Alias Comics.

More information about Alias, its projects and partners, can be found at http://www.aliasenterprises.com

Latest posts

Back