Fantastic Four Reboot

SSJmole

Face-Punching As Foreign Policy
Less than two years after the release of Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer, 20th Century Fox is reportedly looking to reboot their Fantastic Four franchise.

It was reported last fall that Fox chairman Tom Rothman was considering a reboot of Daredevil, and now IESB claims the studio is "looking to completely retool, recast and recrew the franchise."

The site points out that, obviously, this would mean no Ioan Gruffudd as Mr. Fantasic, no Jessica Alba as the Invisible Woman, no Chris Evans as Human Torch, no Michael Chiklis as The Thing, no Julian McMahon as Doctor Doom, and no director Tim Story.

IESB says Fox wants the new FF franchise "to be 'less bubble gum' this time round following the Iron Man template, which was a complete success in reviews and box office take but a bit darker when it came to its superhero."

Taken from

http://uk.movies.ign.com/articles/960/960540p1.html

Thank god.

Your thoughts?

Re: Fantasic Four Reboot

I think my only gripe is that Fox is doing this instead of Marvel Studios.

To me it's like they're saying, "Oh! Marvel wants to take back all their characters and give there films the proper respect the properties deserve that really tie-into their comic counterparts instead of what blockbuster we sling out in a year? Hurry....reboot the series so we can get more crap outta it and then when and if Marvel ever gets the rights back, people will be too burnt out on the reboot stuff to see their films."

But honestly----I've been doing my own little dreamcast of the Fantastic Four and Watchmen.

I need to tell ourchair to get on this new dreamcasting game.

I don't think Wolverine looks promising at all. It looks like they are trying to shove as many mutants into it as they can. I hope it's good and I'll still probably see it, but I don't have high expectations.

But honestly----I've been doing my own little dreamcast of the Fantastic Four and Watchmen.

I need to tell ourchair to get on this new dreamcasting game.

Yeah, when does dreamcasting start again? In addition to those I think a Green Lantern round might be cool in honor of movie that might actually get made.

Last edited:

I'd be down for some dreamcasting.

Also, this is still going to suck and the Wolverine movie looks awful.

I admit the movies weren't great, but Chris Evans was perfect as Johnny.

Man, they need to get Terry Gilliam on board a Fantastic Four movie.

With goat-legged Doom.

O.O

I could not agree more.

Dude. It's such a better fit for Gilliam than Watchmen was. The only better superhero franchise I can imagine for the guy is Doom Patrol.

But.... I'd still rather see his Don Quixote.

Last edited:

Can't Marvel just demand they get the rights back? Like Sue them or something?

Latest posts

Back