Why I Hate Superman

Not the first or the best thing I've ever read about why Superman sucks, but he's not wrong. These are some of the reasons why I am completely incapable of reading Superman.

Interesting.

And I agree with it for some parts. Although that hasn't stopped me from liking Superman in the past...

Last edited:
Okay, this is ridiculous.

Superman sez: all criminals are bad. All lawbreakers deserve punishment. If Superman were in charge of the DEA, roughly 70% of college students across the country would be serving time in prison right now.

Superman has no values of his own, so he's content to just uphold the values of the ruling class;

Jesus Christ, has this guy even READ a decent Superman story?

Bats comes up against a young boy holding a gun on him. Batman, understanding the complexity of crime and the reasons for its existence, talks the kid into dropping the gun and giving up a life of violence.

Superman would probably just use his heat-vision to melt the gun, then put the kid in prison where he'd become a hard-bitten thug who'd murder somebody a few months after getting out.

Yeah, or he'd do something else and you'd talk out of your *** without actual example, let alone evidence of this as some sort of ingrained character development anyway.

Sorry, I have to stop here. I couldn't get past the part where he starts defending his viewpoint with bullets like "Powers given < Powers earned" and "Batman > Superman". HOW IS THAT AN ARGUMENT? "Ferraris suck because Lamborghinis are better"?!

Gah. I'll let Gothamite handle this later.

Last edited:
If anything Batman is my favourite, with Superman either tied or EXTREMELY close and Spider-Man not far behind either.

But that doesn't make "This sucks because that is better" anything resembling a debate tactic. Especially when all your other points are baseless nonsense that's far more dependant on the writer than the character.

If anything Batman is my favourite, with Superman either tied or EXTREMELY close and Spider-Man not far behind either.

But that doesn't make "This sucks because that is better" anything resembling a debate tactic. Especially when all your other points are baseless nonsense that's far more dependant on the writer than the character.

Plus, that example is completely wrong anyway, since Batman is more likely to batarang a kid with a gun and Superman is more likely to talk him down.

About the only thing I agree with is the fact that Kal is a walking deus ex machina, but that doesn't make him a ****ty character on its own. What's made Superman unreadable in the past was a LONG line of ****ty writers. I still like Kal, he's a great counter point to Bruce.

Yeah, the article was kind of bull****.

I'll let Grant Morrison and Frank Quitely explain why Superman is awesome:

AllStarSupermanInterviewPage1.jpg

AllStarSupermanInteviewPage2.jpg

AllStarSupermanInterviewPage3.jpg

AllStarSupermanInterviewPage4.jpg

There are some legit complaints about Supes but there ways to get around that:

For example Superman being too tough, well just make sure his villains are as tough as he is. Darkseid should stop jobbing Supes, Darkseid is an epic threat villain, not a regular foe. Make sure brainiac stays a viable threat to Supes, one Superman can't just punch out. Even low level villains like Parasite and metallo can stay threats if written correctly.

Also some rogues need go, Toyman doesn't work as a Superman villain, he isn't a threat to Supes and Supes shouldn't fight a child killer.

I'm not reading all of that. It's long and the print in your pictures is too small.

Sum it up for me in 3 sentences or less.
Superman is awesome.

You are not.

FACT.

Latest posts

Back