What are you looking forward to this year?

What are you looking forward to?

• Total voters

ProjectX2

Don't expect me to take you with me when I go to s
Vote for the comic projects you're excited for this year.

EDIT: If there are any new/big things I've missed, feel free to post and I'll edit them in.

Last edited:
I am looking forward to a lot.

• 1985- Because the premise of the comic sounds excellent.

• Uncanny- Terry Dodson! Plus the new crew starts off with issue #500, which should be a great fun time.

• War Heroes- Mainly because Tony Harris is freaking awesome and the penciled preview alone looks jaw-dropping.

• Wolverine: "Old Man Logan"- Again- the premise sounds awesome. I don't collect Wolverine, but I will surely read the singles and collect the TPB. Plus, STEVE MCNIVEN FTW!!

• Astonishing X-Men: Warren Ellis writing. Simon Bianchi drawing. A crazed-out but awesome combination. I'm very excited to check out what they have in stored.

Now, one I'm not excited for, but still am interested in checking out will be Secret Invasion. The reason why I'm not excited is because they announced it really too early. When it was first talked about- the hype along about the series was better than Civil War. Now it's just..."Oh, right. That."

Still, like I said, I'll definitely buy the mini, but the excitement is all gone, which is a shame. Maybe when it starts I'll be happy for it again. We'll see.

Last edited:
This is the first I heard of a new JLA comic. Anyone can tell me which thread it's in?

Secret Invasion and Astonishing, but I'm definitely interested in finding out more about the DC stuff and checking out the Alex Ross thing...

Probably Final Crisis and Astonishing X-men the most.

Geoff Johns upcoming "Rage Of The Red Lanterns" Storyline and his big Brainiac crossover.

The new Justice League comic sounds awesome.

I'm sort of looking forward to Final Crisis because afterwards it means that they might actually divert their attention to fleshing out the DC Universe and concentrate on having it make sense as a continuity again.

Even still, I voted for Superman/Action Comics Brainiac Crossover. It's been too long since the good old days of crossover action in Superman comics.

Last edited:
I'm not really looking forward to it, per se, but since I don't read any of the BIG TWO's Mainstream Universe titles, I chose Ultimatum. I'm very worried about Loeb being handed the reins of both UFF and UXM (after what he did to the Ultimates), but I'm intrigued to see the results of the crossover, however ugly and bumpy the ride itself will probably be.

I'm basically just hoping Ultimatum/Ultimate Origins will somehow fix all the continuity mistakes in the Ultimate-verse. And hoping that whatever happens post-Ultimatum will be Loeb-Free.

Anything by Morrison, Ellis and Robinson.

Altho, I'm REALLY looking forward to the Rage. After three different "quizzes" gave me red rings, I've stopped fighting it.

There's a big Millar interview up on Newsarama where he talks about 1985 and Fantastic Four. They sound really, really cool. Also; they do tie up, but in subtle ways. You don't need to read the other comic to understand what's happening. This is how I prefer comics crossed over.

I'm so excited for all these Millar/Johns/Robinson comics!

There's a big Millar interview up on Newsarama where he talks about 1985 and Fantastic Four. They sound really, really cool. Also; they do tie up, but in subtle ways. You don't need to read the other comic to understand what's happening. This is how I prefer comics crossed over.

I'm so excited for all these Millar/Johns/Robinson comics!

Agreed. I'm also surprisingly excited about Ultimate Origins, and I don't even like Bendis.

1985 looks very interesting, if only because I've day dreamed this since I was a little kid.

Besides, its Millar! How can it not be awesome?

Warren Ellis is my personal internet saviour, so I am mandated to be excited for his X-Run.

I just wish he was with Cassidy and not Bianchi, but hey, it'll still be great.

Also very excited for Final Crisis, aka, DC's one and only chance to earn my forgiveness for Countdown.

I just wish he was with Cassidy and not Bianchi, but hey, it'll still be great.
Yeah, Cassiday would've been cool, too. And yes- Bianchi still has great art.

Also very excited for Final Crisis, aka, DC's one and only chance to earn my forgiveness for Countdown.
I'm getting Final Crisis, too!

Funny thing is, I'm selling all my Countdown issues to my friend. :lol:

Latest posts

Back