Grant Morrison and the X-Men

Taskmaster

I've been thinking. After re-reading Mark Millar's UXM and Grant Morrison's run on New X-Men, I have not seen another writer come even close to making me enjoy X-Men as much as I did back then. I really wish they hadn't retconned Morrison's run, and I really wish that he would get another shot at it, because as far as I can tell, he's one of the few people that can make X-Men really enjoyable again.

Do you think Grant Morrison should be brought back?

Do you even think he would, considering the Xorn fiasco?

Grant Morrison should come back and replace Bendis on ever book.

They should have let him do what he wanted to do - Ultimate Fantastic Four, Marvel Boy Vol. 2 and Silver Surfer.

I think Morrison should definitely write X-Men again. Cassandra Nova is one of the most interesting X-Men villains of all time. Beak was cool, Quentin Quire was cool, Fantomex was cool, Weapon Plus was cool, Stepford Cuckoos were cool, Xorn was cool (until the Planet X arc). It's one of the most innovative comics Marvel has put out in a looooooong time. Planet X wasn't the best story but I don't think it should have been retconned.

I don't think Morrison should write Ultimate X-Men; the current arc has pretty much ruined the title, possibly beyond saving, by Ultimatum or even by the genius that is Grant Morrison.

They should have let him do what he wanted to do - Ultimate Fantastic Four, Marvel Boy Vol. 2 and Silver Surfer.

Don't mention any of that, I just got a tear in my eye thinking about what could have been (for UFF anyways; the other two could still be done).

Last edited:

I hadn't heard about him wanting to do Silver Surfer...was it ever revealed what he had planned?

I seem to remember someone posting something about his UFF plans but I forgot what they were...can anyone repost?

I hadn't heard about him wanting to do Silver Surfer...was it ever revealed what he had planned?

I seem to remember someone posting something about his UFF plans but I forgot what they were...can anyone repost?

I don't know much about Silver Surfer except that Morrison and Quitely wanted to try and make him work.

As for UFF, the only thing I know about that is what Bass posted. It was going to be based on The Osbournes and all their neighbours would hate them and stuff. It was also going to be in 3d (4d?).

He also had ideas for the Ultimate Universe that "were too brilliant to print." Seriously, he could be revamping this universe instead of the DC one right now. What a mistake Marvel made.

As for UFF, the only thing I know about that is what Bass posted. It was going to be based on The Osbournes and all their neighbours would hate them and stuff. It was also going to be in 3d (4d?).

That's right. I remember now.

He also had ideas for the Ultimate Universe that "were too brilliant to print." Seriously, he could be revamping this universe instead of the DC one right now. What a mistake Marvel made.

Joe Q is so dumb. How could an idea be too brilliant to print? How stupid.

Joe Q is so dumb. How could an idea be too brilliant to print? How stupid.
To be fair, it was Wizard who said-in a profile of him-that he had ideas for the Ultimate Universe that were "too brilliant [for them] to print".

They were never even pitched to Marvel as far as I know.

Last edited:
UFF might still be memorable if Morrison had followed on from Millar after Frightful. Instead I don't even remember what happened in the last issue...

I want Grant Morrison/JH Williams III to do Strange Tales - 24 pages a month, 12 pages focusing on Nick Fury and 12 pages focusing on Dr. Strange. It would be insane and JHW3 can imitate styles like Steranko and Ditko perfectly.

I want Grant Morrison/JH Williams III to do Strange Tales - 24 pages a month, 12 pages focusing on Nick Fury and 12 pages focusing on Dr. Strange. It would be insane and JHW3 can imitate styles like Steranko and Ditko perfectly.

:rockon:

I would have loved to have seen Morrison and QUITELY do Silver Surfer. It would be better than Warren Ellis' Ultimate Surfers or Ultimate Captain Marvel. I'm not saying Warren Ellis is bad, he's one of my top 5 writers, he's awesome, he's fantastic....but Morrison does it better.

To be fair, it was Wizard who said-in a profile of him-that he had ideas for the Ultimate Universe that were "too brilliant [for them] to print".

They were never even pitched to Marvel as far as I know.

That makes more sense. I always understood that it was Joe Q. that said the ideas were to brilliant to print. And if that had been the case, because it was Grant Morrison, I would actually believe him.

Latest posts

Back