Comic Dreamcasting #25 The Amazing Spider-Man (Ends 1-19-08)

thee great one

Master of TOG-fu.
THE RULES------------------------
1) The winner of the last round becomes the moderator of the round, and thus gets to choose the property or story in question to be adapted. Winner may also declare whether this property is an animated film, or a live-action one. He must also name the core characters to be cast, which should be at least 4, but no more than 9.

2) You may not use actors who have played the role before in the same medium before. Voice talents may not reprise their role, nor can film ones.

3) After 10 days, the round is declared closed. People will vote via PM and send it to the moderator, who will count the votes and declare winner. Like the Ultimatization Game, you CANNOT vote for yourself.

4) The winner declared gets to choose the property in the next round.

Now in this round you can choose to build off the existing franchise or build a new one.

You must cast...

Spider-Man11.jpg

Peter Parker, Spider-Man

MaryJane01.jpg

Mary Jane Watson

OR

7730-gwen-stacy_400.jpg

Gwen Stacy

Than you must cast 4-5 more characters from the Spider-Man mythos. Allies, Enemies, etc. You must have at least one villain for your film.

Supporting Characters

Enemies

Last edited:
Now in this round you can choose to build off the existing franchise or build a new one.

You must cast...

Than you must cast 4-5 more characters from the Spider-Man mythos. Allies, Enemies, etc. You must have at least one villain for your film.
Awesome.

Though how do we build off the existing franchise without re-using the actors? Or do you mean that our hypothetical cast of a hypothetical continuation carries off from the end of Spider-Man 3 but without using the same actors?

I'm thinking of going older in this film.

Awesome.

Though how do we build off the existing franchise without re-using the actors? Or do you mean that our hypothetical cast of a hypothetical continuation carries off from the end of Spider-Man 3 but without using the same actors?

I'm thinking of going older in this film.

Yes.

Like casting a new Bond or something.

You cannot use Kristen or Tobey again.

It's kinda of selfish by the fact that I hated them as these two.

But I'm the moderator so I do what I want.

Last edited:
You cannot use Kristen or Tobey again.

It's kinda of selfish by the fact that I hated them as these two.

But I'm the moderator so I do what I want.
Actually, it's less that you have a moderator prerogative and more that them be the rules of the game in the first place.

As far as I'm concerned, this is basically like the Batman Begins Continues round, only more awesome because we get to get rid of grannyboobs Dunst.

Excepting of course, for those who choose to start from the beginning.

Last edited:
I want to build a movie partially based on the beginning of JMS' run on the title... I've got my 30-something Peter Parker, and a damn good Ezekiel, but I haven't decided whether I want to go with the Morlun plot... But I think that's what I'll probably end up doing.

So, expect a cast soon.

The Amazing Spider-man​

I decided to start the series off the start again , Get it closer to the comics and just have a fresh started

Peter Parker / Spider-man : Shia LaBeouf
– Ourchair mentioned in another thread that he would be great as everyday kid in high school and the sarcastic , wise cracking spidey we all know and love , For this I believe Shia is an important part in making it closer to the comics.

Uncle Ben : Dan Aykroyd – I wanted uncle ben to younger than he was in other films but still be old , Uncle Ben needs to be a nice guy but also a strong role model for Peter , Dan Aykroyd could do this well and I think any heart to heart scenes with Shia before he died could be something really great.

Aunt May : Kristine Sutherland – Again I wanted younger so that they age with Peter but not too young , I set the age range at 45-50-ish , Kristine Sutherland played Joyce Summers in Buffy and from that I honestly think she could play the parental figure to Peter and still have the Aunt May quality

Liz Allan : Kaley Cuoco , The popular girl in high school , Kaley Cuoco is just perfect for that role as she played very similar parts before like in 8 simple rules. The actress also needed to be hot and Kaley Cuoco is just that.

Gwen Stacy : Laura Prepon – The girl next door and Peter's true love , I know it said to cast Mary Jane but if I'm really starting from the beginning Gwen is the way to go and bring Mary jane in later , Laura Prepon as Donna in that 70's show is pretty much like Gwen and that's why I cast her. Now having Gwen not M.J may get me disqualified but it's worth it.

J. Jonah Jameson : John C. McGinley
– Put a moustache on Dr Cox and you pretty much have what I'm going for here and the reason I think this choice is a really good one for Jameson

Flash Thompson : James Lafferty – Flash is pretty much the dumb jock , I honestly think James Lafferty could handle that as well as been believable as a bully for Peter but a huge fan of Spider-man

Joseph "Robbie" Robertson – Terry Crews , Robbie needs to be a serious character but he needs to be someone who you would believe had a bit of a criminal past for if tombstone is brought in to later movies , both of theses are the reason for Terry Crews.

Crusher Hogan – Hulk Hogan : The professional Wrestler Spider-man fights while starting off , If they had Hulk hogan in the role it would be believable as everyone knows hulk hogan , even people who do not wwatch wrestling anymore know Hulk Hogan this is important

The Burglar – Jon Cryer – I think Jon Cryer would make a good "down on his luck" Burglar who kills uncle Ben

Last edited:
Harry Osborn – Chad Michael Murray – Now having harry in changes things from comics and his not having his dad as the villain makes the point of start of new franchise not a sequel or remake I needed him in it. Chad Michael Murray can play the disturbed teenager as well as the friend so I think he'll have all the elements of Harry down.

Chameleon : Tom Hanks
– Most of the Chameleon will be cgi or other actors , While it's true Chameleon is Russian and Hanks is not I wanted someone you would think "ahhh a good guy" and since Tom Hanks is mr nice guy in Hollywood so when it is revealed he is the shape changing villain I want people to be shocked.

Last edited:
Mole, John C. McGinley as JJ is an awesome choice.

That's about the only one of the cast that I like. And maybe Kaley....maybe....

But I thought of all optional choices you could cast, you HAD to cast MJ? In fact her and Peter were the only 2 people you HAD to cast.

But I thought of all optional choices you could cast, you HAD to cast MJ? In fact her and Peter were the only 2 people you HAD to cast.

Your right and I said it may get may get me disqualified but it's worth it as MJ was not in it at the beginning and would serve no purpose been in it. but it should be allowed like the other round were people cast current ones not ones listed.

BUT if my cast is void it's void , I just wanted to do a cast for the film based on how I thought it should start

and thank you for the ones you liked , could I ask if there is any reasons in particular e.g very very wrong for the part . that you didn't like the rest?

Last edited:

I'm going to say you go with either Mary Jane or Gwen Stacey.

Also....maybe I'm not clear on this.....

But this is for the continuation of the movie franchise (like DSF's Batman round) or the actual Amazing Spider-Man comic book?

Last edited:
Your right and I said it may get may get me disqualified but it's worth it as MJ was not in it at the beginning and would serve no purpose been in it. but it should be allowed like the other round were people cast current ones not ones listed.

BUT if my cast is void it's void , I just wanted to do a cast for the film based on how I thought it should start

and thank you for the ones you liked , could I ask if there is any reasons in particular e.g very very wrong for the part . that you didn't like the rest?

I also think in this round, no one should go over the 5 optional characters.

Also....maybe I'm not clear on this.....

But this is for the continuation of the movie franchise (like DSF's Batman round) or the actual Amazing Spider-Man comic book?

It could be either. You can restart it all or continue it.

I plan on a soft reboot thing like Hulk and Superman.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back