Ultimate FF cancelled after 6 issues...

DIrishB

The Timeline Guy
You are all just obstacles on my path to Nirvana.
So Marvel have already cancelled Ultimate FF after 6 issues.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/devlin712/news/?a=102115

I don't mind since the first issue was uninspired and boring, and issue 2 wasn't much better.

But apparently this plays into Marvel cancelling their Fantastic Four related titles in an attempt to limit the team/characters exposure in a backhanded attempt to sabotage Fox's FF reboot film that's in the works.

Everyone assumes it's because of the whole FOX thing, but the sales were poor.

That's true, but how bad were the sales for the 616 Fantastic Four title? That was still cancelled. I do think there's something to the rumor that Marvel is trying to make it hard for Fox's FF reboot to merchandise and be inadvertently "advertised" through Marvel's FF comics.

I hope All-New Ultimates is next.

Agreed.

I actually saw a TON of potential after the second issue. I was really excited for this after that. Especially when I saw issue #6's cover.

From the article I read it was announced a couple weeks ago. Not sure when it actually stops, probably in the next few months (unless they changed that decision, but doubt it).
Which article is that? I haven't seen anything like that anywhere.

If it was Bleeding Cool

[video=youtube;a9U_C_q6WcU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a9U_C_q6WcU[/video]

I've seen Bleeding Cool talk about the situation, but I haven't seen them say 616 F4 title was cancelled/going to be cancelled.

That's true, but how bad were the sales for the 616 Fantastic Four title? That was still cancelled. I do think there's something to the rumor that Marvel is trying to make it hard for Fox's FF reboot to merchandise and be inadvertently "advertised" through Marvel's FF comics.
I think that if Marvel thinks that not publishing a Fantastic Four title when the movie is released that they drastically overestimate the effect comnics have on movie releases. Like thinking they have one.

I think that if Marvel thinks that not publishing a Fantastic Four title when the movie is released that they drastically overestimate the effect comnics have on movie releases. Like thinking they have one.

I agree, but I think more of it comes down to merchandising as well. For instance, Marvel refused to allow production of X-Men - Days of Future Past tie in toys/action figures, etc. While not producing toys or comics related to Fox's Marvel based films may hurt in terms of merchandising profit for those studios (who I think still get a cut of those profits, just not as much as Marvel, at least in regards to merchandise), it certainly wouldn't be enough to dissuade the studios from making more X-Men or FF films.

However, I do think it illustrates Marvel's desire to obtain the film rights to those characters back (which shouldn't really surprise anyone), even if it's largely a pointless exercise and rather underhanded. It also costs Marvel a large amount of potential merchandising profits since they reap the large majority of the profit percentage, as far as I know.

If that's what their doing - yeah. It's ridiculous.

But I thought that was just basically a rumor and not something that was seriously being considered.

It isn't being considered by anyone who is smart.

There is evidence at hand, brilliant scientist man. Like I said, Marvel refused to allow toys based on DoFP, and they seem to be canceling their FF titles. It is still only a rumor as Marvel hasn't made any confirmations (nor would they if that's what they're actually doing), but the rumor started the end of May that Marvel would be canceling the 616 and Ultimate FF series. The 616 version seems to still he going for the next few months based on solicitations, but Ultimate FF is indeed cancelled. Granted it's sales weren't good so perhaps that's the only reason. But then again, taken in combination with the reports of Marvel not being happy with how Fox is handling the X-Men and FF properties, and the refusal to make DoFP toys and merchandise, it does lend credence to the rumor.

Stop playing with test tubes and put on your trench coat and fedora, there's detectiving to do!!

but Ultimate FF is indeed cancelled. Granted it's sales weren't good so perhaps that's the only reason.

That and it's barely a Fantastic Four title. Whether or not they are cancelling the books, tying the fate of Ultimate FF to this is really reaching. It wasn't good, no one read it, and it's not even Fantastic Four.

I don't know why you think it should end... I mean I do as far as the story telling goes. The last issue felt like I was reading a story a five year old wrote. But they could just get another another writer on it. Or just give it to Bendis. Most of the characters in that book he created. Ultimate Kitty's the only one he didn't create. But he's wrote for her before.

Damn it. It didn't post the Quote. This is to reference cap's statement about canceling the All-New Ultimates.

Last edited:
I haven't read any of these, but I doubt it's part of a plan to sabotage foxs films. Let's be honest the days if future past wasn't a kids film on any case so it's unlikely there's be a massive toy line.

It doesn't make sense for them to do that...I mean are they going to pull spiderman too ?

This doesn't even relate to what people imagine when they say fantastic four. But even the colour schemes didn't appeal to me. Marvel could have ended with cataclysm, and made that a bigger event with lots of issues that tied everything together, but instead you're gonna get an ultimate universe where miles teams up with his less popular cancelled friends

All-New Ultimates desperately needs a new creative team. I struggled to get through the new issue and I haven't had that happen with a comic since Ultimate Avengers 3.

All-New Ultimates desperately needs a new creative team. I struggled to get through the new issue and I haven't had that happen with a comic since Ultimate Avengers 3.

I agree that All-New Ultimates needs a new team. At least a new writer who can bring a sense of excitement, a certain air of mystery to the stories that require such, and far more interesting characterization. The problem in the current arc is that the story is boring, the characters are uninteresting (which is saying a lot as Bendis manages to make Miles and his supporting characters quite likable and interesting in the USM series), and it's overall just pointless (least seems that way, and that's about the worst way to start a new comic).

I'm not a huge fan of the art in the first three issues either, and would like to see someone else drawing it. However I could live with the current artist as long as they get someone else writing the book. Currently it's horrible. Even Ultimate FF (which is being canceled) is better than All-New Ultimates, though that's a highly disappointing book as well. At least Miles Morales - The Ultimate Spider-Man is still a decent read.

Latest posts

Back