Nazi Nina: New Comic Idea

JonniRandom

I'm writing a short prose story with graphic novel elements for an anthology...it is to be called 'Nazi Nina', and is kind of a mix between Tank Girl/Planet Terror/Indiana Jones/Austin Powers
Its concerns a woman named Nina whom was some kind of cliched Nazi experiment and was placed into stasis....or something.
Cue the parodies, cliches and downright comedy, this will contain thrills AND spills!
HA!
So, any ideas? contributions? or should I post more of the story up here?

I think I should...

Last edited:
Well, I'd definitely like to know if this is meant to be an ongoing series, a mini, or a self-contained graphic novel, because that would obviously set limits on the kind of story you can tell with that concept.

Also, how seriously do you plan to take it? Will it be similar in tone to, say, Kevin Smith's Dogma, or the series Preacher, where lots of over-the-top stuff happens, but there's still a legitimate critique of the values and beliefs represented?

Or is this just something that's more for pure entertainment value?

Also, how sympathetic is Nina supposed to be? Will it just follow her perspective, but the audience is just waiting to find out how she will get her *** handed to her (which is largely the case with, say, the protagonist in Millar's Wanted). Or do you plan on taking the X-23 route, where you want the readers to cheer her on, as she attempts to overcome her ideological programming?

Likewise, I'm curious about the circumstances by which she is awakened in the present day. Accident? Discovered by a non-involved third party? Deliberately thawed out by neo-Nazi sympathizers? Obviously, this will be a crucial point in establishing how the rest of the story will play out.

The reason "fish out of water" stories are so persistent, e.g. time-displaced individuals, is because there's already an established set of tropes (waking up in a strange new world; befriending the "locals"/"natives"; discovering the cultural values of the era/place, etc.) but a million different ways to apply them.

You've got the seed of a wonderful idea here. I'm looking forward to seeing what it grows into.

I'm writing a short prose story with graphic novel elements for an anthology...it is to be called 'Nazi Nina', and is kind of a mix between Tank Girl/Planet Terror/Indiana Jones/Austin Powers
Its concerns a woman named Nina whom was some kind of cliched Nazi experiment and was placed into stasis....or something.
Cue the parodies, cliches and downright comedy, this will contain thrills AND spills!
HA!
So, any ideas? contributions? or should I post more of the story up here?

I think I should...

I don't think anyone can really properly offer ideas or contributions without knowing a little more.

Also, I'm curious, what sort of format are you going to use for blending prose and comics?

I don't think anyone can really properly offer ideas or contributions without knowing a little more.

Also, I'm curious, what sort of format are you going to use for blending prose and comics?

I will add more in half an hour BUT
Well, it'll basically be a novel with illustrations, but the illustrations relate directly to the story, and there are A LOT of them.

It's a series of prose, I think.
It will be PREACHER style AND pure entertainment
AND YES!!! THE X-23 TYPE SERIES, did you read that? I loved it!
(and NYX)

Awakened via accident by the US government, who use her to infiltrate some modern neo-nazi's.

IT is also a kind of nazisploitation genre, which is basically exploitation (applied to prose) with a Nazi spin.

Last edited:
I will add more in half an hour BUT
Well, it'll basically be a novel with illustrations, but the illustrations relate directly to the story, and there are A LOT of them.

Okay... So it's a novel, rather than a short story submission for an anthology?

JonniRandom said:
It's a series of prose, I think.
It will be PREACHER style AND pure entertainment
AND YES!!! THE X-23 TYPE SERIES, did you read that? I loved it!
(and NYX)

Okay. You spend a lot of time saying what it's like but not precisely what it is. If it's in the style of Preacher, what is it a satire of? I'm not trying to be a dick. I only bring it up because I do the same thing. I see a bunch of different stories and I'm like, "I want it to be like this and this and this" and soon it's just a jumble of different ideas. I think you need to start with a solid goal in mind for the story (or if you have, provide us with this basic throughline) before anything else.

JonniRandom said:
Awakened via accident by the US government, who use her to infiltrate some modern neo-nazi's.

What's the hook for the neo-nazis? What makes them fresh and interesting? What's their objective and how has their fascist (I'm assuming they're still fascists?) ideology changed in the sixty years since the end of the Second World War? And why's it interesting enough for us to read another story with nazis as the villains?

JonniRandom said:
IT is also a kind of nazisploitation genre, which is basically exploitation (applied to prose) with a Nazi spin.

Okay. What aspects of nazism are you exploiting?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back