Ebert and Roeper are officially leaving 'Ebert and Roeper'.

moonmaster

Without him, all of you would be lost souls roamin
Film critics Ebert, Roeper leaving their TV show

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Influential film critics Roger Ebert and Richard Roeper are departing the movie-review show that bears their names, the two announced separately, leaving the program's future unclear.

Ebert, 66, who has been sidelined as co-host of "At the Movies with Ebert & Roeper" since 2006 due to health problems, said in a statement posted on Monday on the Web site of the Chicago Sun-Times that he was ending his relationship with the show.

He had no explanation for his departure, but said producers had decided to "take the program in a new direction." Ebert, arguably America's best-known film critic, had remained active behind the scenes despite losing his voice to cancer.

His announcement came a day after Roeper, 48, said his last appearance on the show would be an episode airing August 17. Both Ebert and Roeper are columnists for the Sun-Times.

Full story.

As a long time watcher of the show, even after Ebert had to leave, I am sad.

Full story.

As a long time watcher of the show, even after Ebert had to leave, I am sad.

Eh, as long as Ebert still does his column in the Times, I'm fine with it.

As for Roeper. . .I could never warm up to him. And since Ebert's been gone since 2006 anyways, meh.

I always thought the show was called "At the Movies" not "Ebert & Roeper" and that the latter 'subtitle' is banking on their pre-existing credibility as film critics on print. In effect, this means that the show would STILL be called "At the Movies"

Latest posts

Back