TMNT: Back to Live Action

Ice

Teh Sexy Monkey Queen
CBR:

A note at the website for Playmates Toys said, "Following the success of the 'TMNT' theatrical release in 2007, Mirage licensing and Imagi studios have begun work on a new live-action TMNT film for 2010. It's the turtles like you've never seen them before! Shellalicious!"

Re: TMNT: Back to Live Action (2010)

I think it's funny that CBR got their info from Playmates Toys, that said, I'm interested.

Hmmmm...I like the first live action movie still to this day...Part 2 I liked as an 11 year old but now its a bit hard to watch (especially the "Ninja Rap" Vanilla Ice dance number)...and Part 3 was lame and had a completely different tone and direction from the first two, but without pulling it off successfully.

The CGI film from last year had nice animation, but the story was weak. I barely remember it because nothing really stood out or was interesting to me.

We'll see how this turns out. I think its a bold move to go live action again, especially with the glut of CGI in most big studio releases these days. I think ultimately it could work better than another attempt at a CGI Ninja Turtles. My interest is certainly piqued. I guess we'll start seeing how the costumes will look sometime next year, once production starts.

I also wonder if Corey Feldman will return to voice Donatello (he only does the odd movies, it seems: he did Donnie in 1 and 3 after all). ;) After all, the Lost Boys sequel apparently did nothing for that poor schlub's career.

Hmmmm...I like the first live action movie still to this day...Part 2 I liked as an 11 year old but now its a bit hard to watch (especially the "Ninja Rap" Vanilla Ice dance number)

Yeah, I watched it again fairly recently. Just awful.

Part 2 I liked as an 11 year old but now its a bit hard to watch (especially the "Ninja Rap" Vanilla Ice dance number).

I love that part because it cracks me up. I'm just on the ground laughing

Who is surpised?

show of hands?

I'm not surprised it was terrible, I'm surprised at just how terrible it was. I mean it was eye-bleeding bad. I'd rather vigorously rub my testicles on a very sharp cheese grater than ever have to watch it again.

Its my own fault, I know. I knew from the beginning I was about to waste an hour and a half of my life. I just didn't expect it to be as big a waste of time as I thought. I figured there might be the possibility of the little bit of charm the first movie had, but apparently that went out the window once the Coreys hit puberty.

Yeah, I watched it again fairly recently. Just awful.

I love that part because it cracks me up. I'm just on the ground laughing

It is pretty funny. I love how the crowd just accepts these freakish human sized turtles and starts dancing around and getting into it with Vanilla in the background. Its so amazingly bad.

Speaking of which, I wonder if we'll get a Hanna Montana cameo and song this time. :roll:

I enjoyed them all. Even the CGI one.

But the first two are really the best.

You can't beat the very first meeting between Ralph and Casey Jones.

The Ninja Rap is awesome.

The second one (Secret of the Ooze) was my favorite when I was a little kid. It had Tokka, Rahzar, Keno (the pizza delivery boy), Vanilla Ice, AND Super Shredder!

This should be a Casey Jones spin-off

directed by Quentin Tarantino

starring Matthew Fox

yeah

It's a little known fact that Ice is a huge Vanilla Ice fan. He actually started the Vanilla Ice fan club.
You got it all wrong.

I am Vanilla Ice. The original. That hack job stole my name! And my moves!

A new Live action turtles? Kick ***. I hope they do it like The Incredible Hulk and do the Turtles as their own Cgi characters and the rest of the people e.g April, as real actors. That would could work.

I like every turtle movie but I admit number 3 was crap so hopefully they avoid making it like that.

Latest posts

Back