Ultimate Hydra

The Overlord

How would you handle Ultimate Hydra? I think they would make good enemies
for Nick Fury and the Ultimates. What should their ideology be and who should their leader be?

Ultimate Hydra : the answer to the ultimates and sheild..... maybe Baron Zemo is the leader of the organization, similar to Nick Fury, and asorted Masters of Evil and Thunderbolts are his generals, similar to the Ultimates...., and the Hydra goons themselves are the answer to the Sheild solders that back up the Ultimates........ maybe the inner circle of super powered Generals call themselves the Masters.......... :wink:

I think Hydra show be a terrorist group that believes that Democracy is
fundamentally flawed and weak system, concerned more with electing popular leaders, rather than effective ones and that it is unable to solve the world's problems. They believe the solution is overthrow all democracies and replace them with one world wide dictatorship that will take decisive action to end overpopulation, war, poverty, etc. Members include normal civilains,
captains of Industry, US sentaors, third world government officals, etc. In fact I think Fenrus and the Von Strucker twins should be involved with Hydra.

Their leader is Viper a deranged fanatic and psychopath who stop at nothing to achieve her goals. I think Viper is more interesting that old Nazi relic baron Wolfgang von Strucker and she could give the Ultimates a female foe.

Last edited:
Hydra definitely needs some kind of ideology. UU is too realistic to rely on the "big secret terrorist groups after power" copout. If the UU writers want to create something like Hydra or any of those groups, they need to come up with a coherent reason for why they do, what they do.

I think Hydra should be the team of the Thunderbolts, otherwise Known as Hydra in Ultimate Marvel Universe.

Think about it, Hawkeye triator, joins back with his old team...after theyve destroyed the Ultimates from the inside, they come back to finish the job.

Hawkeye, Baron Zemo, Atlas (Hank Pym, using the new alias), Black Widow, Ultron, Vision.

Vison safes theday by the way!! LOL

The Overlord said:
I think Hydra show be a terrorist group that believes that Democracy is
fundamentally flawed and weak system, concerned more with electing popular leaders, rather than effective ones and that it is unable to solve the world's problems. They believe the solution is overthrow all democracies and replace them with one world wide dictatorship that will take decisive action to end overpopulation, war, poverty, etc. Members include normal civilains,
captains of Industry, US sentaors, third world government officals, etc. In fact I think Fenrus and the Von Strucker twins should be involved with Hydra.

Their leader is Viper a deranged fanatic and psychopath who stop at nothing to achieve her goals. I think Viper is more interesting that old Nazi relic baron Wolfgang von Strucker and she could give the Ultimates a female foe.

I like that idea....... but don't you think they (Hydra) would need some big guns to handle the crap that your average terrorist wouldnt be able to handl.... enter the Masters (masters of evil) it would give the writer the opertunity to ultimatise a lot of classic and contemporary villions, and it would give the ultimates something to think about.. how do you think they would react when they find out that there is a multi national organization with an undisclosed amount of members who not only have an ultimate goal of overthrowing the democracy of the world, but also have super humans of there own, .... and hidden bases and safe houses on American soil...... not to mention the fact that they have deligates in most high ranking positions threw out the world..... maybe even in Sheild itself......

Just my own thoghts on how it could go .... but i realy like your ideas.... :)

Caduceus said:
Hydra definitely needs some kind of ideology. UU is too realistic to rely on the "big secret terrorist groups after power" copout. If the UU writers want to create something like Hydra or any of those groups, they need to come up with a coherent reason for why they do, what they do.

I believe Hydra should ideology but it should notbox them in. I still think what makes Hydra dangerous is their Illuminati like power, having members as diverse as civilains, US sentaors, captains of industry, third world officals, etc. If you make them just for example Islamic terrorists, they will lose that
Illuminati like power and become just cannon fodder,I mean I can't manage any US senator in his right mind joining an Islamic terrorist group.

As a nod to their Nazi origins from thje comics I gave Ultimate Hydra a neo-fascist ideology, with allusions to Nietzsche i.e: believing Democracy is weak and ill suited to handle the world's problems. Or you could just make Hydra some sort of cult.

Vegetable-man said:
I like that idea....... but don't you think they (Hydra) would need some big guns to handle the crap that your average terrorist wouldnt be able to handl.... enter the Masters (masters of evil) it would give the writer the opertunity to ultimatise a lot of classic and contemporary villions, and it would give the ultimates something to think about.. how do you think they would react when they find out that there is a multi national organization with an undisclosed amount of members who not only have an ultimate goal of overthrowing the democracy of the world, but also have super humans of there own, .... and hidden bases and safe houses on American soil...... not to mention the fact that they have deligates in most high ranking positions threw out the world..... maybe even in Sheild itself......

Just my own thoghts on how it could go .... but i realy like your ideas.... :)

The first arc I would Hydra to rely on guile, cunning and advanced technology to combat the Ultimates.

However in their second arc Hydra could invest in illegal genetic experiments and create their own elite metahuman squad (based on MoE villains) to combat the Ultimates.

Latest posts

Back