DC Comics Documentary

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
CBR:

Collider has learned director Jeffrey Blitz and producer Sean Welchare making a documentary about DC Comics. Blitz directed the great documentary "Spellbound" about kids at a spelling bee. Welch tells Collider, "DC Comics contacted us and asked if we would do this. Jeff and the director are comic book enthusiasts since they were kids and remain comic book enthusiasts. So yes, we have access to their archives, their material, their covers, their panels, the creatives and the executives in the DC world." Mac Carter is directing the picture with Blitz and Welch directing. They plan to premiere the film at Comic-Con, so I know one thing I'll be doing this July. The film is currently untitled, so "DC Comics: The Movie" is just a placeholder I'm using. Oh, Collider also has video with Blitz and Welch talking about the project.

Release date: July 2010?

This could be pretty cool. I always like documentaries on comics. I have a few on dvd e.g "Spider-Man - Once Upon A Time Super Heroes" So assuming this comes out on dvd (or better yet Bluray) I'll buy this.

The DC Comics Vault covers the entire history of DC Comics from as far back as the late 1920s. There's hundreds of photos and people in it I'd never seen or heard of before, as well as colour photos of people like Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster from the early forties. It's really, really cool. Hopefully this will just be a moving version of that book.

The DC Comics Vault covers the entire history of DC Comics from as far back as the late 1920s. There's hundreds of photos and people in it I'd never seen or heard of before, as well as colour photos of people like Jerry Siegel and Joe Shuster from the early forties. It's really, really cool. Hopefully this will just be a moving version of that book.
I've been meaning to get that book for so long.

Latest posts

Back