The Hobbit

I'm trying out for the role of Bilbo.
LilLangsta-1.jpg

The only way this will be good is if Jackson directs and McKellan, Weaving, and Serkis all return to their respective roles. Heck, Holm should still play Bilbo too.

I think McKellan and Serkis should return. Weaving and Holm, they can manage without.

I honestly want all the LotR actors who played characters that show up in the Hobbit to reprise their roles.

I honestly want all the LotR actors who played characters that show up in the Hobbit to reprise their roles.

Hugo Weaving and Ian Holm are too old though. And I don't want them to waste money on age-reducing effects.

EDIT: Yeah, forget about the Weaving thing. Ian Holm, though.

Last edited:

Yep, completely agree.

Hugo Weaving and Ian Holm are too old though. And I don't want them to waste money on age-reducing effects.

EDIT: Yeah, forget about the Weaving thing. Ian Holm, though.

The way Holm looks at the beginning of Fellowship is the way Bilbo's supposed to look - late middle-aged. It wouldn't be a problem.

Oh. I always thought he was a kid in the Hobbit.

...what?

I think Bilbo looked too old at the beginning of the Fellowship. I guess it could be fixed with makeup (they probably put some on to make him look that old in the first place), but they'd have to go with a completely different look. I think in Fellowship, he looks like he's in his late fifties or early sixties--the transition period from middle age to seniority--while in The Hobbit I was under the impression that he was in his forties (we're talking human years here), old enough to be settling down and getting aches and pains, but not nearly as old as Fellowship Bilbo. But I could be wrong and I've always been crap at guessing ages.

I know. One time I tried to tell people that it was years between the eleventy-first party and Gandalf's return. They didn't believe me.

Of course, Frodo had the ring that entire time and hobbit years aren't the same as human years, so it's kind of moot.

Yeah. Most people who liked the movies probably never got past the first chapter of Fellowship, if they started it at all. He waits like a freaking decade before taking off.

I read the book first and was surprised to see that there was some tension there in trying to get out.

The greatness of Ian Holm's makeup in the 'Hobbit' flashback at the beginning of LotR: FotR gives me full confidence that he'll be back for the movies. An EW.com article said that Jackson has maintained in close contact with all the LotR actors who appear in 'The Hobbit', all of whom have expressed interest in being in the prequels.

Latest posts

Back