Attuma should show up in UFF

MarvelWarrior

Attuma should show up in the book.

I was looking at the rogues gallery of the FF4 and just remembered about Attuma. He has a pretty cool design I think and seems to be a pretty powerful character. I think he make nice candidate for ultimization.

TheManWithoutFear said:
Give us a little background on him, please. I'd like to know more.

Taken from http://www.anzwers.org/free/pier4/attuma.html

Name: Attuma

The Story: Attuma was born into the tribe of Homo Mermanus who eschewed civilization to live as underwater nomadic barbarians. By some unrecorded method, Attuma was endowed with strength far surpassing that of his people. Nearing adulthood, Attuma learned of a prophecy, in the lost Atlantean Chronicles, of a conqueror who would take the empire of Atlantis by force. Believing he is that conqueror, Attuma moved to a position of leadership over his barbaric brethren, and launched numerous attacks on the city of Atlantis and its ruler, Prince Namor, also known as the Sub-Mariner. Unable to defeat Namor in personal combat, Attuma has frequently taken allies to further his ambitions. These alliances have also met with defeat. In recent years, Attuma has battled other heroes as well, including the team known as the Avengers, during a time when Attuma would attack the surface worlds of the Earth. Other times, Attuma would use renegade Atlantean or human scientists in his schemes, such as in the creation of Octo-Meks, octopus-shaped fighting machines. In one plan, Attuma attempted to capture a powerful female to produce a powerful child with him, and he abducted the mutant known as Pheonix to this end, but was defeated by her. For a brief time, Attuma succeeded in conquering Atlantis when Namor was believed dead, and then turned his attention to the surface world again, but was driven back by an assemblage of Earth's heroes. Attuma was soon ousted by Namor who reclaimed his throne. Attuma returned and took control of Atlantas following Namor's disappearance thanks to the Defenders' curse. Now, he won't let go of it with out a fight, not to mention using the forces of Atlantas to take over the surface world. Namor returned and fought past Attuma's men, but just as he was about to defeat Attuma, the Defender's curse teleported himself away again. Attuma decided to form the Deep Six, a group of villains that were water based. Sea Urchin, Orka, Nagala, Tigar Shark, and Pirahna. The Defenders came in full force to defeat the group, but the curse once again took them away. Attuma then turned his focas on the surface world after Kang the Conqueror showed several possible future with Atlantis taking over. Attuma and his partner Krang used their forces to take over the surface world, but the Avengers defeated them and Attuma was force to return to Atlantis only to have him and the rest of the people used as test subjects for Baron Von Strucker's mind control nano bots. The V-battalion showed up and destroyed the nano bots, leaving Attuma to regather his forces. Namor and the Defenders finally returned and defeated the Deep Six and Attuma who was badly beaten by Namor, before being imprisoned.

What's Happening Now: Once again a prisoner, Attuma is trying to recover from his injuries while he plans his next move.

MarvelWarrior said:
Taken from http://www.anzwers.org/free/pier4/attuma.html
Name: Attuma
The Story: Attuma was born into the tribe of Homo Mermanus who eschewed civilization to live as underwater nomadic barbarians. By some unrecorded method, Attuma was endowed with strength far surpassing that of his people. Nearing adulthood, Attuma learned of a prophecy, in the lost Atlantean Chronicles, of a conqueror who would take the empire of Atlantis by force. Believing he is that conqueror, Attuma moved to a position of leadership over his barbaric brethren, and launched numerous attacks on the city of Atlantis and its ruler, Prince Namor, also known as the Sub-Mariner. Unable to defeat Namor in personal combat, Attuma has frequently taken allies to further his ambitions. These alliances have also met with defeat. In recent years, Attuma has battled other heroes as well, including the team known as the Avengers, during a time when Attuma would attack the surface worlds of the Earth. Other times, Attuma would use renegade Atlantean or human scientists in his schemes, such as in the creation of Octo-Meks, octopus-shaped fighting machines. In one plan, Attuma attempted to capture a powerful female to produce a powerful child with him, and he abducted the mutant known as Pheonix to this end, but was defeated by her. For a brief time, Attuma succeeded in conquering Atlantis when Namor was believed dead, and then turned his attention to the surface world again, but was driven back by an assemblage of Earth's heroes. Attuma was soon ousted by Namor who reclaimed his throne. Attuma returned and took control of Atlantas following Namor's disappearance thanks to the Defenders' curse. Now, he won't let go of it with out a fight, not to mention using the forces of Atlantas to take over the surface world. Namor returned and fought past Attuma's men, but just as he was about to defeat Attuma, the Defender's curse teleported himself away again. Attuma decided to form the Deep Six, a group of villains that were water based. Sea Urchin, Orka, Nagala, Tigar Shark, and Pirahna. The Defenders came in full force to defeat the group, but the curse once again took them away. Attuma then turned his focas on the surface world after Kang the Conqueror showed several possible future with Atlantis taking over. Attuma and his partner Krang used their forces to take over the surface world, but the Avengers defeated them and Attuma was force to return to Atlantis only to have him and the rest of the people used as test subjects for Baron Von Strucker's mind control nano bots. The V-battalion showed up and destroyed the nano bots, leaving Attuma to regather his forces. Namor and the Defenders finally returned and defeated the Deep Six and Attuma who was badly beaten by Namor, before being imprisoned.
What's Happening Now: Once again a prisoner, Attuma is trying to recover from his injuries while he plans his next move.
He was also a rather chunky part of the Alpha Flight member Marinna's backstory. Wouldn't take this as a complete bio.

