Ultimate X-Men #60 (Spoilers)

Goodwill

Wow, I'm a little shocked that there hasn't been a thread put up for this...

The issue was good. It definitely wrapped up all of the loose ends that the first one unrolled and was a good action issue (It even got a T+ rating for it). I think it was cool to see Cornelius' character elaborated on and the backstory of how Deathstrike came to be was pretty cool, too. She was a genetically created mutant as opposed to being one herself this time. Now, with the end of the issue, I wonder where Wolverine's going to end up, where Deathstrike has ended up, and if this arc will have anything to do with the next. We'll have to see... The wait seems like too long for such a good title!

Also, it seems we've got a new fastball special in the mix, too. Wolverine/Storm. :) Too cool.

Did anyone else find the art to be really good this issue? I thought Immonen improved upon what he had on his table a bit. Yes, I thought the Wolverine was in dire need of improvement, but other than that, I thought he did really well. Kudos, Stuart!

Lastly, the letters page is back with this title, too. I thought this one was the best of what we've gotten back. There have been hints at certain things that will likely come to a head in the next arc. Man, am I looking forward to Magnetic North!

Goodwill said:
(It even got a T+ rating for it).
T+ is just the new PSR, that they just didn't put on before.

Goodwill said:
She was a genetically created mutant as opposed to being one herself this time.
She was NEVER a mutant in the first place in 616 either. She was a human turned cyborg.

But the issue was cool. Not sure if Immonen improved much. Still don't like how Wolverine's hair was drawn, thought that could've been better. I did like their own version of the fast ball speacials. And the ending was good.

But now I really want is to see Magnetic North. Let's bring that on!

Goodwill said:
Now, with the end of the issue, I wonder where Wolverine's going to end up

I took it as him being back, if only for a little bit.

Goodwill said:
Did anyone else find the art to be really good this issue?

Not really. Wolverine looks terrible. Although I suppose as a whole it is improving.

Yea, I didn't really like Wolverine's look either, but I thought, yes, as a whole it was improving. Stuart seemed to nail Cornelius in the first couple of panels. Of course, that may be his thing... To draw ancient looking scientist.

I would like to see Wolverine check out again, if only to whipe out Weapon X. I think that would be cool. Also, Deathstrike could've potentially told Wolverine stuff about his past; he could go looking. I don't think he particularly took what Storm said at the end to heart, but I've been wrong before.

Also, yea, this issue did get geared for Magnetic North. Havok!

:please: can someone please give me an issue rundown. I need to know if this is worth buying or not. :please:
p.s I did not like part 1 so I dont really want to buy it if it sucked.

Last edited:
I really like Immonen's art. I think he rocks.

If you disagree, you're wrong and stupid.

ACCEPT MY WILL!

slimjim said:
:please: can someone please give me a issue rundown. I need to know if this is worth buying or not. :please:

Not much really happened.

Yuri's origin is explained; she's enhanced by Dr Cornelius to kill Storm. But she also has to get past Wolverine. Cornelius wants Storm dead for her part in killing Colonel Wraith.

Yuri squares off against Storm and Wolverine, and holds her own. It's discovered there is one bone in Wolverine's body that didn't get coated in adamantium and she knows which one and if she breaks it - it'll kill him.

Dr Cornelius arrives as back up, the whole operation is really him trying to kill Wolverine.

Storm and Wolverine triumph.

The issue's nice enough. Nothing special, but enjoyable.

Bass said:
I really like Immonen's art. I think he rocks.

If you disagree, you're wrong and stupid.

ACCEPT MY WILL!

I agree. I love his art. :D

What are fastball specials? Just wondering.

This was a good issue, probably better than Part 1.

Letters page is awesome! Hope it continues.

ultimatedjf said:
I agree. I love his art. :D
I wouldn't say it's awesome, but not terrible either.

ultimatedjf said:
What are fastball specials? Just wondering.
:shock:

The fastball speacial is when Colossus throws Wolverine really fast at someone or something.

That's the REAL fastball speacial. Any other way is just a wannabe.

icemastertron said:
I wouldn't say it's awesome, but not terrible either.

:shock:

The fastball speacial is when Colossus throws Wolverine really fast at someone or something.

That's the REAL fastball speacial. Any other way is just a wannabe.

Thanks. I never really read 616 X-Men, so that could be why you're shocked. Does it show up often in 616?

ultimatedjf said:
Does it show up often in 616?
It just came back in Astonishing. It doesnt show up often, or rather, it didn't because Colossus was dead.

But it did happen once in UXM, though. Durin ROTK arc.

Fastball Special...sounds absolutely filthy, don't it?

Yes, Vaughan said that he had a second script for this issue, but changed it after the art came back... Could the story be that much different from before that he had to change something?

Latest posts

Back