If the Adam West Batman Series Came out on DVD, would you buy it?

Would you buy the "Batman" series with Adam West on DVD?

• Yes! Batman owes a large quantity of his success to that show.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • No! It's so annoying the way this show is the only way Batman is remembered. It sucks.

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • Stop stealing my water.

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

Gothamite

I don't have time to post all of my thoughts. Just answer the poll and give me yours.

"Stop stealing my water" means 'undecided'. ;)

Last edited:
I'm definitely undecided.

Overall, I would say that I hate how whenever the fact that I read comics or that I like Batman comes up in a conversation, I get all the "Nanananana!" crap, but it doesn't change the fact that there's a handful of truly side-splitting episodes that I'd love to own.

PROS:

- Hilarity. BATMAN (to Robin, as they walk into a restaurant): "We should sit over there by the wall. We want to remain inconspicuous."

- The Batmobile is badass and is always great to see in action. Probably not the best of the live-action Batmobiles in terms of crimefighting ability, but definitely the best Batmobile to pick up dates in (followed closely by the one in Batman Forever. Dick Grayson agrees with me).

- As silly as they often were, some of the villains were actually badass. Cesar Romero is pretty scary if you're a five-year old and Gorshin is just universally scary/awesome.

- The babes. Jill St. John in her prime. Batgirl. Julie Newmar as Catwoman. Yes.

- The atmospheres. I can't thing of anything that screams "Pop 60s" the way I imagine it was than the Batman show.

- The theme tune. 'Nuff said.

CONS:

- The obvious. It bears little or no similarity to what Batman is or should be like. The Batsuit serves no function whatsoever other than to make Adam West look like a used condom filled with oatmeal.

- The annoying riddles in every single episode that basically would have made the Riddler a redundant, clichéd, unoriginal villain if not for Gorshin's manic performance.

- The annoyingly repetitive plots. Even for its time, this was a very poorly plotted show.

- The theme tune. 'Nuff said.

I'd buy it in a heartbeat, sure it was campy and cheesy but damn if that was not good tv

Eh. Nope. It's not like I'd ever watch it.

Although, when I was a kid, I had the video to the movie version and I watched that **** non-stop. If that were on DVD, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

If my two best friends were still in the city, I'd immeadiately buy it. We all used to watch it together after school every Thursday when one of them got Digital Cable and it was THE funniest thing ever, we constantly reminis about it.

I'm honestly not sure. I mean I had great love for it when I was younger, and it still has some funny moments. If I had kids I'd definatly buy it. If not I think it'd be all about price.

I probably wouldn't buy it, because life is too short.

It's not that it's bad, but I think there are hundreds of other campy things I already saw three times over and have no desire to relive because of the continuing stream of new campy things pouring forth from the pop machine.

Latest posts

Back