Captain America's shield

Fredrik Martinsson

Formerly known as Ultimate Warrior
Did we get an explanation where he got his round shield from in the Ultimate Universe or did it just pop up? When he fought in WWII he had a regular shaped sheild not the round one. And is the shield indestructable now as it was in 616?

I don't think it was ever really discussed in detail I think along with the new costume he was just given a new shield and I'd imagine it was indestructible as his 616 counterpart is...

Here's a little trivia for you guys: Do you know why Captain America's shield is round and has that design on it?

Goodwill said:
Anyway, I know that it is made of adamantium.
Which one? The shield in the UU? 'Cuz the one in the 616 is made out of Vibranium, second hardest metal after Adamantium.

Last edited:
Goodwill said:
Anyway, I know that it is made of adamantium.

It is? I didn't know that. I thought it was some unknown metal from a accident in a lad. (We are talking about the 616 shield, arent we? Because in UU I have no clue what it's made of.)

icemastertron said:
Which one? The shield in the UU? 'Cuz the one in the 616 is made out of Vibranium, second hardest metal after Adatium.

Vibranium can destroy adamantium, Ice. I know that Black Panther's people, I forget what they are called, got a hold of it.

Also, I thought in Ultimate War they said that the shield was made of adamantium... I could be wrong.

Goodwill said:
I'm not interested into getting technical, I just know that Vibranium can destroy Adamantium.
But that's the thing. You can't really say that without getting technical because it's not 100% true. Adamantium is the strongest metal in the Marvel Universe. Vibranium comes second. There's a "second level" (it's not really called this, I just can't remember the name of it) of Adamantium that is weak enough to get destroyed by Vibranium. And yes, I do mean in its hard state.

Another shining example of why Marvel needed an Ultimate universe.

icemastertron said:
the one in the 616 is made out of Vibranium, second hardest metal after Adatium.

I'm sure your right Ice. I based my post from Secret Wars I.

Small spoilers from Secret Wars I:
In the end Captain America gets all the pieces from his broken shield together and it reads: "It was the product of a freak metal-lurgical accident -- A metallic disk of unknown composition, and unique proparties -- Utterly impervious to any force or instrument which human comprehend."

Hank Pym was talking to the President about how he designed a Captain America jet and tank. Janet popped up saying about the new shield he had made. What would Captain America be without a shield.

Goodwill said:
Because it's actually a discuss...?

well since that was blown off quickly... the disc has the designs that are target like... whoever the comic writer who created this round shield version (I forget who) made it so the shield symbolized protection and the fact that democracy was always being targeted by enemies...

This is so unusual in an Ultimate Moderator ( /watcher) how? Or any of us really?

Goodwill said:
There are a lot of those in your opinion, isn't there?

Eh, not really - but this is a perfect example. First we have adamantium, and it's the strongest substance in the universe. Then - oops - vibranium is stronger. Then - oops again - a purer/different form of adamantium is stronger.

I've read comics for like 15 years now and I didn't know there were different forms of adamantium. Or that vibranium is stronger.

THAT'S exactly why there is an Ultimate line. I was just pointing that out. :mrgreen:

I never knew anything about different kinds of adamantium, either... I can see where all of this makes you wanna DIE.

Goodwill said:
I never knew anything about different kinds of adamantium, either... I can see where all of this makes you wanna DIE.
Yeah, it does tend to get very fustrating after a while...

Latest posts

Back