He may be a very cool person to have come Millar's time travelling escapade. I would like to see what he's made of, especially in a universe such as this! Good call, MW.

Caduceus said:
He was also a rather chunky part of the Alpha Flight member Marinna's backstory. Wouldn't take this as a complete bio.

Really? I didn't know that. I only know of his appearances in FF4 and know he first appeared in their comic back in the day as an enemy to Namor I believe.

This is all Marvel-Directory had to post:

Legal Status: Citizen Skarka
Identity: Attuma does not use a dual identity. His existence is not known to the general public of the surface world.
Place of Birth: Northern Atlantic Ocean
Marital Status: Unknown
Known Relatives: None known
Group Affiliation: Former ally of Byrrah, Krang, Ikthon, Dr. Dorcas, Tiger Shark, Tyrak, and the Red Ghost
Base of Operations: Atlantic Ocean
First Appearance: FANTASTIC FOUR #33

History: Attuma was born into the tribe of Homo mermanus who eschewed civilization to live as nomadic barbarians. For some unrecorded reason, Attuma was endowed with strength far surpassing that of his people. Nearing adulthood, Attuma learned of a prophesy, in the lost Atlantean Chronicles, of a conqueror who would take the empire of Atlantis by force. Believing he is that conqueror, Attuma has launched numerous attacks on the city of Atlantis and its regent Prince Namor.

Unable to best Namor in personal combat, Attuma has frequently taken allies to further his ambitions. These alliances have also met with defeat. The first time Attuma attacked Atlantis, the Fantastic Four aided Namor in repulsing his attack. In recent years, Attuma has battled the Avengers as well. Not renowned for his intelligence, Attuma has frequently employed renegade Atlantean and human scientists. One of them created the Octo-Meks, octopus-shaped fighting machines. Another proposed that he mate with human mutants inorder to produce a sire stronger than Namor himself. Toward this end he abducted the mutant Phoenix, but she thwarted his plans. Although Attuma has never been able to claim a lasting victor over Namor, he was a party to the death of Namor's bride, lady Dorma. Attuma is still at large in the Atlantic Ocean, having never been imprisoned for any of his deeds.

Height: 6 ft. 8 in.
Weight 410 lbs.
Eyes: Brown
Hair: Black
Skin: Blue

Strength Level: Attuma possesses superhuman strength enabling him to lift (press) approximately 40 tons on land, and somewhat more than that in his native element, the sea. Attuma is significantly stronger than the average member of Homo mermanus.

Known Superhuman Powers: Attuma possesses the typical attributes of Homo mermanus: gills to enable him to extract oxygen from the water, superhuman physiology to enable him to withstand the extreme water pressure changes beneath the sea, blood circulation enabling him to withstand freezing temperatures, and specially-developed vision which is more sensitive to the green portion of the spectrum enabling him to see in the murky depths.

Attuma is far stronger that the typical Atlantean. Whereas most Atlanteans can swim at a speed of 30 mile per hour, Attuma can swim at 60 mile per hour. Like all Atlanteans, Attuma cannot breathe air out of water. He is capable of lasting approximately ten minutes out of water before he begins to suffocate.

Doctor Lemuel Dorcas once altered Attuma in some unknown way so that he could breathe on land, it is unknown whether or not this alteration is still effective.

Weapons: Attuma customarily carries a three-pronged iron sword weighing approximately 50 pounds.

MarvelWarrior said:
Really? I didn't know that. I only know of his appearances in FF4 and know he first appeared in their comic back in the day as an enemy to Namor I believe.
Maybe its complete except for that, I don't really know. I am by no means an expert, I just happen to know about that one missing thing. The story had Attuma and the Master of the World.

Latest posts

Back